Running an online ecommerce store is not an easy task for store owners. Remember that customers aren’t just looking for the right products at the right price. They are looking for a complete shopping experience that starts with selecting the right product: which has accurate/clear images, content, and everything about the product details.
Sometimes customers add products to their carts, but not complete order due to website load times or improper navigation. And in the result, you lose sales. To overcome this issue, we have an option called WooCommerce abandoned the cart, which allows you to reduce your store’s abandonment rate.
WooCommerce abandoned cart emails are a big opportunity for store owners to recover otherwise lost revenue. So in this article, I am going to tell how you can add WooCommerce abandoned cart on your store to recover your customers and get higher sales.
Table of Contents
- WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Plugin
- Features of WooCommerce Abandoned Cart (Free)
- WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Premium Features
- Installation Instruction – Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Emails Setting and Configuration
- General Settings
- Cart Abandoned Cut-off Time
- Automatically Delete Abandoned Orders
- Email Admin on Order Recovery
- Start tracking from Cart Page
- Email Sending Settings
- Create Abandoned Cart Emails Template
- Add New Template
- Name & Subject
- Email Body
- WooCommerce Template Style
- Email Template Header Text
- Send this Email
- Sending Test Email
- Email Test Result
- General Settings
- Other Features of WooCommerce Abandoned Cart
- Abandoned Order
- Recovered Orders
- Product Report
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Plugin
I have listed some of the free, freemium and premium plugins are below. These plugins help you reduce your WooCommerce abandoned cart rate.
- Abandoned cart lite for WooCommerce (Freemium)
- YITH WooCommerce recover abandoned cart (Premium)
- Advanced Cart Recovery (Free)
- WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart (Premium)
For the purpose of this article, I am using Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce plugin. This plugin is keep updating and has over 20,000 active installs. It allows you to recover orders that were just a step away from closing.
It is a freemium plugin, so it’s your choice whether you use a free version or premium version. Let’s see some of the free and premium features below.
Features of WooCommerce Abandoned Cart (Free)
Let’s see some of the free features below.
- Helps your customers to recover abandoned carts in just 1-click
- Helps you recover orders that were just a step away from closing
- Helps you identify the abandoned orders information
- Helps you create unlimited emails template
- Helps you use Rich Text Editor to create templates
- Helps you stop automatically emails notification
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Premium Features
Let’s see some of the premium features below.
- Helps you use powerful features like Add to Cart Pop-up Modal
- Comes with 3 default email templates for your ease
- Helps you embed WooCommerce coupon code for your customer
- Allows you add custom variables like customer name, product Information, coupons, etc.
- Allows admin to export the abandoned orders to CSV format
Now let’s move to the installation process.
Installation Instruction – Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
For plugin installation, go to WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New → search for “abandoned cart lite for WooCommerce”. After that, click Install Now button and then Activate the plugin.
You can also download this plugin outside your WooCommerce dashboard. Go to Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce, then click the Download button. After that, go back to WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New → click on Upload Plugin button and then Install and Activate the plugin.
After successful installation, the tab will appear under WooCommerce → Abandoned Carts.
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Emails Setting and Configuration
First thing first, using WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Lite is to define what you actually consider an abandoned cart.
So we need to go to the Settings tab. Here, we can see two setting options. The first one is General Settings and the second one is Email Sending Settings.
Cart Abandoned Cut-Off Time: You can set the cart abandoned time here. It is set to 10 minutes by default. You can also increase or decrease the time later if you want.
Automatically Delete Abandoned Orders: Here you can set the number of automatically delete abandoned cart orders like after 10 days or 20 days and so on.
Email Admin on Order Recovery: It allows you to send abandoned cart recovery email.
Start Tracking from Cart Page: By default, this option is enabled so I would like to suggest if you want to track from cart page, then do not disable this option.
Email Sending Settings
Here you can set the abandoned cart recovery emails whatever you want to add. By default, it is filled if you want to change it then change it.
Create Abandoned Cart Emails Template
To do this, go to Email Templates abandoned carts area and then click Add New Template button.
Add New Template
On the next screen, you can see email form where you have multiple options like Template Name, Subject, Email Body, Use WooCommerce Template Style, Email Template Header Text, Send This Email and Send a Test Email, etc.
Name and Subject
So for testing purpose, I am going to add one email. So, first I am going to add a Template Name which is private, so the user cannot see this. The second option is Subject, you need to add the subject whatever you want.
After that, go to Email Body and add email template whatever you have. You can also add the shortcode here. It can automatically add the customer’s first name, last name, full name, product information, cart content, cart link, the date when the cart was abandoned, and unsubscribe link. So this is the very good options for you!
WooCommerce Template Style
The next option is the WooCommerce template style. We recommend you tick the check this checkbox. After checking, your email template will look with WooCommerce Template Style enabled and it looks good. For more example, see the screenshot below.
Email Template Header Text
You have an option of Email Template Header Text. Add the header text whatever you want.
Send This Email
You can set the sending email whether it is in Days and Hours.
Sending Test Email
And finally, here you can check the testing your email template.
Email Test Result
For testing purpose, I am adding my email address and then click on the Send a test email. So now here you can see I have successfully received the email.
Other Features of WooCommerce Abandoned Cart
Some of the more features of the abandoned cart are here.
- Abandoned Order: Here you can see individual abandoned orders.
- Recovered Orders: This is the recovered section it will show you how much money you have earned by sending abandoned cart email.
- Product Report: Here you can see how many products and which product get abandoned.
Now you know how to set up WooCommerce abandoned cart email by using a plugin. This is the great way to boost your sale and higher your store conversion rate. So, if you want even more ways to improve your sales, then I have found a listed of the best WooCommerce extensions and listed must-have WooCommerce plugins
If you have any query regarding this article, then feel free to ask me via the comment section below. Or if you have already added abandoned cart plugin in your WooCommerce store and you are getting stuck with this then you can ask me.
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at email@example.com
Simplified Managed Cloud Hosting for Ecommerce Stores.
Convert traffic into buyers with managed Ecommerce Cloud hosting.