For eCommerce stores, subscriptions are a popular tactic for increasing sales and maintaining the overall sales figures. The good thing about subscriptions is that they fit right into the store’s email marketing campaigns. Over time, stores usually build up huge email lists that can be “harvested” for repeat sales.
In this guide, I am going to tell you how you can take advantage of WooCommerce subscriptions by using the best WooCommerce subscriptions plugins.
Before diving into the article, let’s go through the outline below.
What is WooCommerce Subscription?
WooCommerce subscription is a great way of generating recurring sales from your customers. Similarly, subscriptions are an important option for setting up recurring billing for digital products sold at membership sites.
Subscriptions are often a valid sales option for recurring billing for physical products. A popular business scenario is the Something of the Month Club where you send your customers a box at fixed intervals. In these models, the customers actually buy subscriptions that get renewed before expiration.
From launching to customizing your WooCommerce stores, Cloudways is at your service!
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, Cloudways Platform is based on UI, where you can create and customize your online store in a few seconds.
Best WooCommerce Subscriptions Plugins
I will now mention several WooCommerce subscriptions extensions that would help you set up and automate recurring sales-focused subscriptions at your stores.
1. WooCommerce Subscriptions by WooCommerce
WooCommerce Subscription by WooCommerce essentially adds a new payment method to your Woo store. Granted that it is a paid extension, but it is money well-spent. The plugin greatly streamlines the process of setting up and managing a WooCommerce subscription offer.
- It allows store owners to create multiple subscriptions for products and services
- You can offer trial periods
- Give subscribers the ability to manage their own plans
- Set up subscription expiry dates
- Create and manage subscription products at your WooCommerce store
Give Cloudways a Shot
Click here to book a demo at a convenient date and time.
2. Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee
WebToffee for WooCommerce subscriptions is another great plugin that you can use for setting up and managing recurring payments and billing at your store. Although it is a paid plugin, you can try the plugin for free before buying the full license.
- Set up simple and variable subscriptions for physical or digital (downloadable) products
- Supports synchronized renewal with prorate option
- Multiple billing schedules, free trial & signup fee, recurring subscription discount coupon, & email notifications
- Synchronize the dates of the subscription products to a specific day of the month
- Fully compatible with multiple payments gateways
3. Subscriptio – WooCommerce Subscription
Subscriptio is another premium WooCommerce subscription plugin that is a great option for selling products like online memberships, e-learning packages, magazine subscriptions, and similar tangible and intangible products.
- Create subscription lists and subscription management tools for customers
- Sell online memberships with recurring charges
- Configure subscription trial period of any length
- This plugin is fully compatible with Stripe and PayPal
300x Faster WooCommerce Stores on Cloudways Hosting
Over 55+ built-in features to improve development workflows and site speed.
4. Yith WooCommerce Subscription Plugin
Yith WooCommerce subscription is a freemium plugin that simplifies the process of offering subscriptions to your visitors. This is an ideal plugin for creating subscriptions for videos, podcasts, courses, reviews – pretty much anything that you can offer to your customers on an installment basis.
- It allows users to find subscription information on the “My Account” page
- You can create subscriptions for physical and variable products
- Fully compatible with PayPal, and Stripe for automatic payments
- Admins can easily delete the subscriptions whenever they want
- Easily upgrade or downgrade subscription plans (this option is only available for variable products).
5. SUMO Subscriptions
SUMO Subscriptions is a complete subscription solution for your WooCommerce online store. This plugin allows you to set up simple, variable, and grouped product subscriptions. Moreover, you can create and sell subscription products from your existing WooCommerce shop.
- This plugin is always compatible with WooCommerce and WordPress updates
- The support is excellent, with fast response time
- Fully compatible with payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, etc
- You can create multiple subscriptions in a single checkout
- Compatible with SUMO Reward Points and WPML
I hope this blog helps you out in setting up a WooCommerce subscription for your website. I have covered several top plugins that simplify the process of setting up subscription-based offers and ensure a smooth experience for the customers.
If you need clarification or have a question, please leave a comment below.
Bonus Tip: Signup on Cloudways managed WooCommerce hosting platform and get the 15% OFF for the first three months. (CODE: HOSTWOO)
Q. Can WooCommerce do subscriptions?
It is easy to set up a subscription-based business model through a WooCommerce store. Simply select a WooCommerce subscription plugin and create individual product pages for each offer.
Q. How do I set up a WooCommerce subscription?
First, you need to install a WooCommerce Subscription Plugin. Next, add a product and set the subscription type (simple or variable). Next, add product pricing and related subscription details (such as length, renewal, and payment options).
Q. What is the difference between a membership and a subscription?
A subscription-based model is a simple model with recurring payments as long as the customers continue to use the products or services. A membership-based business model could offer a subscription as well as a forum to discuss the issues and ideas with fellow members, and a chance to network and market.
Customer Review at
“Great performance for the price, and plenty of control”
Sean P [SMB Owner]
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at [email protected]