File management is particularly a hassle for bloggers who manage multiple high volume websites. File management activities mean the administrator is constantly logged into the accounts. In addition to being a constant strain on the resources, staying logged in accounts is a serious security loophole that could result in a breach.
It is my personal belief that WordPress offers a solution for every problem in the form of plugins and custom code snippets. I have covered several of these solutions on Cloudways Blog before.
File Manager Access from inside the WordPress dashboard – Yes, this is possible. Some plugins can help you with the issue. However, I recommend FileZilla FTP protocol for security reasons.
Advantages of File Manager Access in WordPress Dashboard
File Manager Access from inside WordPress Dashboard offers several key benefits, some of which are:
- A single location for all tasks.
- Plugins support Multi File Uploading.
- WordPress Dashboard is more user-friendly than original File Manager.
- All file related actions supported (Copy, Paste, Delete, Rename, Duplicate, and Drag-and-Drop)
Features of file manager
You can do the following with the plugin:
- Copy, Paste, Delete, Rename, and Duplicate files.
- Drag and drop to move files.
- View list or icons with thumbnail display.
- Editing text, PHP and other files within WordPress.
- View and Edit files.
Once you have installed the plugin from here, you will see File Manager interface integrated into the WordPress Settings Menu. All the files and folders are available on this menu.
Right-click on any file or folder to view available options and tasks. These options are also accessible on the toolbar.
More power to File Manager plugin with features such as adding cloud capabilities. You can even access your cloud files from within the WordPress.
Some more additional features:
- You can search your desired files within the File Manager Dashboard
- Improved view options like List and Thumbnails.
You can take a look at the complete features here
File Manager is an excellent plugin for File Manage Access in WordPress Dashboard. If you access file manager frequently and don’t want to waste time, you are better off using this plugin.
There’s one more similar plugin I’d like to mention here, and it’s called WP File Manager. This plugin also allows you to do similar stuff that we have mentioned so far.
If you have a query about File Manager, please leave a comment below.
Start Growing with Cloudways Today.
Our Clients Love us because we never compromise on these