Right now, WooCommerce powers 2.1 million active sites, making it as one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world with more than 3.1 million downloads. At the moment, more than 40% of the online shops use WooCommerce as its primary ecommerce platform
WooCommerce offers all management, performance evaluation, inventory management, and storefront management that are essential for a successful online store. However, in order to extract the maximum out of WooCommerce, it is always important to use a managed cloud hosting because these hosting solutions take care of all the WooCommerce hosting issues, leaving store owners focuses on business processes.
In this tutorial, I will migrate WooCommerce store from my existing hosting to Cloudways, a well-known managed WooCommerce hosting platform.
Note: My existing hosting is cPanel-based, with the URL http://mysamplesite.com
Let’s begin the migration process!
Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel (Existing Hosting)
1. Enter Username and Password
2. Click on Log In
Install Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
1. Go to Plugins
2. Click on Add New
3. Search Cloudways WordPress Migrator from plugins directory
4. Install Cloudways WordPress Migrator
5. Once the installation finishes, click on Activate
Configure Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
Go to Cloudways Migrate from the dashboard and enter the following details (all the details can be found from the Cloudways Platform).
Note: I’m assuming that you have already launched the server and installed WooCommerce on Cloudways. If not, here’s how to install WooCommerce on Cloudways.
1. Email (enter the email you used for signing up to Cloudways)
2. Destination Site URL (your Cloudways hosted WooCommerce site URL)
3. Application Folder Name (you can find folder name in Application Management > [WooCommerce App] > Application Settings)
4. SFTP Server Address (available under Server Management > Master Credentials)
5. SFTP Username (available under Server Management > Master Credentials)
6. SFTP Password (available under Server Management > Master Credentials)
Note: For a better understanding of the above terms, please refer to Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin KB.
Click on Migrate to initiate the migration process.
After successful migration, you will get the following message.
At this point, a copy of my existing WooCommerce store is now available on the Cloudways staging site with URL http://woocommerce-106351-xxxxxx.cloudwaysapps.com/
The plugin makes the migration process easy and hassle-free. At this point, I also have the opportunity to fix any issues with my existing WooCommerce store. The WooCommerce staging website is not live yet, and I could try out new themes and plugins, apply changes without affecting the live version.
Once I am ready to take the store live, the final step is to point the domain. In case of any difficulties in migrating WooCommerce stores, there is 24/7 live chat and support by WooCommerce cloud hosting experts.
Start Creating Web Apps on Managed Cloud Servers Now!
Easy Web App Deployment for Agencies, Developers and E-Commerce Industry