Strip down any website to its absolute core and you will find an idea; an idea of a medium that allows brands and their consumers to communicate with each other. But if the communication between a service provider and a potential client isn’t swift and satisfactory, then it defeats the whole purpose.
If you’re running a WordPress website, contact form plugins can prove to be very useful when it comes to addressing that particular concern. WordPress contact forms make it much simpler and easier for your customers to get in touch with you, and creating one isn’t that hard either. With WordPress, all you’re going to need is a suitable plugin.
There is no shortage of contact form plugins out there. With 1625+ WordPress contact form plugins to choose from, the market truly presents us with an embarrassment of riches. But not all of these plugins are worth your time, or at least, equally worth. So, in order to save your time, we spent hours and came up with this article.
Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins in 2018
Here we are going to take a look at the best WordPress contact form plugins on the market and highlights their pros and cons.
1. Contact Form 7
The oldest and most downloaded Contact Form 7 plugin in the official WordPress plugin directory has over three millions active installs to boast of. WordPress Contact Form 7 comes equipped with a ready-made form making it extremely beginner-friendly. Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, and Akismet spam filtering is all supported by the form. If a basic contact form with plenty of field options is what you’re after! Contact Form 7 just may be the perfect choice for you.
- Contact Form 7 is totally free and you can install it on an unlimited number of sites. There is a bunch of free third-party plugins that act as add-on plugins for Contact Form 7.
- The plugin comes with the ability to manage multiple contact forms.
- It allows you to flexibly customize the form and the email contents with simple markup.
- The plugin also offers a wide variety of form field options such as checkboxes, drop-down menus, reCAPTCHA, radio buttons, and more.
- Finding add-ons to extend the functionality of the base plugin may end up taking some time due to the lack of an add-ons directory on the official plugin website.
- The latest releases have had to deal with some bugs.
2. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin for WordPress that is packed with a variety of features. The capability of this plugin goes far beyond just contact form functionality. The plugin can be used to create subscription forms, surveys, or virtually anything else that can be done through a web form. The ability to create highly interactive forms with minimum effort makes Ninja Forms one of the most popular choices on the market.
- You can download and install the base plugin of Ninja Forms on as many sites as you want completely free of charge.
- The premium version will unlock additional customization options for you including the ability to send out specific email notifications once forms are submitted.
- Google reCAPTCHA, question/response fields, and honeypot fields are some of the available anti-spam options.
- Beginners may find the user interface to be a little confusing due to its highly customizable nature.
- According to several users, their support system leaves a lot to be desired.
WPForms has been able to pull off the trick of having a bunch of features and a nice and simple user interface at the same time. The free version, WPForms Lite, comes with limited functionality. However, the premium version is loaded with useful features such as smart conditional logic, the ability to collect payments, better spam protection, and more. If you’re willing to spend some extra bucks for a plugin that’s easy to use and doesn’t require any coding skills, then you can consider WPForms.
- WPForms automatically blocks spam submissions.
- This plugin is great for sales, donations as it includes online payments via PayPal.
- Dozens of pre-built templates also allow for speeding things up.
- WPForms look great on all kinds of devices be it a mobile, tablet, laptop or a desktop since it’s a 100% mobile responsive contact form solution.
- You can always turn to email support if you face any issues. Documentation and guides are also available.
- In the pursuit of making WPForms as user-friendly as possible, some of the more complex features that some other form plugins offer have not been included on this one.
- The lite version has extremely limited functionality and the premium version may seem expensive to many.
Team Themeisle has created a nice and user-friendly WordPress contact form plugin called PiratesForms. It comes with an easy interface that does a commendable job of creating simple contact forms. You can use the [pirate_forms] shortcode or use the WordPress contact form widget to create a contact form. Pirate Forms also has a very impressive and meticulous customizing ability that makes it even more appealing.
- Basic features that you need to create a simple contact form such as CAPTCHA and SMTP can all be found on Pirate Forms.
- The premium version offers time-saving features like the ability to create multiple forms, MailChimp integration, and custom fields.
- Provides contact databases store all the contacts in an archive by saving e-mail addresses.
- Comparing to other top-notch form plugins, it offers a very limited number of add-ons.
- Due to the plugin being focused on simple contact forms, some advanced functionalities such as subscription forms, payment integrations that other plugins offer are missing on this one.
weForms is the newest addition to the contact form market. It is developed by weDevs, the company that created popular plugins like Dokan, WP User Frontend, WP Project Manager, WP ERP and so on. It is a fast and user-friendly form builder that aims to resolve many issues faced by current users.
- The free version offers a host of useful and advanced features that are not available with the existing alternatives.
- All the data and settings from contact form can be migrated easily to weForms.
- It comes with four cost efficient pro packages.
- All actions are performed within a single page, so creating forms feels super fast.
- It comes with the strong front-end framework and features of WP User Frontend.
- It is still in advanced development phase, so few of the integrations seem incomplete.
6. Gravity Forms
On the list of best contact form plugins for WordPress, I could not overlook Gravity Forms. The plugin is paid with no free version. But this should be not an issue for users who are willing to spend on a quality contact form with a great feature set.
Gravity Forms is very well integrated into the WordPress editor and drag-and-drop builder. The basic functions are powerful enough to take care of almost all your contact form creation needs. If you need a more powerful set of features, you can opt for the Basic License that starts from $59/year.
- Gravity Forms allows you to create forms with drag-and-drop controls with significantly more features than most form plugins.
- With add-ons in Pro and Elite License, you can accept payments and coupons directly into your forms.
- Gravity Forms does not have a free version, so it can be a little expensive compared to other WordPress contact form plugins. However, if you’re using it on multiple websites and projects, the cost should not be a big deal.
7. Formidable Forms
It is an excellent contact form plugin for WordPress websites. Compared to Contact Form 7, you can see two very clear differences. The first is that in Formidable Forms, the interface is ergonomic. The second difference is the fact that messages will be stored directly on your website.
Formidable Forms is a freemium plugin. You can use the free version, but if you need additional features, you can switch to the paid version. For $49/year, you will get Personal License with one year of updates, standard support, all Formidable Pro features for a single website.
With the paid version, you can access more form-level fields, sections and the ability to send attachments. You especially have access to two essential functions, the ability to manage newsletters and payments with integrated add-ons.
- With the paid version, you can create multiple-page forms that allow users to browse lists to find the desired options.
- With premium add-ons, you can automatically enter location data, create multilingual forms, accept payments, etc.
- The translation of Formidable Forms is a bit sloppy.
- The plugin is not as mature as Gravity Forms and according to several experts suffers from “youthful” mistakes. However, the development and support teams are very active and highly respondent.
Jetpack is not exactly a plugin created to generate forms. In fact, it is much more than a simple plugin as it contains a series of tools that offer you content-focused widgets, social media integration tool, traffic analysis and statistics reporting, and a CSS editor.
If you have already installed Jet Pack, you do not need to install other plugins to generate simple forms, since Jetpack contains a form module that offers a series of fields and allows you to add lists, buttons and drop-down menus.
Jetpack is one of the most popular plugins out there with a huge user base. But are the Jetpack forms worth all the hassle? Let’s see the pros and cons!
- Developed by Automattic, users have the assurance that it will work perfectly within the WordPress ecosystem.
- Jetpack is already installed and activated on many WordPress websites.
- And of course, it’s free!
- The possibilities of customization are very limited: the “basic” aspect of the plugin is clearly assumed and it is generally enough for many users.
- Since Jetpack has many functions, we can say that the plugin is average in all areas. In any case, it does not excel in contact forms.
9. Everest Forms
A beautiful contact page attracts and encourages all visitors to leave a message and this is what Everest Forms does best. With this plugin, building the contact form is easy, thanks to intuitive fields and drag-and-drop functionality. You can choose between two equally beautiful templates.
Given the number of options it offers, experts suggest taking a look at the demo. It’s a freemium plugin that comes in Free and Pro versions. The Pro version comes with nine advanced fields, multi-part forms, PDF form submission, payment collection, and Google reCaptcha support.
- The quality of the plugin features in the Fess version is quite comparable to that of the paid version of other similar plugins.
- It has a user-friendly and simple interface, so even beginners can easily create contact forms on their websites.
- Everest Forms is the new kid on the block! It is still difficult to predict the availability and support of the plugin features.
The last plugin I wish to mention in this list of best contact form plugins for WordPress is FormCraft. It is a free plugin that you can download and install directly from the WordPress plugin repository. The big highlight of the plugin is its ergonomics.
It’s a bit special because you can buy the premium version directly from the CodeCanyon Marketplace. You can follow your statistics and even connect your form with a newsletter option, create interactions, payments, etc.
The features of the plugin are a great fit for the requirements of many WordPress users. You can create forms that fit almost every website requirements with ease.
- An innovative interface that stands out from other plugins on the market.
- The Premium version remains highly rated on CodeCanyon (4.47/5) and has generated more than 15K sales.
- The free version quickly shows its limits and the transition to Premium is almost inevitable for loyal users.
- The backend is not responsive. Moreover, if you do not adjust the size of your forms in % (rather than in px), it will not be responsive on the frontend of the website.
- Email notifications are minimal.
It is no brainer that you should use contact forms in your site for effective user engagement. All the WordPress plugins we have discussed here can help you out with that. Which one is the best option for you ultimately depends on your needs and budget. There was a time when opting for a free plugin meant compromising on features and functionalities. But with this WordPress contact form plugins, now the users can afford to be pickier and more hassle-free than before.
Passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, and marketing, Mansoor Ahmed Khan is in computing since he knows how to type on a keyboard. His daily life is rocked by his family, projects, and his screen. Probably in this order, he likes to be convinced at least.
Be the first to check out WordPress 5.0
Use our Staging feature before upgrading your website to WordPress 5.0.