Shipping is one of the most essential aspects of a WooCommerce store because it directly influences the customer experience. It is also one of the most challenging areas for ecommerce store owners because of the technical and logistic challenges. Like all challenges in the WordPress industry, there is a host of plugins to help store owners deal with shipping-related issues.
In this article, I will discuss some of the top free and paid WooCommerce shipping plugins that will definitely improve the customers’ experience at your store. But before diving into the plugin list, I’d like to mention the features that you need to know before finalizing a WooCommerce shipping plugin for your store.
- Why You Should Use a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin?
- Feature to Look in a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin
- Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
- WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
- ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin
- WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
- WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
- Table Rate for WooCommerce
- Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce
- Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
- Advanced Flat Rate Shipping Method WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping
- YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking
Why You Should Use a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin?
There are numerous ways to grow your eCommerce business and increase your selling growth like choosing a managed WooCommerce hosting. But when it comes to deliver your products to a wider range of customers and increase your reach then it would not be wrong to say that a WooCommerce shipping plugin is the best option.
Managed WooCommerce Hosting Starting from $10/month.
Create, manage, and customize your WooCommerce store with complete freedom.
WooCommerce Shipping plugin helps you extend your online store functions and allows you to create different shipping options for your WooCommerce store.
This plugin will make your delivery process a lot easier & smooth and lets you focus on your business needs instead. Also, you can easily integrate your WooCommerce store with popular shipping services like DHL and make delivery throughout the world.
Features to Look in a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin
Now let’s take a look at the factors that you need to consider before choosing a WooCommerce shipping plugin. Almost all plugins offer a similar set of features including the following features that cater to the essential requirements of the shipping process.
Online stores with physical products require close attention to shipping. Store owners need to line up several factors to ensure delivery to the destination. That’s why it’s so important to have a flexible shipping solution that will let you create multiple custom shipping rate methods depending on your needs. It should be able to calculate different rates for weight, dimension, quantity, and product category.
Buyers come from all over and given the high competition, store owners need to cater to all buy requests. A good WooCommerce plugin supports both domestic and international shipping options.
Shipment Tracking has become an essential feature that every customer expects from any online store. The ability to track the package(s) as it moves through the logistics chain boosts the confidence of the buyer and develops trust that goes a long way in building the store’s reputation.
300x Faster WooCommerce Stores on Cloudways Hosting
Over 55+ built-in features to improve development workflows and site speed.
Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
Like every other area, WooCommerce users can have their pick of the shipping plugins because almost every reputable vendor has created a shipping plugin for WooCommerce.
So let’s take a look at these best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
1. WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway is a popular service that helps ecommerce store owners manage, import, and export orders. This plugin is free and helps you integrate ShipStation services within your WooCommerce store.
- It is highly customizable so that you can use it irrespective of the size of your business.
- It helps you import orders, batch label creation, communicate with customers, etc.
- You can use the ShipStation mobile app for both Android and iOS.
2. ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin
ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label is a free USPS shipping plugin that offers flexible & powerful features and is specially optimized for product delivery processes. Installing this plugin is a great way to enhance the customer experience by bringing an element of transparency and clarity to your shipping rates.
- Provide live shipping rates to your customers based on shipping destination, weight, and dimensions of products.
- Set up a fallback rate to help customers checkout smoothly even when the API does not return live rates.
- The premium version offers additional great features such as a detailed USPS shipment tracking facility.
What Sets Cloudways Apart?
Book a demo at the date and time of your choosing and find out.
3. WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping is a powerful shipping solution available on CodeCanyon for just $23. This plugin also offers a free version at the WordPress plugin repository. With the help of this plugin, you create multiple shipping methods and different shipping conditions.
The plugin supports conditions for shipping rates such as item quantity, user roles, shipping class, category, and product weight. The performance of the plugin can be further extended with extensions such as Shipping Zones and Advanced Pricing.
- This plugin requires no coding skills and offers a simple user interface.
- The plugin supports unlimited shipping methods.
4. WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Plugin is a free plugin that offers fantastic features through which you can easily create different shipping rules. The plugin’s pro version offers more features such as unlimited shipping services. The intuitive user interface of this plugin makes handling table rates extremely easy. It integrates with WooCommerce shipping zones and helps define shipping rates by total weight.
- Include or exclude the tax for shipping rates based on the specific business requirements.
- Easily set up multiple tiers of shipping rates.
- Add extra handling charges for each order.
5. Table Rate for WooCommerce
Table Rate for WooCommerce helps you define shipping costs based on order weight or cart total. You can create shipping rules and methods and add names and descriptions to your shipping methods.
- Add costs based on cart total and weight simultaneously.
- Display specific shipping methods to logged-in customers.
- Option for CSV import.
6. Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce
Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce provides a very unique value proposition and allows you to restrict or offer shipping methods on your WooCommerce store. The pro version offers more conditions and options to set shipping costs.
- Restrict shipping methods based on different conditions, including products, total order weight, volume, or dimensions.
7. Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce provides a shipment tracking facility that improves the overall experience for the customers. This plugin helps you include tracking information from over 300 shipping carriers into the WooCommerce order completion emails.
- The shipment tracking information includes the shipping carrier, tracking number, and date.
- You can easily add custom shipping providers.
- Different premium addons like tracking per item addon.
8. Flat Rate Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce
Flat Rate Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce is a free shipping plugin that helps you create different shipping methods based on a range of conditions including product, category, country, quantity, etc. This plugin is a good option if you have diverse products and customers and you need help in managing the shipping cost.
- Calculate tax for different shipping methods.
- Supports multiple shipping methods from cost-based to flat rate shipping.
9. WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping Plugin is really useful if you want to calculate shipping rates based on the weight of the order. It allows you to create multiple rules based on different store strategies and conditions.
- Create different shipping rules for your order destination, weight, and subtotal ranges.
- Set up a progressive shipping rate or a flat rate, depending on the total cart weight.
10. YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking
YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking allows you to manage shipping information and customers to track the orders. This plugin provides an option to display order tracking information to your customers on your WooCommerce store.
- Automatically fills the shipping carrier details, tracking code, and date for shipping orders.
- You can choose any location on the Order Details page to display the tracking information.
- A premium plugin with more advanced tracking features is also available.
I hope one of these plugins will help you enhance the customer experience and help you at your WooCommerce store. Cloudways offers a 3-day free trial (without a credit card) so give it a try and test these plugins on the fastest WooCommerce web hosting.
Customer Review at
“Great performance for the price, and plenty of control”
Sean P [SMB Owner]
Farhan is a community manager at Cloudways. He loves to work with WordPress and has a passion for web development. Mostly, he spends his time interacting with the people in the WordPress community. Apart from his work life, Farhan spends his time gaming and playing sports. Feel free to contact him at [email protected]