“We”/”Us”/”Our”/”Cloudways Ltd.” means Cloudways Ltd. (C 55975) of 52 Springvale Pope Pius XII Street, Mosta, Malta and/or any of its subsidiaries and/ or affiliates involved in providing the Services.
“You”/”Your”/”Yourself”/”User” means the user of the Website and/or customer of the Services.
“Services” means any services offered by Cloudways Ltd. on its Website including but not limited to cloud application deployment, management and infrastructure management – commonly referred to as the ‘Cloudways Platform’.
In using the Website and/or the Services, you agree as follows,
1) Acceptance of the Terms. Your continued access to or use of the Website and/or the Services constitutes your acceptance of our Terms of Service, of our Acceptable Use Policy, of our SLA and these Terms. Certain Services may require additional terms and conditions in which case your clicking of “I ACCEPT” buttons and/or other prompts and/or any other similar methods of acquiring your consent will constitute your acceptance of the said terms and conditions. Your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (as defined hereunder) by us in the manner specified below.
2) Cloudways Ltd. and the subsidiaries we own or control worldwide (collectively¸ “Cloudways”) respect your privacy. Any information you provide on the Website will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to (unless we may do so under any applicable law, including but not limited to the Maltese Data Protection Act [Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta].
The cloud or application credentials entered into the Services are used exclusively per your instructions throughout the process. These credentials are stored in encrypted form in the database and are not released to third parties¸ or transmitted across any network in unencrypted form.
Access to cloud computing instances
You authorize Cloudways Ltd. support staff to log into your cloud accounts¸ application¸ or over SSH protocol¸ to your computing instances as part of the Services and perform various configuration and maintenance tasks. This can be done when a) you require initial setup¸ b) you ask for support and c) when suspicious activity detected on your instance that may damage or interrupt the Services’ operations¸ data or instances of other ‘Cloudways’ clients.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. This definition includes information that can be directly associated with an individual (such as a name¸ an e-mail address¸ or a telephone number)¸ or information about activities directly linked to an individual (such as products and services he/she has used or purchased) hereinafter ‘Personal Data’.
You¸ or someone acting on your behalf¸ may provide Personal Data to us when you interact with us online and offline.
Furthermore¸ in the course of using the Services¸ you or someone else in your organization may provide us with information about your systems infrastructure and access to your systems infrastructure. In addition¸ Cloudways Ltd. may ‘self-discover’ this information by analyzing additional parts of your systems infrastructure that you did not explicitly input into the product. This information may include¸ but is not limited to:
- Names and IP addresses of servers
- Operating systems of servers
- Applications installed on servers
- Usernames and passwords of server and database administrators
- Usernames and passwords of application users
- Keys to systems infrastructure
- Performance of elements within the systems infrastructure
- Configuration information for elements within the systems infrastructure
- Operational logs of elements within the systems infrastructure
- Locations of files and databases within the infrastructure
How We Use Information We Collect
We use Personal Data to conduct business¸ provide information and support for products and services¸ better understand your needs and interests¸ refine and develop our business¸ improve services¸ personalize communications and ensure a quality experience for users of the Website and Services. For example¸ we may use your information to:
- Communicate¸ interact and build our relationship with you;
- Contact you with relevant promotions and information about Cloudways Ltd. and affiliated third-parties (Customers have a right to request not to receive direct marketing material by writing to us at the email address below);
- Process¸ fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products¸ services¸ support¸ training and information;
- Create and maintain an account and register products and services;
- Measure¸ analyze and improve our products and services¸ the effectiveness of our Website (and related websites)s¸ and our advertising and marketing;
- Personalize content and advertising;
- Help identify and communicate offers of products¸ programs and services that may be of interest to you;
- Send “refer-a-friend” email on your behalf with your consent;
- Comply with legal requirements; or
- Enforce our Terms of Service and our Acceptable Use Policy¸ and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal actives.
Links that we provide to third-party websites are clearly marked and we are not in any way responsible for the content of such websites. We suggest that users should read the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Cloudways Ltd. does not rent¸ sell¸ or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested¸ when we have your permission¸ or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Cloudways Ltd. under confidentiality agreements.
- We respond to subpoenas¸ court orders¸ or legal process¸ or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may collect and use Personal Data to send direct marketing material on our products, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you, to provide you with information that you request, to respond to feedback that you submit to the Site, to allow you to participate in any of our online surveys and competitions and generally to be able to correspond with you after we receive a request from you (including requests for correcting/updating any of your Personal Data). However, we do not send unsolicited mail, messages or junk mail. Customers have a right to request not to receive direct marketing material by writing to us at the email address below.
Data Protection and Encryption
All Personal Data¸ cloud and application credentials¸ public and private keys and passwords are stored in encrypted format¸ using strong cryptographic algorithms. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration¸ disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection¸ storage and processing practices and security measures¸ as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to Cloudways employees¸ contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate¸ develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline¸ including termination and criminal prosecution¸ if they fail to meet these obligations.
By its very nature, the Internet is not a secure medium and data sent via this medium can potentially be subject to unauthorised acts by third parties. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over our Website.
We shall accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of your data while in transit through the Internet.
Details of Data Controller:
Cloudways Ltd. (C 55975)
Pope Pius XII Street,