Do you need WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips solutions? Of course, you do. That’s why you landed on this article!
Well, if you have an online WooCommerce store, you already know the value of maintenance and smooth store-level processes. An important aspect of maintaining store-level performance is the prompt creation and generation of invoices for all customers.
In addition to being an important legal requirement for continuing business, invoices offer a parallel path of tracing customer transactions and setting up a comprehensive store-level audit process. Creating PDF invoices is one of the most common store management scenarios where you need the help of a plugin to efficiently manage the process.
In this article, I’m going to educate you about how you can use Woo PDF invoices and how you can maintain your online invoices.
Speed Up Your WooCommerce Store and Increase Your Sales Now
These Expert Tips Will Show You How to Improve The Speed of Your WooCommerce Stores.
Your Ebook is on its Way to Your Inbox.
Best WooCommerce Invoice Plugins
Here’s a list of some of the best WooCommerce invoice plugins that will help you auto-generate an invoice in PDF format.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices
- YITH PDF Invoices and Shipping List
- PDF Invoices (Premium)
- Woo Invoice (PDF Invoice and Packing Slip)
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels
Let’s discuss these WooCommerce plugins one by one and see what they offer, so you can better understand which one is good for you.
1. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
This plugin allows any WooCommerce store owner to send out the WooCommerce packing slip to their customers automatically. This is a great WooCommerce invoice plugin for generating professional invoice emails and simplifying the invoicing process.
The plugin is freemium, and while there are some good features in the free version, if you want the extra features, you’ll need to buy the premium extension.
This plugin allows you to quickly generate WooCommerce invoices automatically, and adds the invoice to the order confirmation emails (based on a basic preset template) sent out to your customers.
- Generate emails and send them automatically to the customers
- Bulk invoice and PDF generation
- Download invoices from the account page
- Available in different languages such as Dutch, English, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Finnish, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish & Ukrainian
- Customize email templates
If you want to go with premium extension, though, you can try out the following extensions:
- PDF Invoices Professional
- PDF Invoices to Dropbox
- WooCommerce Automatic Order Printing
- PDF Invoices Premium Templates
2. WooCommerce PDF Invoices
This WooCommerce invoice plugin allows you to generate PDF invoices automatically, attach them to WooCommerce email templates of your choice, and send the PDF invoices to the customers’ Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Egnyte.
- Attach invoice PDF to custom WooCommerce emails automatically
- Fully customizable email template
- Available in multiple languages such as English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, & Japanese, etc
- Customize shipping & billing address format to include additional custom fields, & font sizes, etc.
- Easily download PDF invoices from the order admin page
- Give custom titles and filenames to PDF documents
This is a freemium WooCommerce invoice plugin as well, so if you opt for the premium version, you get additional features, including:
- Bulk PDF invoices
- Download and export bulk PDF invoices
- Change the styling of your PDF invoice template, such as font and additional PDF files, etc.
Cloudways Is One of the Best Managed Hosting Platforms
Try it out for yourself. Book a demo today.
3. YITH PDF Invoice and Shipping List
YITH PDF Invoice and Shipping List can generate PDF invoices for your orders automatically as well. There are some good features on the free version of this plugin, but if you want to use all the features, you’ll need to buy the premium version.
- Edit documents in the panel
- Create PDF invoices and shipping list documents from WooCommerce orders
- Easily customize templates
- Generate email templates manually or automatically
Premium version features
- Generate a proforma document
- Manage invoice generation
- Manage invoice numeration
- Generate packing slips
- Generate credit notes
- Customize document filename format
All of these features make YITH PDF Invoice one of the best WooCommerce invoice plugins around.
4. PDF Invoices (Premium)
PDF Invoices is the premium plugin by WooCommerce that automatically creates and attaches a fully customizable PDF invoice to the order completed or processing emails.
- Attach PDF to “New Order” email for admins
- Include your corporate logo in the PDF invoice
- Customize date format and invoice number format
- Set the invoice number and download the invoice in the order list
5. Woo Invoice (PDF Invoice and Packing Slip)
Woo Invoice is a premium plugin that allows you to customize email according to your requirements. This plugin is easy to customize. Woo Invoice generates invoices automatically as soon as the orders are created.
- Customize PDF invoice slips according to your requirements
- Preview before printing the invoice
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce subscription and WPML
- Customize invoice number format
These are some great plugins that work equally well and extend the functionality of your WooCommerce store.
6. WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels
WooCommerce PDF invoices is a freemium plugin that helps you enable the automatic generation of invoices and other shipping-related documents in your store. It comes with pre-built templates for each document and lets you customize them according to your needs.
Email PDF Invoice with Order Details
Easy design customizations with simple toggle buttons and visual and code editors.
Add custom fields to the Invoice
Compatible with Standard Labels & Printers
Pre-built templates to choose from.
To illustrate the process of using a PDF invoice generator, I will use this WooCommerce invoice plugin as it is free and easy to use. You can pick any other plugin if you want.
Now let’s move to the installation process!
To download and install the plugin, navigate to WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New → search for ‘WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips’. Once found, click the Install Now button and then activate the plugin.
Once successfully installed, a new tab will appear in the WordPress dashboard. To view this, navigate to WooCommerce and click PDF Invoice. You will see something like:
Under this section, you can see the following tabs:
- General Settings
Let’s discuss these tabs.
Under this section, you can see a bunch of different options. You can either download the PDF directly or control how the document opens (either in the same or different tab). You can also set the print size and the complete log and contact information of your store.
Here, you can select which emails you want to attach the PDF documents to. To illustrate this point, I have selected the option of attaching the PDF invoices to all the new emails sent out as an admin email. This is a great option to set up and simplify your store invoicing processes.
You can also set other settings such as display shipping address, phone address, email address, etc.
In this tab, you can set settings, including legacy mode, calculating document numbers, enabling debug output, and automatic cleanup, etc.
Generating an Invoice
To generate an invoice, go to WooCommerce > Order.
Click on an order, and you can see the invoice in the right section of the screen.
In the Create PDF section, you can see the options for generating PDF invoices and packing slips. Once generated, you can attach the invoice to customer-focused emails.
Now whenever a customer finalizes an order on your store, an email with the invoice is generated and is sent directly to the customer. Here is a sample email with the invoice:
If the volume of invoices in your store is high, you can opt for the premium version that provides additional capabilities and features such as:
Premium PDF Invoice bundle
- Use this plugin in the WPML multilingual setup
- Create an advanced customizable template that involves elements such as price, taxes & thumbnails, etc.
- Customize billing and shipping formatting like font size & font weight, etc.
Payment Reminders to Your Customers
- Automatically send payment reminders to your customers
- Awesome text editor for the email text, including placeholders for data from the order (name, order total, etc)
- Fully compatible with WPML. The emails will be automatically sent in the language the order was placed.
- Integrates seamlessly with the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin
Send New Orders or Packing Slips
- Automatically send new orders and/or packing slips to the attached printer. You can also see the extension WooCommerce Automatic Order Printing.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: What are WooCommerce PDF invoices?
A: PDF invoice allows you to generate and send out professional-looking invoices to your customers.
Q: How do I download an invoice from WooCommerce?
A: You can either download the invoice from my account page, or you can download it from the order admin page.
Q: How do you send an invoice to WooCommerce?
A: As soon as the customer places the order, the invoice will be generated automatically and sent to the customer.
Q: How do I print an invoice in WooCommerce?
A: Under this section, you can see a whole bunch of different options. You can either download the PDF directly or control how the document opens (either in the same or a different tab). You can also set the print size and the complete log and contact information of your store.
Summing It Up!
By integrating WooCommerce PDF Invoices, you can easily generate and send out professional-looking invoices to your customers. There is a free version for users who wish to generate invoices without any expense. For users who wish to access advanced features, the premium extension unlocks additional features and options.
If you want to test out this plugin, sign up now on Cloudways WooCommerce hosting platform and take a free 3-day trial.
If you need to ask a question about installing and integrating the plugin, feel free to ask via the comments section below.
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at [email protected]