Magento has become the most popular ecommerce platform which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, content management and functionality of their online store.
In recent times, I got to know that Magento not only supports online merchants but also assists those retailers who’re running physical stores. Due to this, Magento has become the best choice for merchants, executives, entrepreneurs and empowering 168,472 active users around the globe.
Magento offers you to develop and integrate extensions to enhance the functionality of online stores. That’s the reason which makes us able to use thousands of extensions. Among them – Magento offers Point of Sale extensions which takes care of all the ins and outs of the physical store.
Do you know what does it actually mean?
It means that Magento offers you freedom and flexibility to manage your online and physical business in real-time while using the same database. The core objective of writing this article is to familiarize you with the top Magento POS extensions. But, before going to that, let’s have a quick overview of Magento Point of Sales?
What is Magento POS
Let’s understand the Point of Sales terminology with an easy example. You went to the physical store located near your house. You pick some products from there and start walking towards the cash counter.
The cashier scans the products and the system generates a receipt against those products through a predefined structure. This process is known as POS which makes the sales calculation faster and reliable.
Hence, POS is a software that takes care of the entire store processes starting from Till opening to the closing of the Till. It includes inventory management, purchase order, daily / monthly reports and much more. In short, Magento POS integration is capable enough to manage all of those operations which are required to run the store smoothly.
I really hope that you have got enough understanding of Magento POS. In short, Magento Point of Sales helps to automate all your day-to-day processes with no hassles.
Now, it’s time to discuss the top Magento POS extensions.
- Magento 2 POS Solution by Magestore
- Magento 2 POS Solution by Magefan
- Magento 2 POS Solution by Acid POS
- Magento 2 POS Extension by Boost My Shop
- Magento 2 POS Extension by ConnectPOS
- Magento 2 POS Extension by Mageplaza
- Magento 2 POS Extension by Webkul
- Magento 2 POS Extension by Magespacex
- Magento POS Extension by Ebizmarts
- Magento 1 POS Extension by iwd
- Magento 1 POS Extension by Boost My Shop
Magento 2 POS Solution by Magestore
Magestore has been working with Magento since its launch, aiming to bring this No.1 ecommerce power into physical stores. Through 10 years of hard work, Magestore has been successfully expanding all the powerful features from Magento to their POS, helping merchants worldwide deliver an uninterrupted shopping experience from online to offline.
By using the world’s #1 POS for Magento, you’ll own two matching systems: Magento system and Magento-native POS. All data from both channels will sync to one centralized system in real-time. It will give you a cohesive online to offline experience for both staff and customers as a result.
Besides, Magestore POS is the first to apply PWA into POS for a fast & reliable user experience. With a URL and a browser, you’re ready to master this app-like POS without having to download or install anything. With a strong performance & user-friendly interface, Magestore POS keeps your daily operation running smoothly all day, every day.
Magento merchants can customize their solution to fit their requirements, and expand their business without extra costs. If you’re looking for the best Magento-native POS for your physical stores, Magestore will be a trusted partner for life.
- Sell everywhere from one platform
- Utilize Magento technology and features
- Synchronize data in real-time
- Run daily store activities smoothly
- Pay no extra cost for future expansion
- Tailor shopping experiences for customers
- Make better decisions with real-time and accurate reporting
- Integrate fully with Magento Inventory
- The price varies on the plan you choose
- Pay ONLY one time to own the product package forever
- Included professional support and other services: implementation, customization, go-live, and premium support
Compatibility: This Magento WebPOS is always updating to the latest version of Magento.
Magento 2 POS Solution by Magefan
If you’re looking for a reliable web-based Magento 2 POS System that charges no extra cost for the number of users, store locations or terminals, Magefan would be a great choice. User-friendly, responsive design, fast POS frontend and a variety of features definitely make this POS stand out.
Magefan POS enables you to track data between your online and brick-and-mortar stores in real time, offering their users and customers a stunning experience.
What is more, the best Magento features are easily implemented within this POS ― use the minimum order amount feature, apply cart and catalog price rules, monitor product quantity in multiple warehouses and much more.
Finally, it comes in 3 different plans, so you can scale your business and improve your POS experience as you grow.
- Real-time data tracking
- Responsive POS design – sell on the go using a tablet or mobile device
- Customer or guest checkout
- Hold shopping cart feature
- Self-checkout terminal
- Discounts and coupon management
- Z- and X-reports
- Online and offline POS payment methods
- Custom sale (custom product)
- Depends on the pricing plan you choose (free plan/free trial available)
Compatibility: Magento 2.3.5 – 2.4.6 (CE, EE, ECE, B2B)
Magento 2 POS Solution by Acid POS
There is only one Acid POS on the market and it is now available! Built by cashiers, developers and store owners alike – nothing was left to chance when it comes to Acid Point of Sale. Designed to save you on cost and headache over time, Acid POS offers features that are fully synced with your online stores and provide you the ability to forecast your future purchases based on sales, ultra-quick checkouts, custom-designed Acid POS units, and full multi-store and inventory capability.
Acid POS helps you migrate your existing store(s) into magento 2.3 and above environment and gives you ultimate control. We know where and why you lose your time and money with other providers. Give us a shot and experience the difference in delivery, stability and low monthly credit card payments.
- Works on all OS platforms and/or through apps.
- Real-time synchronization of products, gift cards, credits, rewards, and customers.
- Timesheets and custom smartcard logins.
- Custom Acid POS Hardware (dual pos units, barcode scanners, cash registers, receipt printers).
- Ultra-fast checkout process (no delay).
- Refunds, returns, reversals, and exchanges.
- Manage over 250K SKUs and Customers (scalable to more).
- Perpetual inventory, forecasting, and advanced custom reporting.
- Layout adjustments and branding.
Pricing: Depends on the number of stores. The basic package starts at $390/mo.
Compatibility: Magento 2.x, available for both Open Source (CE) & Commerce (EE).
Magento 2 POS Extension by Boost My Shop
The Boost My Shop Magento 2 POS extension helps the cashier to easily enter the sales order within the Magento 2 back office. It’s also optional that you can scan a product through a barcode scanner and receive the payment via cash/credit card.
- Supports multiple payment methods and issues an instant receipt
- Accessible on a touch screen with great UI/UX
- Generate Z-Reports
- Manage multiple users
- In-depth sales report
- Shortcuts for quick access are available
- Offers complete transaction and payment details
Pricing: $290 Excluding Tax.
Compatibility: Magento 2.x, available for both Open Source (CE) & Commerce (EE).
Magento 2 POS Extension by ConnectPOS
One of the great features of this Magento POS extension is that it allows the retailer to manage multiple store branches with few steps. It keeps track of all the warehouses while maintaining their inventory without any ambiguities. With all that, it generates a smart and informative report of product control, customer insights, sales performance, growth tracking, etc.
- Offers refund and exchange policy
- Synchronize physical store data in real-time with Magento
- 3-step checkout process
- Supports Magento coupon code, gift cards, and reward points
- Allows to customize receipt as per your own requirements
- Quickly search for products by name, ID, SKU or barcode
- Keep the complete data of customers and their wish list
Pricing: Offers a transparent & flexible pricing plan.
If you pick monthly payment plan: Standard: $49/mo Advanced: $79/mo Premium: $99/mo.
If you pick annual payment plan: Standard: $39/mo Advanced: $69/mo Premium: $89/mo.
Compatibility: This Magento POS extension supports version Magento 2.x and available for both Open Source (CE) & Commerce (EE).
Magento 2 POS Extension by Mageplaza
Mageplaza Magento 2 POS extension provides your staff with ease to make an order as per customer requirements. It requires one minute to complete all checkout process along with multiple payment methods and partial shipment. With the help of this Magento extension, you can allow the customers to make pre-order for the out-of-stock products.
Moreover, you can also make a request for the Magento POS demo before integrating it into the Magento store.
- Searches products by any attribute
- Allows to put orders on hold
- This Magento POS is Open source, easy to configure and install
- Offers multiple discount offer to your customers
- Manages purchase return to stock
- Supports offline mode
- Displays detailed report on POS screen
Compatibility: This Magento POS extension is compatible with Magento 2.x.
Magento 2 POS Extension by Webkul
The Magento 2 POS extension by Webkull provides the advantage to manage the brick & mortar store in a faster and convenient way. This extension helps to manage the physical and webstore products separately. It allows the sales agent to establish and maintain a great customer relationship.
Moreover, when it comes to payment then customers are allowed to divide the payment in cash and credit.
- Sales agents can deal with multiple languages and currencies
- Fast & simple payment and checkout process
- Real-time synchronization of sales and transactions
- Manages all the processes in offline mode
- Offers custom sales receipt
- Hardware support such as barcode scanner, receipt printer and cash drawer.
Pricing: $199.0 – limited time offer.
Compatibility: With all the Magento 2.x Editions.
Magento 2 POS Extension by Magespacex
Magespacex Magento POS extension helps you to kick off things easily, start making sales and grow your business. By using this extension, you can add products in no time by clicking on the thumbnail or scan the barcode. Moreover, a Magento POS system which is a 100% open-source extension and doesn’t charge any monthly charges.
- Allows offline/online payments
- Easily adds notes that will appear on customers’ receipts
- Quick product and customer search available
- Keeps creating orders in offline mode
- Applies discounts for an entire or single products
Compatibility: This Magento WebPOS extension supports both Magento 2.x Open Source (CE) & Commerce (EE).
Magento POS extension by Ebizmarts
Ebizmarts POS enables selling Magento products of your choice while experiencing a great omnichannel experience. You can easily integrate Magento 2 POS to effectively manage warehouse, product, order management, and other important operations. In terms of any changes, the POS system is capable enough to sync and update all in real-time.
- Provides flexible tax configuration system
- Uploads number of images to provide detailed information about the product
- Customizes the look and feel of the store such as logo and color
- Creates as many users for your store and apply for the specific roles
- Provides easy return and refund mechanism
Pricing: Offers three options Plus: $49, Professional: $69 and Enterprise: $89.
Compatibility: With Magento 1.x and Magento 2.x Open Source (CE).
Magento 1 POS Extension by iwd
This Magento 1 POS extension is capable enough to manage the number of customers without letting them wait too long. It consists of all the fundamental functions which are necessary to run the Magento POS system. It offers a quick view of the product which defines the product description in a more detail manner such as product image and SKU. Furthermore, it supports multiple hardware to run retail operations more effectively.
- This Magento WebPOS extension offers detailed reports for POS & website
- Attractive and user-friendly POS dashboard
- Compatible with all the devices
- Easy checkout with the different customer (Guest, new, existing)
- Capable to manage multiple Magento stores
Compatibility: This Magento POS system is compatible with Magento 1.x Open Source (CE).
Magento 1 POS Extension by Boost My Shop
Boost My Shop’s Magento POS extension allows you to turn any device into a functional POS system. It is one of the most convenient extensions with proper Magento POS integration to ensure smooth sales at your physical store. The POS will automatically update all the information related to sales in real-time.
Besides, with the help of this extension, you can use multiple bank cards or cash for a single sale transaction.
- Exchange calculator embedded for multiple currencies
- Automatically print bills (compatible with thermal printer)
- Effectively manages customer management
- Generates sales report with a filtered option such as payment method
- Supports multiple web stores for the sales point
Compatibility: The above-mentioned details and features are available for Magento version 1.x.
All the above mentioned Magento POS extensions are up to the mark but in the end, it’s your call which one is best suited for your business.
I hope that my research will help you find the best POS extensions which you were looking for.
Be smart and organize your Magento POS process wisely because your sales rely on this process. If you work on it effectively, you will be getting outstanding conversion rates on your ecommerce store.
If you think I have missed any of your favorite Magento POS extension(s), please do mention in the comment section below, and I will get back to you at my earliest.
Abdur Rahman is the Magento whizz at Cloudways. He is growth ambitious, and aims to learn & share information about Ecommerce & Magento Development through practice and experimentation. He loves to travel and explore new ideas whenever he finds time. Get in touch with him at [email protected]