Shipping is one of the most essential aspects of a WooCommerce store because it directly influences the customer experience. It is also one of the most challenging areas for ecommerce store owners because of the technical and logistic challenges. Like all WordPress challenges, there are a host of plugins to help store owners deal with shipping-related issues.
In this article, I will discuss some of the top free and paid WooCommerce shipping plugins that will definitely improve the customers’ experience at your store. But before diving into the plugin list, I’d like to mention the features that you need to know before finalizing a WooCommerce shipping plugin for your store.
- Why You Should Use a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin?
- Feature to Look in a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin
- Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
- WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
- ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin
- WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
- WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
- Table Rate for WooCommerce
- Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce
- Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
- Advanced Flat Rate Shipping Method WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping
- WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin
Why You Should Use a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin?
There are numerous ways to grow your eCommerce business and increase your selling growth, like choosing a managed WooCommerce hosting. But when it comes to delivering your products to a wider range of customers and increasing your reach, then it would not be wrong to say that a WooCommerce shipping plugin is the best option.
To amplify your eCommerce growth, opt for managed WooCommerce hosting for increased selling potential. And for that, try out our FREE web hosting pricing calculator to find out the right host that meets your requirements.
From launching to customizing your WooCommerce stores, Cloudways is at your service.
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, Cloudways Platform is based on UI, where you can create and customize your online store in a few seconds.
WooCommerce Shipping plugin helps you extend your online store functions and allows you to create different shipping options for your WooCommerce store.
This plugin will make your delivery process a lot easier & smooth and lets you focus on your business needs instead. Also, you can easily integrate your WooCommerce store with popular shipping services like DHL and make delivery worldwide.
Features to Look in a WooCommerce Shipping Plugin
Now let’s look at the factors you need to consider before choosing a WooCommerce shipping plugin. Almost all plugins offer similar features, including the following features that cater to the essential requirements of the shipping process.
Online stores with physical products require close attention to shipping. Store owners need to line up several factors to ensure delivery to the destination. That’s why it’s so important to have a flexible shipping solution that will let you create multiple custom shipping rate methods depending on your needs. It should be able to calculate different rates for weight, dimension, quantity, and product category.
Buyers come from all over, and given the high competition, store owners must cater to all buy requests. A good WooCommerce plugin supports both domestic and international shipping options.
Shipment Tracking has become an essential feature that every customer expects from any online store. The ability to track the package(s) as it moves through the logistics chain boosts the buyer’s confidence and develops trust that goes a long way in building the store’s reputation.
Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
Like every other area, WooCommerce users can pick up the shipping plugins because almost every reputable vendor has created a shipping plugin for WooCommerce.
So let’s take a look at these best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
1. WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway is a popular service that helps ecommerce store owners manage, import, and export orders. This free plugin helps you integrate ShipStation services within your WooCommerce store.
- It is highly customizable, so you can use it irrespective of the size of your business.
- It helps you import orders, batch label creation, communicate with customers, etc.
- You can use the ShipStation mobile app for both Android and iOS.
2. ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin
ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label is a free USPS shipping plugin that offers flexible & powerful features and is specially optimized for product delivery processes. Installing this plugin is a great way to enhance the customer experience by bringing an element of transparency and clarity to your shipping rates.
- Provide live shipping rates to your customers based on shipping destination, weight, and dimensions of products.
- Set up a fallback rate to help customers checkout smoothly even when the API does not return live rates.
- The premium version offers additional great features, such as a detailed USPS shipment tracking facility.
3. WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping is a powerful shipping solution available on CodeCanyon for just $23. This plugin also offers a free version at the WordPress plugin repository. With the help of this plugin, you create multiple shipping methods and different shipping conditions.
The plugin supports conditions for shipping rates such as item quantity, user roles, shipping class, category, and product weight. The plugin’s performance can be further extended with extensions such as Shipping Zones and Advanced Pricing.
- This plugin requires no coding skills and offers a simple user interface.
- The plugin supports unlimited shipping methods.
4. WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Plugin is a free plugin that offers fantastic features through which you can easily create different shipping rules. The plugin’s pro version offers more features, such as unlimited shipping services. The intuitive user interface of this plugin makes handling table rates extremely easy. It integrates with WooCommerce shipping zones and helps define shipping rates by total weight.
- Include or exclude the tax for shipping rates based on the specific business requirements.
- Easily set up multiple tiers of shipping rates.
- Add extra handling charges for each order.
5. Table Rate for WooCommerce
Table Rate for WooCommerce helps you define shipping costs based on order weight or cart total. You can create shipping rules and methods and add names and descriptions to your shipping methods.
- Add costs based on cart total and weight simultaneously.
- Display specific shipping methods to logged-in customers.
- Option for CSV import.
6. Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce
Conditional Shipping for WooCommerce provides a very unique value proposition and allows you to restrict or offer shipping methods on your WooCommerce store. The pro version offers more conditions and options to set shipping costs.
- Restrict shipping methods based on different conditions, including products, total order weight, volume, or dimensions.
7. Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce provides a shipment tracking facility that improves the overall experience for the customers. This plugin helps you include tracking information from over 300 shipping carriers in the WooCommerce order completion emails.
- The shipment tracking information includes the shipping carrier, tracking number, and date.
- You can easily add custom shipping providers.
- Different premium addons like tracking per item addon.
8. Flat Rate Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce
Flat Rate Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce is a free shipping plugin that helps you create different shipping methods based on various conditions, including product, category, country, quantity, etc. This plugin is a good option if you have diverse products and customers and you need help managing the shipping cost.
- Calculate tax for different shipping methods.
- Supports multiple shipping methods, from cost-based to flat-rate shipping.
9. WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping Plugin is really useful if you want to calculate shipping rates based on the weight of the order. It allows you to create multiple rules based on different store strategies and conditions.
- Create different shipping rules for your order destination, weight, and subtotal ranges.
- Set up a progressive or flat shipping rate, depending on the total cart weight.
10. WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin
The WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin is a vital tool for efficient order management. Integrating seamlessly with your WooCommerce store, it provides real-time UPS shipping rates, automates UPS label printing, offers flexible shipping options, and streamlines order tracking.
This WooCommerce UPS plugin enhances order management, saving time and improving the customer experience. Invest in the PluginHive UPS Shipping Plugin to elevate your online store’s performance.
- Display live UPS Shipping rates, automate label printing, and enable UPS tracking.
- Schedule UPS Pickups, print commercial invoices, and support domestic and UPS international shipping.
- Provides estimated delivery dates and special services like UPS SurePost and UPS Access Point
- Supports Multi-Parcel Packing Methods.
- ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express Plugin
- ShipEngine Shipping & Label Printing
- EasyPost Shipping Method Plugin
I hope one of these plugins will help you enhance the customer experience and help you at your WooCommerce store. Cloudways offers a 3-day free trial (without a credit card), so give it a try and test these plugins on the fastest WooCommerce web hosting.
Sarim Javaid is a Digital Content Producer at Cloudways. He has a habit of penning down his random thoughts and giving words and meaning to the clutter of ideas colliding inside his mind. His obsession with Google and his curious mind add to his research-based writing. Other than that, he's a music and art admirer and an overly-excited person.