You may have shopped online many times, chose from hundreds of products and paid using your credit card. If you are familiar enough, you have reasons behind opinions like preferring Amazon over eBay. But have you ever imagined, from where all these products, different pricing, different colors, and sizes are coming from? More importantly, how are all these things are getting managed?
People usually create online shops and marketplaces to do businesses like that, then they grow. This industry has boomed because of the low cost of launching and ease of maintenance. It is so easy that even you could start your own version of Amazon or eBay right away.
If you are interested in building marketplaces, then there is a reward waiting at the end of this post.
Let’s describe the system behind it a little bit. An online marketplace is essentially an ecommerce platform often created by an individual or an organization, where multiple third parties come together to publish products and services for the purpose of selling. Online shopping has grown exponentially over the last decade due to the convenience, simplicity, and ease it provides.
Creating an Online Marketplace
It is a booming industry, hence there is an easy chance of earning in multiple ways. Plus, you can even launch it for free!
If you think deeper, imagine how many brands you will be able to host and how many vendors will be in the business relationship with you. You will grow in the network and also move up in recognition besides the profit. It is also much more cost effective than running a physical store.
You might think it would be painstaking to build an online marketplace all by self. But I am going to introduce you to a free solution, which you could use to build your dream marketplace. Meet Dokan Multivendor!
Build a Marketplace with Dokan
Dokan is proven as one of the best multivendor ecommerce plugins out there. With Dokan, you are assured to have the best WordPress marketplace that doesn’t require you much effort or cost at all!
All you need to build your online marketplace with Dokan is:
- A Hosting (Cloudways) and a Domain Name
- WordPress (Free)
- WooCommerce Plugin (Free)
- Dokan Multivendor Plugin (Free or Pro)
The installation and configuration take only about 10 minutes. Our experience was really easy with the plugin, because it had a guided setup that removed any confusion we could have.
Dokan comes with a range of extensions that enhances its core capabilities for different types of industries. You can pick any of them depending on your needs and give a new dimension to your marketplace.
For example, seller verification is an extension that lets you check the authenticity of your sellers by obtaining their social profiles, phones, and photo verification. Dokan Simple Auctions allows vendors create stores of auction-able products so they can create their own versions of eBay. Dokan Subscriptions charges your vendors with product limit. Check all the extensions for Dokan.
Benefits You Get Using Dokan
- The most powerful frontend interface ensures your site integrity
- Fully customizable and compatible with many themes
- Professional and customizable storefront for each vendor
- Low maintenance for the admin & vendors manage everything from dashboard
- Guided Setup makes launching and configuration easy
- Over 100 payment gateways makes global payments easy
- Supports WPML and 17+ language translations for customers around the world
- Meaningful sales statistics and marketplace insights
- Way ahead in features & stability than other solutions
Dokan Solves Real Life Problems That Bothers Entrepreneurs
Dokan solves all sorts of ecommerce related issues that owners tend to face. Dokan has been developed keeping in mind these commonly faced problems so that the end-user gets the best experience.
Making It Easy to Start
Whenever you have a business idea, Dokan does not hold any barrier between you and your dream. Creating and managing a marketplace become so easy that most of the market owners in our knowledge are not IT experts and they operate alone without any help. Also, Dokan is free and full of rich features. Anyone can use Dokan to create their own eBay like marketplace for free and earn through commissions without holding back on style and features.
Ensuring Site Security
Allowing backend access to admins and only frontend for vendors ensures your site’s security. The backend of any site is not always easy to use for regular people and it also gives access to other settings related to your site. Someone could just simply destroy your site and steal your money. To tighten the security of your store, follow 13 security tips for WooCommerce stores.
Saving Your Time
We want you to have as much free time you want, because most entrepreneurs are too busy just to manage their business. Which is why, Dokan’s frontend is designed is such a way that the vendors can easily manage everything. The only time you need to intervene is when issuing refunds and permitting certain products. This is so that your marketplace retains its quality, reliability, and avoids spams.
Your Earning Never Stops
Since there is no limit of vendors, you get to earn commissions from each sale or selected types. Thus you are never at loss with your marketplace. You can also earn more from hot selling products, favourite vendor or launch discount campaigns on special occasions to boost sales.
Reduce Maintenance Cost
Since vendors self-manage, your maintenance costs are lower. Dokan owners usually do not require separate site owners to take care of their business. Since it is an open source, you can hire coding people to customize the plugin at a comparatively lower cost. Also, Dokan comes with a free theme that beats many paid themes. The extensions for Dokan are fairly priced considering the feats they perform.
Highlighting Some of the Problem Solving Features of Dokan
So how does Dokan solve ecommerce problems? Let’s get down to some specifics:
- Want to give your vendors enough options and opportunities, so they can give their full selling potentials? Dokan allows multiple product types allowing your vendors endless opportunities to sell simple, variable, downloadable, virtual product, subscription and bookable products.
- Imagine if your store interface and design were not user-friendly, attractive or even intuitive, will customers be attracted to your store? Not possibly. Dokan is incorporated with a user-friendly and rich frontend dashboard, allowing customers and vendors a seamless experience and easy ways to manage inventory, sales, orders, discounts and coupons. The plugin is loaded with stylish storefronts, so your vendors can make professional looks out of their business from the various design templates available.
- A vendor faces a lot of competition both from other stores within the marketplace, and from other online shopping platforms. To stay up to the par in the business, nothing is more important than gaining customer trust and having it publicized to potential customers. Dokan allows product and vendor reviews and ratings by customers. This increases brand value and user base as new customers trust word of mouth from old customers more than anything else.
- Want to empower your vendors so they can manage their stores on the go? Since Dokan is mobile-friendly, vendors can manage orders, see if an order is processed or pending, and even ship products to the billing address.
- Imagine the hassle a vendor who is growing an international base of customers would face if he didn’t have a seamless way that allows the calculation of global shipping rates. With Dokan, vendors can set global shipping for each store and also override shipping rates from products directly from their frontend dashboard.
- What could be the better way to promote one’s store than having it visible in search engines? Dokan lets vendors manage SEO for their store page. They can write custom SEO meta, store permalink and description right from their frontend dashboard.
- Think about the number of audience and potential customers your vendors could reach if they had the right tools to promote their business. Dokan gives vendors the option to add their social profiles from Twitter, Facebook etc. and also link their Facebook stores into their store profile helping them make cross sales.
- But even after you have established your store for your regular customers, you definitely need to make your new customers happy too. For that you have coupons management function integrated in Dokan that will allow your vendors to create discount coupons for special sales. This necessary feature promotes businesses and stores to old customers as well as attract new ones.
A Grand Offer for Cloudways Users!
Dokan is offering a special coupon discount for all Cloudways users. The coupon will always be valid for all Cloudways users. That’s right! However, you can only use it once. So why wait? Choose a plan for Dokan, and enter the coupon code CLOUDWAYS to get 20% discount on the best multivendor ecommerce website solution.
Not only this, we (Cloudways) also offers a $15 FREE hosting credit to Dokan customers. Sign up on Cloudways by using the coupon code: WEDEVS
Start Growing with Cloudways Today.
Our Clients Love us because we never compromise on these