SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
Service Level Agreement
Cloudways strives to provide a high quality service and backs it up with a comprehensive Service Level Agreement.
This SLA is an integral part of your agreement with us as referenced in our Terms & Conditions.
The compensations described in this SLA are your sole and exclusive compensations for the events covered by the SLA.
Although we will not modify this SLA arbitrarily, we may introduce some changes from time to time. In the event that this happens, we will notify you of any such changes and their effective date to the email address you provided during your registration process.
1. Standard Level of Service (Service Standard)
- Cloudways’ goal is to ensure that our services (Cloudways Click&Go and Cloudways PowerCloud) are available to Customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week, and three hundred sixty-five days per year (Service Availability).
- Please note that Service Availability refers to Click&Go Console, Cloudways Member Area and related services and in no case we are guaranteeing here the Service Availability of our Partner Cloud Providers (see third party SLAs in Clause 4 below).
- Cloudways offers two support options, Live Chat and Ticketing System. Chat Service is intended to provide an interactive method to request and receive basic information and troubleshooting assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. Particularly, and to avoid clogging the Live Chat system, interactive support sessions are expected to last between 5 and 15 minutes. For longer, more complex issues requiring in-depth troubleshooting, our Live Chat agents will be creating a ticket with all information provided during the chat session to be followed up by our senior engineers via our Ticketing System.
- Cloudways goal is respond to High Priority tickets presented by Customer or created on Customer behalf by our agents within thirty minutes (Response Time). For Normal Priority tickets our Response Time is within six hours. Our Response Time goal is a time to acknowledge and “work started” only, not a time to resolve.
- High Priority tickets must be related to events that render Customers infrastructure and/or services unusable/inaccessible. Other type of events rated as High Priority by Customers and that don’t match this description will be demoted to Normal Priority by Cloudways personnel and treated accordingly.
- Cloudways realizes that our Service Availability and Response Time goals may not be met. Accordingly, Clause 2 sets out credits should we fail to meet the Service Availability or Response Time goals.
2. Credits disbursed when Service Standard is not met
We will compensate our customers in the event that our Service Standards are not met and customer has reported it through our Support Portal. Compensation will be through credit against your next monthly invoice. You will receive a credit of five percent of your total fee (for the month in which the SLA was not met) for each hour in which we fail to meet our Service Standard levels. Collectively these are referred to as SLA Credits. SLA Credits are based on our monitoring, may not exceed the total amount of Fees you have paid to us for the month in which we failed to meet the Service Standards set out in Clause 1, may not be aggregated, and will not be paid in cash.
3. Situations in which we will not disburse any Credit
Should we fail to meet the Service Standard goal as a result of scheduled outages, emergency maintenance or Force Majeure Events, the SLA Credit policy will not be applicable.
If the failure to meet the Service Standards is based on a non-standard environment, customer authored code or changes to the Service by parties other than Cloudways, you will not be entitled to any SLA Credit.
4. Third party Infrastructure Providers SLAs
- Click here to view DigitalOcean SLA.
- Click here to view Amazon EC2 SLA.
- Click here to view Google Compute Engine (GCE) SLA.
- Click here to view Vultr SLA.
Terms of Service
Click here to view Cloudways Terms of Service.
Acceptable Use Policy
Click here to view Cloudways Acceptable Use Policy.