Creating an email campaign from scratch might appear intimidating, especially if you are new to email marketing and have not yet found the right tools to simplify the workflows. However, since email marketing has become an essential digital marketing activity, it is important that setting up email marketing campaigns for effective results should become your priority.
In this article, I will discuss MailChimp for WooCommerce and show you how you can easily integrate this email marketing tool within your workflows and automate your WooCommerce email marketing campaigns.
Let’s read on!
- Why Use MailChimp?
- Plugins for WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- MailChimp for WooCommerce by WooCommerce
- WooChimp – WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- YITH WooCommerce MailChimp
- WooCommerce MailChimp by Saint Systems
- MailChimp for WooCommerce by MailChimp
- WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- Installing WooCommerce MailChimp
- Wrapping Up!
Why Use MailChimp?
MailChimp is certainly one of the most popular email marketing tools available today. This popularity is mainly due to the very high usability and effectiveness of the campaigns powered by MailChimp. Suitable for WooCommerce stores, it allows you to create and automate email marketing campaigns for subscriber lists of all lengths with minimum risk of your email ending up in the Spam folder.
MailChimp is an all-in-one platform optimized for the simplicity and performance of the email campaigns. For marketers and WooCommerce store owners, it is a powerful platform that takes care of all the stages of email campaigns. In fact, MailChimp can potentially replace all the different tools that complicate (and in many cases, hinder) email marketing workflows.
As such, MailChimp is an ideal tool that saves a lot of time and effort that the store owner can dedicate to more productive pursuits. So, if you wish to integrate MailChimp with your WooCommerce store as a plugin, this article is for you.
Plugins for WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
Here are the must-have WooCommerce plugins for MailChimp that can help you automate your email marketing campaigns.
- MailChimp for WooCommerce by WooCommerce (Free)
- WooChimp – WooCommerce MailChimp Integration (Premium)
- YITH WooCommerce MailChimp (Freemium)
- WooCommerce MailChimp by Saint Systems (Freemium)
- MailChimp for WooCommerce by MailChimp (Free)
A bit more detail about these plugins would help you understand why I have included them in the list:
MailChimp for WooCommerce by WooCommerce
This plugin is by WooCommerce is both easy to use and integrate with the WooCommerce stores. It allows you to set up and automate email campaigns. This plugin has a simple pop-up form that can be embedded in web pages to persuade visitors to become subscribers.
- It is free and easy to use
- Add discount code in your WooCommerce email campaigns
- Grow your audience by driving traffic from Facebook and Instagram to landing pages
WooChimp is an ideal solution for integrating MailChimp in your WooCommerce stores. The plugin simplifies and automates the process of gathering customer purchase data to create targeted customer segments in MailChimp.
- Create brand-based marketing campaigns for top-selling items
- Use sign-up widgets and shortcodes
- MailChimp eCommerce support available
- MailChimp webhook support available
- Skip customers who have unsubscribed from your mailing lists
YITH WooCommerce MailChimp
YITH WooCommerce MailChimp is a freemium plugin that comes with a host of features for optimizing MailChimp integration with WooCommerce. The premium version of this plugin comes with several advanced features that extend the conventional email marketing capabilities of the WooCommerce platform.
- Send a welcome email to new subscribers
- Use shortcodes and widgets for optimal usage
- Select groups and lists for newly registered users
- Export the list of your subscribers to third-party platforms
- Customize email campaigns according to store marketing requirement
WooCommerce MailChimp by Saint Systems
This flexible plugin for WooCommerce has more than 20,000 active installations. This freemium plugin is a great addition to WooCommerce marketing because of the many features in the paid version.
- Simple and easy to use
- Presents several subscription points such as order creation, order processing, and order fulfillment
While all these plugins are great for email marketing for WooCommerce stores, for the purpose of this article, I am using WooCommerce MailChimp by MailChimp.
For starters, WooCommerce MailChimp helps you bring some order to your email marketing campaigns. With MailChimp, you can create and send newsletters to your customers, manage your subscriber lists, create targeted ecommerce email automation, generate custom product recommendations, send abandoned cart emails, track the performance of your campaigns, and simplify the overall process of setting up email drips.
With its intuitive interface, WooCommerce MailChimp assists you in creating rich emails, analyzing their performance and automate campaigns according to the behavior of your subscribers.
Features of WooCommerce MailChimp
- Customers can subscribe after order creation, processing, & completion
- Control the label displayed next to the opt-in checkbox
- Control whether the opt-in checkbox is checked or unchecked by default
- Control the placement of the opt-in checkbox on the checkout page
- Set one or several interest groups to add users to based on the selected MailChimp list
Some Good Reasons to Use MailChimp
- Customization: Pick from dozens of default templates or create a custom template that’s right for you.
- Targeting: Segment the recipients and subscribers into groups according to location, activity, and commitment.
- Analytics: Monitor the performance of campaigns with MailChimp advanced reporting tools (interactive charts, click cards, opening rates, unsubscriptions, etc.).
- Social: Connect MailChimp to your Twitter and Facebook accounts to automatically connect your campaigns to these networks.
MailChimp for WooCommerce Multisite
MailChimp works great with WordPress Multisite and the process of integrating the plugin with a multisite setup is simple and quick. Once the plugin is active, it works very well at managing email campaigns for multisite setups.
WooCommerce MailChimp Requirements
Before installing this plugin, you need to make sure that you have at least PHP 5.6 (PHP 7.0+ Recommended), WordPress 4.7.0+ and WooCommerce 3.5.0+.
Do you want to launch your online WooCommerce store?
Try Cloudways for faster performance, managed security, and 24/7 support.
WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
Step 1: Sign up for MailChimp
Go to MailChimp official website and click ‘Sign Up Free‘ to create a new account.
Next, enter your Email, Username, and Password and click the ‘Get Started!‘ button.
Next, you will be asked to verify your email address and activate your account.
Check your email and open the email you received from MailChimp. Open it and click the ‘Activate Account‘ button.
Next, you will be asked to confirm that you are a human. Click the I’m Not A Robot button to confirm.
Step 2: Welcome to MailChimp
Enter your First Name and Last Name and click the Continue button.
Next, enter your Business Name and Website URL and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
Now add your full business address (including city, region, ZIP code, country) and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
If you have an email subscribers list, select ‘Yes‘ and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
If you want to add the social profiles (such as Facebook and Twitter) of your business, click the ‘+‘ button and enter the details. If not, simply click the ‘Continue‘ button.
Now click ‘Ok, Let’s Do It‘ button to finalize the process.
Next, you’ll be asked several questions about your business. You just need to click ‘Yes or No‘.
Do you sell things online?
Do you support bookings, ticket sales, or appointments online?
Do you want customers to interact directly with a person? (This could be on the phone, online, or at a location.)
Do you make money off the content on your site?
Do your customers interact with your business mostly through your software or app’s interface?
Choose: Which statement best represents your organization’s primary goal and/or source of revenue?
Next, click the ‘Continue‘ button.
That’s it! Now click the Start Using MailChimp button.
Step 3: Create a List of MailChimp
Go to MailChimp Dashboard and click ‘Lists‘ in the top-left menu bar.
Click the ‘Create List‘ button in the ‘Lists‘ tab.
Next, Fill out the required details in the Lists form, and click the ‘Save‘ button.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your first email list.
Now, let’s move to the WooCommerce MailChimp plugin installation process.
How to Install WooCommerce MailChimp?
To install WooCommerce MailChimp plugin, go to your WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New and search for WooCommerce MailChimp from the search bar. Install and Activate the plugin.
After successful activation, you will be redirected to the API Information screen, where you need to add your API key.
Next, go back to your MailChimp Dashboard, and click ‘Profile‘ in the top-left menu bar.
Navigate to Extras → API keys.
Click the ‘Create A Key‘ button to generate an API key.
As you can see, the API key has been generated successfully.
Copy the API key from your MailChimp account and paste it in the WooCommerce MailChimp API text area, and click the ‘Save all changes’ button’.
Next, you will see an additional tab, ‘Store Settings‘. Here you need to fill the additional details such as name, email, etc. Finally, click the ‘Save’ button.
Next, go to the next tab, ‘List Settings’, where you need to choose the list you created previously to sync with your store.
Finally, click the ‘Save’ button and the Sync and Logs tabs will appear automatically.
Now, go to your WooCommerce store checkout page. There, you will notice that the ‘Subscribe to our newsletter‘ checkbox is selected by default.
That’s all for the WooCommerce MailChimp installation process.
WooCommerce MailChimp plugin provides simple and flexible MailChimp integration for WooCommerce store. I highly recommend you install this plugin at your WooCommerce stores and start multiplying sales through new subscribers.
If you still have any queries or comments related to this article, feel free to ask via the comment section below.
Your WooCommerce Store Needs A Reliable Host
With no compromise on Performance, Security & Support.
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at email@example.com