When new versions are released, older versions of most software are maintained for a certain period until the End of Life (EOL) mark is reached. After this, while the versions might remain operational, they become susceptible to vulnerabilities.
Now, as we approach June 2020, merchants who are still on Magento 1 are getting anxious about the Magento 1 End of Life. So while they decide what to do next, they need to make sure that the M1 stores remain secure.
If you haven’t planned for Magento 1 EOL, there’s nothing to worry about. Cloudways have got you covered!
You still have time to migrate your M1 store to M2 without breaking anything. And, if you are unsure about the process or think you might break anything during the migration process, you can get help from any of the top-rated Magento agencies who have partnered with Cloudways to handle the process for you.
How can Cloudways Help You?
Whether you want to stay on Magento 1 or migrate your store to Magento 2, we have your back! For Cloudways managed Magento stores, we provide additional security through dedicated firewalls and our partnership with Sucuri.
Additionally, we provide 24/7 monitoring, bot protection, IP blacklisting, staging environment, FREE SSL certificates, and FREE Magento 1 migration from any hosting platform.
Why Should You Avail the Cloudways Services?
Our Magento 1 EOL services are for every Magento merchant who is still running their ecommerce store on the (soon-to-be) outdated M1 platform. Every store owner running and managing Magento 1 store will need to invest in keeping their store secure and up-to-date.
Why Should You Migrate From M1 to M2?
This is indeed one of the trending questions within the Magento community. Besides the fact of the Magento 1 EOL, there are other convincing reasons to migrate from M1 to M2.
Magento 2 delivers a modern, scalable ecommerce solution for businesses of all sizes. It is very developer-friendly with a reputation for unmatched flexibility and customization.
One of the most amazing things about Magento 2 is that it can process more orders per hour with faster response times. As a result, customers have a stress-free experience at the store.
By staying with Magento 1, you not only risk customer data but also lose your competitive edge because of the missing M2 features that are rapidly becoming the expectation of online shoppers.
Magento 2 Features That Are Worth Migrating For
Now that Adobe and Magento are working together, the community can expect to see great integrations with popular marketing and sales platforms. The new Magento versions come with versatile features and better architecture for ecommerce businesses.
- With Full Page Cache, you can narrow down the page load time to just two seconds from 12 seconds without caching.
- Streamlined and faster checkout reduces the chances of shopping cart abandonment.
- Updated technology stack including PHP 7, MySQL, Varnish, HTML5, CSS3, RequireJS, and Knockout.js.
- Magento 2 offers mobile-optimized layouts, a huge plus given the increasing number of requests generated from mobile devices.
- Payment methods are more secure in Magento 2 along with critical integrations such as PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, Klarna, and others.
- Elasticsearch is available for Magento Open Source.
- Increased productivity as a result of full customization of the admin panel for quick access to information.
- The Magento Functional Testing Framework improves testing capabilities, logging, and debugging.
- Database split feature boosts scalability and helps high-load projects improve performance
- Rich content features with a new WYSIWYG Page Builder
- Magento PWA Studio allows developers to create ultra-fast storefronts.
I hope now you have a better idea of the challenges in staying with Magento 1 and how Cloudways helps you with Magento 1 EOL and Magento 2 migration.
The best choice is to migrate to Magento 2. It is secure and has more features, and Adobe is continuing to improve the integrations and feature-set.
Best of luck!
Start Creating Web Apps on Managed Cloud Servers NowEasy Web App Deployment for Agencies, Developers and E-Commerce Industry.
Fayyaz, a passionate Motorbike tourist, works as a Team Lead — Magento Community at Cloudways - A Managed Magento Hosting Platform. His objective is to learn & share about PHP & Magento Development in Community. You can contact him at [email protected]