Cloudways is seeking a Full Time Platform Operations Shift Manager, as part of the Platform Operations support division, to manage a team of remote & global Cloud Engineers. As a shift manager, you will oversee daily operations, act as the liaison between staff and upper management, and work closely with your team to maximize customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities of the Shift Manager’s role include the oversight and hands-on management of a team of highly skilled Cloud Engineers in their daily operational and support activities during shifts hours. This role entails managing performance at both a team and individual level as well as mentoring and coaching each team member in their overall growth as a Cloud Engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage, instruct, and guide team of Cloud Engineers in their day-to-day activities surrounding customer support via Live chat and tickets, site migrations, application monitoring and responsiveness on abuses reported by upstream providers
- Responsible for key performance metrics ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Meet aggressive system and application availability objectives while providing hands-on leadership during customer-impacting events (outages and incidents)
- Provide immediate response/remediation/ and escalation for incidents during the shift
- Manage resources to performance expectations via tracking and maintaining individual performance metrics, including incident management, chats & ticket performance, and process/procedure adherence as well as constant reinforcement to ensure SLA’s are met
- Establishes and drives clear accountability for all team members, creates an environment that enables effective team performance and excellent communication
- Conduct regular team meetings as well as one-on-one sessions with staff members
- Onboard, and train new hires in process and procedure adherence as well as use of tools and understanding of production platform interdependencies
- Maintain employee shift schedules ensuring adequate resource coverage at all times
- Maintain daily shift stats compilation, shift logs, analysis of “not at all well” customer ratings, response on cross departmental queries during the shift
- Develop, document, maintain, and disseminate new processes and procedures for platform monitoring, incident validation, remediation, and escalation
- 24 x 7 availability to work with the team in addressing incidents/outages where managerial guidance is required
- Problem analysis of platform and environmental issues, ensuring strict SLA compliance in issue response, resolution, escalation, and incident communication.
Back to Careers
- Graduate (16 years of education) required.
- Previous managerial experience
- Work experience in a similar environment
- Customer-focused with strong customer service skills
- Capable team leader; can provide constructive feedback and support
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at assessing situations and making decisions
- A positive attitude is a must
- Available for a flexible schedule
- Experience with various Support Communication Systems is plus, such as; Live Chat, Zendesk, Intercom as well as large scale Phone and Chat support systems.