Good businesses become great when they keep their customers and the general audience in the loop. Contact forms are a time-tested and very simple way of allowing every visitor to contact you and deliver their question or opinion.
If you’re running a WordPress website, WordPress contact forms are an essential component of your website. In fact, many themes now come with an integrated contact form that provides basic functionality. However, if you need to customize this form, you need to use a plugin that adds and customizes contact forms on your website.
There is no shortage of a WordPress plugin for contact form out there. With more than 1600+ plugins to choose from, the real challenge for many site owners is to pick a plugin that works without any conflicts and is really easy to use. As you know not all of these plugins are worth your time. So, in order to save yours, I spent hours and came up with this list of WordPress contact form plugins that highlights the pros and cons of the plugins so that you can make an informed decision.
|Contact Form 7||4/5||5,000,000+|
|Ultimate Form Builder Lite||4.5/5||30,000+|
1. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is perhaps the oldest and most downloaded contact form plugin (over three million active installs) in the official WordPress plugin directory. Out of the box, the plugin offers a simple form with AJAX powered submitting, CAPTCHA, and Akismet spam filtering capabilities. If a basic contact form with plenty of field options is what you’re after Contact Form 7 is a perfect choice.
- Contact Form 7 is totally free and you can install it on an unlimited number of sites.
- Contact Form 7 has several third-party plugins that extend the functionality of the plugin forms.
- The plugin can manage multiple contact forms.
- Fully customize the form and the email contents with simple markup.
- Use a wide variety of form field options including checkboxes, dropdown menus, reCAPTCHA, radio buttons, and more.
- Finding add-ons to extend the functionality of the base plugin may end up taking more time than you could spare.
2. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium WordPress contact form plugin with a range of industry-standard features. The plugin goes far beyond just contact forms and can be used to create subscription forms, surveys, and virtually anything else that requires a web form. The ability to create highly interactive forms with minimum effort makes Ninja Forms one of the most popular choices on the market.
- You can download and install the base plugin of Ninja Forms on as many sites as you want, completely free of charge.
- The premium version will unlock additional customization options including the ability to send out specific email notifications once forms are submitted.
- Available anti-spam options include Google reCAPTCHA, question/response fields, and honeypot fields.
- Beginners may find the user interface a little confusing because of the many options.
- According to several users, their support leaves a lot to be desired.
Back in late 2018, WPForms acquired Pirate Forms, one of the popular WordPress contact form plugin of the day. Today, WP Forms offers a bunch of features to simplify form creation for WordPress websites.
The free version, WPForms Lite, comes with limited functionality. However, the premium version is loaded with useful features such as smart conditional logic, the ability to collect payments, better spam protection, and more. If you’re willing to spend extra bucks for a plugin that’s easy to use and doesn’t require you to write code, you should consider WPForms.
- WPForms automatically blocks spam submissions.
- This plugin is great for sales, donations as it helps accept online payments at your websites via PayPal.
- Dozens of pre-built templates speed up the process of setting up WordPress contact forms.
- WPForms look great on all devices because of its great responsive design.
- You can always turn to email support if you face any issues. Documentation and guides are also available.
- In the pursuit of making WPForms as user-friendly as possible, some of the more complex WordPress contacts forms plugins features are not available.
- The lite version has extremely limited functionality, and the premium version may be expensive for several users.
4. Form Maker by 10Web
Form Maker is a versatile WordPress contact form plugin that allows easy HTML level customizations to fit the form to your requirements. Other form creation options include CAPTCHA, mandatory fields, multiple-choice fields, date selection fields, integration of multiple payment gateways, Google Maps integration, questionnaires using Survey Tools, and much more.
Like Contact Form 7, this plugin is also very popular and offers a solid and flexible solution to all your requirements of WordPress contact forms.
- You can create high-performing contact forms with multiple form fields.
- It offers four different form options: Embedded, Pop-Up, Scroll-box, and Top-bar.
- This plugin comes with five pre-built templates and 15 customizable contact form
- The built-in custom CSS editor allows you to edit forms for additional styling features.
- This plugin can be difficult to use for beginners who have limited knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- The free version is limited to 7 different form fields.
weForms is the newest addition to the contact form scene. It is developed by weDevs, the company that created popular plugins like Dokan, WP User Frontend, WP Project Manager, WP ERP and so on. It is a fast and user-friendly WordPress contact form builder that aims to resolve any issues that users encounter using the available options.
- The free version offers a host of useful and advanced features that are not offered by other similar plugins.
- All the data and settings from a contact form can be migrated easily to weForms.
- It comes with four cost-efficient pro packages.
- All actions are performed within a single page, so creating forms feels super-fast.
- The plugin frontend is powered by WP User Frontend.
- It is still in the advanced development phase and several features might not work as expected.
6. Gravity Forms
When compiling the list of best contact form plugins for WordPress, I could not overlook Gravity Forms. But this should be not an issue for users who are willing to spend on a quality contact form with a great feature set.
Gravity Forms is very well integrated into the WordPress editor and drag-and-drop builders. The basic functions are powerful enough to take care of almost all your contact form creation needs. If you need a more powerful set of features, you can opt for the Basic License that starts from $59/year.
- Gravity Forms allows you to create forms with drag-and-drop controls with significantly more features than most form plugins.
- With add-ons in Pro and Elite License, you can accept payments and coupons directly from your forms.
- Gravity Forms does not have a free version, so it can be a little expensive compared to other WordPress contact form plugins. However, if you’re using it on multiple websites and projects, the cost should not be a big deal.
7. Formidable Forms
It is an excellent contact form plugin for WordPress websites. When compared to Contact Form 7, you can see two very clear differences. The first is that in Formidable Forms, the interface is ergonomic. The second difference is the fact that messages will be stored directly on your website.
Formidable Forms is a freemium plugin. You can use the free version, but if you need additional features, you can switch to the paid version. For $49/year, you will get Personal License with one year of updates, standard support, all Formidable Pro features for a single website.
With the paid version, you can access more form-level fields, sections and the ability to send attachments. You especially have access to two essential functions, the ability to manage newsletters and payments with integrated add-ons.
- With the paid version, you can create multiple-page forms that allow users to browse lists to find the desired options.
- With premium add-ons, you can automatically enter location data, create multilingual forms, accept payments, etc.
- The translation of Formidable Forms is a bit sloppy.
- The plugin is not as mature as Gravity Forms and according to several experts suffers from “youthful” mistakes. However, the development and support teams are very active and highly responsive.
Jetpack is not exactly a WordPress contact us form plugin. In fact, it is much more than a simple plugin as it contains a set of tools that offer content-focused widgets, social media integration, traffic analysis & statistics reporting, and a CSS editor.
If you have already installed Jet Pack, you do not need to install a separate plugin to generate simple forms, since Jetpack contains a form module that offers a series of fields and allows you to add lists, buttons and drop-down menus.
Jetpack is one of the most popular plugins out there with a huge user base. But are the Jetpack forms worth all the hassle? Let’s see the pros and cons!
- Developed by Automattic, users have the assurance that it will work perfectly within the WordPress ecosystem.
- Jetpack is already installed and activate on many WordPress websites.
- And of course, it’s free!
- The possibilities of form customization are very limited: the “basic” aspect of the plugin is clearly assumed and it is generally not enough for pro-level many users.
- Since Jetpack has many functions, the plugin is not a star performer in any particular area.
9. Everest Forms
A beautiful contact page attracts and encourages all visitors to leave a message and this is what Everest Forms does best. With this plugin, building the contact form is easy, thanks to intuitive fields and drag-and-drop functionality. You can choose between two equally beautiful templates.
Since the plugin offers a host of features, experts suggest taking a look at the demo. It’s a freemium plugin that comes in Free and Pro versions. The Pro version comes with nine advanced fields, multi-part forms, PDF form submission, payment collection, and Google reCAPTCHA support.
- The quality of the plugin features in the Fess version is quite comparable to that of the paid version of other similar plugins.
- It has a user-friendly and simple interface, so even beginners can easily create contact forms on their websites.
- Everest Forms is the new kid on the block! It is still difficult to predict the availability and support of the plugin features.
10. Ultimate Form Builder Lite
If you are looking for a highly rated WordPress form builder plugin to create responsive contact forms – Ultimate Form Builder Lite is one of them. It comes 6 pre-designed templates to build the contact form that perfectly matches the overall design of your website. Additionally, you can simply drag and drop form inbuilt form fields to design unlimited contact forms without touching a single line of codes.
- A preview of the form can be fetched before making it live on your website.
- A separate database is included in the plugin to store all the form entries.
- The plugin contains inbuilt captcha system for spam prevention.
- The premium version of the plugin is a one-time purchase. Some you don’t have to renew your license and will
- get free updates for lifetime.
- The free version is limited to 10 different form fields.
It is no brainer that you should use contact forms on your site for effective user engagement. All the best WordPress plugins we have discussed here can help you out with that. Which one is the best option for you ultimately depends on your needs and budget. There was a time when opting for a free plugin meant compromising on features and functionalities. But with these WordPress contact form plugins, now the users can afford to be pickier and more hassle-free than before.
Start Growing with Cloudways Today!
We never compromise on performance, security, and support.
Passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, and marketing, Mansoor Ahmed Khan is in computing since he knows how to type on a keyboard. His daily life is rocked by his family, projects, and his screen. Probably in this order, he likes to be convinced at least.