Many beginners ask a common question: How to manage multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard?
The answer is simple: Use a WordPress management tool/plugin.
Managing multiple WordPress sites can be a tedious task, and it consumes a lot of time when you log in to each website separately and update the plugins, theme, or core files.
Many WordPress users (particularly agencies) have several websites, and they can use a WordPress management plugin/tool to handle this hectic job. This saves time and allows the users to focus on their business needs.
In this article, I have compiled a list of the best WordPress tools that will solve your site management problem and provide you with a hassle-free working environment. But first, you need to know why you should opt for a management tool for managing your multiple sites.
Why Should You Use a WordPress Management Tool?
Ever since its launch, WordPress’ multisite feature has been the talk of the town. With WordPress multisite, you can control the entire network of WP sites from a single dashboard and manage multiple sites easily.
So you may launch your website on a fast and reliable WordPress multisite host and enjoy its incredible benefits!
Additionally, If you want to learn how to set up a WordPress Multisite, we have covered a detailed guide to help you understand what it is and how it works.
But still, the WordPress Multisite feature has limitations when it comes to managing multiple sites for multiple clients that share different server resources. So, to more effectively manage multiple WordPress installations, the WordPress management tool is handy.
Many WP management tools offer robust features and services to help you automate your workflow. WordPress updates (plugins, themes, cores) are essential because they enable your site to be safe and secure. You can quickly update your themes, plugins, or cores via a single dashboard with this tool. Also, you can create offsite backups, manage comments/users, installations for entire sites, and much more.
Best WordPress Management tools to Manage Multiple WordPress sites
Here are the top five WordPress management tools that can easily manage your multiple WordPress sites and make your life easier and simpler.
1. WP Umbrella
WP Umbrella is a powerful tool that simplifies managing multiple WordPress websites from a single user-friendly dashboard. With WP Umbrella, you can automate tasks like updating plugins and themes, setting up automatic backups to keep your data safe, and monitoring your sites for any potential issues before they cause trouble.
One of the coolest things about WP Umbrella is its automated reports. They are helpful for web agencies and WordPress users, showing clients the value of WordPress maintenance. Also, this tool helps you save time and streamline your workflow, allowing you to focus on more important tasks while demonstrating the value of your work to your clients.
Another fantastic feature of WP Umbrella is that it doesn’t require any complicated configuration and can be set up in 10 seconds. Simply connect and manage all your WordPress sites from one place, regardless of where they’re hosted.
And the best news yet – WP Umbrella and Cloudways are fully compatible! Plus, you can enjoy 1 month of WP Umbrella for free using the promo code “CloudwaysWPU.”
- WordPress Management Dashboard: Easily manage multiple WordPress sites with clear navigation and access to performance and security information.
- Automatic Backups: Set up automatic backups of your WordPress site that are reliable, flexible, and efficient.
- Uptime & Performance Monitoring: Continuously monitor your website’s uptime, performance metrics, and Google PageSpeed Score to keep it running smoothly.
- Bulk Actions On Multiple Websites: Update plugins, themes, and WordPress core across multiple sites with just one click and clear the cache automatically.
- Automated Maintenance Report: Create customized reports for clients that detail completed updates and tasks on their websites.
MainWP is a powerful solution that allows users to manage unlimited WordPress sites from one dashboard. It’s a free and open-source tool that will solve your site management tasks and give you an intuitive interface from where you can perform all the essential activities; with a click of a button, you can update everything across your WordPress sites.
One more thing, Cloudways is in partnership with MainWP, and therefore, you can expect high plugin compatibility with the platform. In other words, our WordPress hosting platform is well integrated with MainWP.
- You can easily upgrade your WordPress sites to the latest and stable version with a click of a button.
- Automated updates are available for themes and plugins. If a new update is available, then MainWP will send you alerts on your email, and the next day it will automatically update them.
- It automatically detects the abandoned plugins and themes (updated a long time ago) and sends you alerts. This will help you improve your site security.
- It also offers a pro plan where you can get additional features like access to all (current and new) extensions, extension updates, and priority support.
ManageWP vs MainWP – Which One Is Better For You
ManageWP is a great management tool that is designed to save time and automate your workflow. It is the oldest and most popular in the market for WordPress management services.
This is a free management solution through which you can easily manage multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard.
- With one click, you can quickly update your WordPress sites, do security checks, clean spam, and much more.
- Backups are critical as something goes wrong; you can revert the changes or recover your site via backup. ManageWP offers a free cloud backup where you will get monthly scheduled backup, offsite storage, one-click restore, and much more. You can also purchase its premium add-on, where you’ll get some extra and powerful features related to backup and its management, like on-demand backups, set-up backup frequencies, cloning, and much more.
- You can connect several Google Analytics accounts on one dashboard. This will help you keep track of all results and other essential metrics.
- Many premium add-ons are available, like SEO ranking, white-label, advanced client reports, and so on.
InfiniteWP is another powerful solution to manage multiple WordPress sites. It helps you manage an unlimited number of WordPress applications and offers a free plan limited to backups and updates (themes, plugins, and core). But to unlock the real power and access all features, you must purchase its premium plan, and the basic program starts from $147/year.
- You can update your WordPress core, themes, and plugins with one click.
- Premium – Manage Users: You can easily create and manage users across your multiple WordPress sites.
- Premium – Malware Scan: A security feature is also available to secure your sites from hackers and attackers.
- Premium – WordPress Deployment: You can quickly install, migrate, and create staging of your sites.
- Premium – Client Reporting: You can easily create reports and send them to clients to check the status of their websites.
5. WP Remote
WP Remote is a popular WP management tool that offers many powerful features to help you manage and update all your WordPress sites from one place. It provides both plans; free and premium. The basic premium plan starts from $49/Month (up to 20 websites).
- With a click of a button, you can update your WordPress core, themes, and plugins.
- Premium – WordPress Backups: Backups are available for all your sites (offsite and on-demand backups).
- Premium – Website Security: To help you secure your sites at various levels, WP Remote offers many security features like malware scan, login protection, advanced firewall, and one-click malware removal.
- Premium – Support: Customer support is available via email and chat.
6. CMS Commander
CMS Commander is a simple, paid management tool specially designed for site management tasks. It offers a bulk of features, from one-click updates to your blog monetization.
- The backup feature is available for data protection. (multiple backup destinations like server, Amazon S3, etc.).
- You can easily monetize your blogs as the platform is integrated with many popular affiliate networks.
- Maintaining security is a serious task, but you can easily manage it with CMS Commander. Some security features that it offers: 2FA, malware scanner, and much more.
- You can quickly create a new user, delete previous user accounts, and more.
I hope this article helped you choose the right WordPress management tool for your multiple WordPress sites. I have discussed the five best WordPress management tools to manage multiple WordPress sites from one place easily.
Customer Review at
“Beautifully optimized hosting for WordPress and Magento”
Arda Burak [Agency Owner]
Farhan is a community manager at Cloudways. He loves to work with WordPress and has a passion for web development. Mostly, he spends his time interacting with the people in the WordPress community. Apart from his work life, Farhan spends his time gaming and playing sports. Feel free to contact him at [email protected]