The Production Leadership Team for the Joomla! Project announced their latest update to the 3.x series: Joomla! 3.6. With the latest upgrade comes a number of improvements (a whopping 400 to be exact) and many new features that will help you administer your Joomla! websites with more ease and a better UX (User experience).
If you’re currently on Joomla! 3.5, the 3.6 version is not a migration, but only a one-click update. This update is also the seventh standard release of the Joomla! 3, which was the major update for popular CMS!
What’s Under the Limelight in the New Version?
Since there are around 400 new improvements in the new update, it would take forever to discuss them all. Hence, we have chosen the best highlights for you:
- UX Improvements will now let you search your modules faster, ease the overall management and perform tasks through dropdown etc.
- The update process has been revamped as well and users can now reinstall Joomla’s core files at the click of a button. You can also overwrite modified files and revert to default with the same ease of a one-click process.
- As frustrating as it was to create an item and realizing you haven’t created a category yet, the frustration is no more. The 3.6 update now lets you create categories on the fly whether they are for banners, contacts, newsfeed or articles.
- You can now nest XML forms within each other or even use existing ones inside current forms thanks to the new Sub Form Field Function that comes with added functionalities.
- ACL didn’t exist in the backend at the menu level before, but things have changed in Joomla! 3.6. You can now easily block or give access to specific menus to certain user groups through Menu type ACL.
- There’s a new option that lets you see what’s in your menus with the All Menu Items. This will give you a quick overview of the whereabouts of everything you have displayed on your website. So if there are any duplicate links or missing menu items etc, you can easily identify and locate them.
These are a fraction of all the improvements that ship with the new update, and if you fancy a run-through them all, visit the Joomla GitHub Repository.
If you want to update your Joomla! without waiting, click on the button inside the Control Panel to proceed.
Shahroze is a PHP Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed PHP Hosting Platform. He’s always in search of new frameworks and methods to implement them. Besides his coding life, he loves movies and playing soccer with friends. You can email him at email@example.com
Start Growing with Cloudways Today.
Our Clients Love us because we never compromise on these