DigitalOcean provides a simplified cloud web structure for software developers which is reliable, economical, and highly scalable. Launching and Setting up a DigitalOcean Magento server is a bit difficult, but in this guide, we will share the easy way to do it.
Launch Magento on DigitalOcean Using Cloudways
Cloudways offers you a 3-days trial on the DigitalOcean Magento server so that you can test your Magento online store and also become familiar with the interface. Sign up here to start your free trial.
Launch your Magento store by following these steps:
First, select the version of Magento you want to install from the drop-down menu as shown below:
Then give your server a name, application name, and project name.
Cloudways provides you multiple hosting infrastructure options. Select DigitalOcean from the given choices.
Select Server Size and Location
Select Server Size according to the traffic on your website. Also, you can choose the data center nearest to your location.
Now click on the LAUNCH NOW button, and your server will launch after a few minutes.
Steps for Manual Installation of DigitalOcean Magento Server
It’s not easy to host a Magento server on DigitalOcean directly. There are a lot of procedures to follow, and it takes a significant amount of time to deploy a DigitalOcean Magento server manually.
For manual installation, you need to first take care of some prerequisites like the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP) package and then configure them with your Magento installation. So for the latest version of your Magento installation on DigitalOcean, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Need a Linux operating system (Ubuntu/Debian)
- Install Apache Version 2.2 or 2.4
- Install PHP Version 7.3.x or 7.4.x
- Install MySQL Version 5.6.x, 5.7.x OR MariaDB (10.3)
- Install Composer
- Install Elasticsearch 7.6.x or higher
- Create Database
- Install Magento version
For LAMP package installation details, do refer to our guide How to Install LAMP on Debian Server and for Magento latest version installation details, follow this guide Install Magento 2 on localhost.
You can already see that these steps are quite difficult to follow. On the other hand, Cloudways lets you launch a server in just a few clicks. Even though DigitalOcean does offer a 2-click Magento installation, but you will still need to install the prerequisite packages.
Why Choose Cloudways to Host Magento on DigitalOcean?
The Cloudways platform enables you to host PHP-based apps like Magento on the DigitalOcean infrastructure on any of their data centers. Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform and provides a smooth web deployment platform for developers, designers, and agencies.
Cloudways provide an easy way to deploy a Magento store on DigitalOcean. Here are some other features of Cloudways that you should know about:
- Cloudways is hosted on servers powered by ThunderStack.
- The platform provides Dedicated IP addresses.
- It provides a streamlined and attractive user interface for controlling servers and applications.
- Provides unlimited staging URLs on a single server.
- Host unlimited websites on a single server for Magento.
- Provides an option for making clone applications and servers.
- With a single click, you can scale both the RAM and storage for accommodating more traffic on your website.
- Set automated hourly to weekly backup instances at an offsite location and restore the latest backups with a single click.
- 24X7 chat support.
- Git client, SSL, SSH, Cron Job Managers.
- Magento 2 application is available with one-click.
Advantages of DigitalOcean for Magento 2
Here are the best reasons to choose a DigitalOcean Magento 2 cloud hosting infrastructure:
- It offers high server speeds and SSD hard drives.
- Greater bandwidth.
- DigitalOcean provides dedicated IP addresses.
- Multi-factor authentication
- Easily resize the nodes.
- Data centers across popular geographical locations.
Deploy, Manage, & Scale Magento Stores Without Any Hassles
Optimized Stack For Magento With PHP 8, Built-in Cache Technologies, & more!
Data Centers for DigitalOcean Server
By hosting your Magento store on DigitalOcean via Cloudways, you also get the option to select the server location of your choice. Keeping the latency factor in mind, I will highly recommend you to select the data center nearest to your audience’s location. Your options include:
- San Francisco
- New York
Optimize Magento Speed Like a Pro
Subscribe now and get a free ebook to your inbox.
Your Ebook is on its Way to Your Inbox.
Cloudways solves the problem for developers and merchants and makes their life simple by providing an easy-to-use platform to host Magento on DigitalOcean. Cloudways saves a lot of time as well since you can launch Magento on DigitalOcean in a few clicks.
For those who want to host on DigitalOcean dedicated servers with fast speeds and high performance at a reasonable price, then Cloudways-powered DigitalOcean Magento servers are the best choice!
FAQs Regarding Magento on DigitalOcean
Q: When DigitalOcean updates Magento Version?
DigitalOcean provides timely updates of Magento versions based on their stability and testing with the server technology.
Q: Where is the errors folder in Magento DigitalOcean?
All Magento errors can be found in the log folder: /applications/[application folder]/public_html/var/log. These logs have categorized error details based on each functions.
Q: How to install the Magento app on DigitalOcean?
The Magento app can be easily installed on DigitalOcean in 3 easy steps
- Step1: Setup the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and PHP) environment
- Step2: Setup the prerequisite technologies based on the Magento version (Composer, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Step3: Download, install and configure the Magento setup
Abdur Rahman is the Magento whizz at Cloudways. He is growth ambitious, and aims to learn & share information about Ecommerce & Magento Development through practice and experimentation. He loves to travel and explore new ideas whenever he finds time. Get in touch with him at [email protected]