Cloudways is excited to announce we are a Siam sponsor of WordCamp Asia 2023! The WordPress community has been buzzing for months with the news that WordCamp Asia would finally take place. On the map for the past few years, the event was sidelined by a pandemic and the new normal.
The first official WordCamp Asia will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, on February 17-19th, 2023. Over 1,000 global WordPress community members will descend on ICONSIAM, a mixed-use development on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, Thailand. The space includes a large shopping mall, restaurants, and the event hotel.
Cloudways at WordCamp Asia 2023
As a company born in Asia, we are excited to be a lead sponsor of the event and are even more excited to meet with the Asian WordPress community. Our global WordPress Team will be on hand with booth talks, giveaways, contests, and more. We can’t wait to share our latest innovations and discuss your WordPress challenges and success with Cloudways.
Meet the Team
Cloudways Special Event at WordCamp Asia
Following our highly successful Get Jazzed for WordCamp EU evening, we are following up in Bangkok with Jazz in the Clouds. Located high-atop the Hilton Hotel on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Cloudways will celebrate the WordPress naming convention with a jazzy networking party.
WordCamp Asia Interviews
Are you a happy customer of Cloudways, a high-profile agency, part of the WordPress Eco-System? We want to hear from you at WordCamp Asia. Sign up for our WordCamp Asia interviews and share your WordPress story.
WordCamp Asia 2023 Speakers
The speakers at WordCamp Asia 2023 are a diverse mix of the worldwide community with a focus on Asia. Here are a few names that stand out at the event:
- Matt Mullenweg – Co-Founder of WordPress
- Alain Sclesser – Maintainer of WP-CLI
- Allie Nimmons – Beedia Productions
- Angelina Jin – Head of Programs and Contributor Experience at Automattic.
- Bhavesh Radayia – DzineInteract
- Chakkrisn Talawat – SeedWebs
- Carole Olinger – Yoast, Culture & Recruitment Strategist
WordCamp Asia Sessions
With over 60 live sessions, there is a talk for every skill level of WordPress. Some of the sessions we are looking forward to include:
- Advanced Performance & Scalability for PHP Developers
- Writing for Your Audience: Learning the Art of User Intent Content
- Data-Based Decision Making for Small-Medium Web Development Teams
- A look at serverless WordPress
- Why WordPress Should Care About the Creator Economy
- Ten Minutes on Five for the Future: A commitment to WordPress and the Open Web
Preparing for WordCamp Asia
- Familiarize yourself with the schedule and plan out which sessions you want to attend.
- Research the speakers and their backgrounds to make the most of their presentations.
- Brush up on your knowledge of WordPress and any related topics that will be covered at the event.
- Network with other attendees by bringing business cards and engaging in conversations.
- Bring a laptop or tablet to take notes and actively participate in any workshops or hands-on sessions.
- Prepare any questions you might have for the speakers and/or other attendees.
- Bring comfortable shoes and clothing, as you will be on your feet for most of the day.
- Make sure you have the necessary chargers and power banks.
- Be prepared for jet lag, if you are traveling from other countries.
- Make sure you have all your travel documents, such as passport, visa, and tickets.
How to attend WordCamp Asia
Thanks to the new normal, you don’t have to hop on a plane to make it to WordCamp Asia. The event will be streamed online for those unable to make the show live.
If you do, follow some basic steps to avoid any stressful situations.
- Visit the WordCamp Asia website to check for upcoming events and to register for a ticket.
- Once you have registered and received your ticket, make sure to mark the dates in your calendar and set reminders.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking a flight and reserving a hotel room.
- Arrive at the event location on time and check in with the registration desk to receive your badge and any additional materials.
- Attend the sessions you have planned and engage in discussions and networking opportunities.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to meet and learn from other WordPress enthusiasts and experts in the field.
Have fun, learn new things and enjoy the event.
WordCamp Asia is February 17th – 19th 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand.
For more info visit: https://asia.wordcamp.org/2023/