Cloudways is looking for a candidate who possesses strong writing, editing, and competitive research skills to join as Lead Content. This role focuses on managing the content team & processes. The lead content will be responsible for general upkeep of our content inventory, editorial, KPIs for content performance.
- Lead the content strategy and bring changes as per competitive research & timely audits
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business, customers, partners and subject matter experts
- Find stories and angles from within our community and audience to create & encourage writers to create inspiring content to be deployed across all of our channels
- Collaborate with marketing to engage our audience with innovative ideas
- Drive our SEO agenda through content development, web optimisation and partner relationships
- Obsess over metrics to evaluate content performance and suggest future strategy
- Look after content dashboards including editorial, content, deadlines etc.
- mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyse and present content performance KPIs to the management.
- Hire, onboard and train new writers in the team and create proper skill matrices and career ladder plans.
- Create new processes and SOP’s and update the old ones for smooth deliverability of outcomes.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- A minimum of 5+ years experience working as a content specialist for a technical product brand.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Experience of using Ahrefs, SEMRush, Clickflow.
- Demonstrates strong ideation, creative writing/copywriting and editing experience
- Proven experience in directly applying a communications strategy across web, digital advertising, sales collateral and blogs
- A highly creative and conceptual thinker
- The ability to work within a team and independently
- A can-do, hands-on approach
- A hunger to learn and lead
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- Passion and hunger for success and being part of a high growth company
- Ability to manage own workflow and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and discipline
Success will be measured across:
Back to Careers
- Rankings growth
- Traffic Growth
- Funnel Movements and CTR growth
- Content shareability in community
- Links Earned
- Singups and paid conversion growth from the blog
- Content engagement during key stages of the buyer journey