Do you need WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips solutions? Of course, you do!
Well, If you have an online WooCommerce store, you already know the value of maintenance and smooth store level processes. An important aspect of maintaining store level performance is prompt creation and generation of invoices for all customers.
In addition to being an important legal requirement for continuing business, invoices offer a parallel path of tracing customer transactions and setting up a comprehensive store level audit process. Creating PDF invoices is one of the most common store management scenarios where you need the help of a plugin to efficiently manage the process.
In this article, I am going to educate you about how you can use WooCommerce PDF invoices and how you can maintain your online invoices.
Do you want to launch your online WooCommerce store?
Try Cloudways for faster performance, managed security, and 24/7 support.
So, let’s begin!
- Best WooCommerce Invoice Plugins
- Installing WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- Premium Extensions
Best WooCommerce Invoice Plugins
Here’s a list of some of the best WooCommerce invoice plugins that will help you auto-generate invoice in PDF format.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices
- YITH WooCommerce PDF Invoice and Shipping List
- PDF Invoices (Premium)
- Woo Invoice (PDF Invoice and Packing Slip)
WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
This plugin allows any WooCommerce store owner to send out the PDF invoice to their customers automatically. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips is a great plugin for generating professional invoice emails and simplifying the invoicing process. The plugin is freemium with some good features in the free version. If you want the extra features, you need to buy the premium extension.
This plugin allows you to quickly generate PDF invoices automatically, adds the invoice to the order confirmation emails (based on a basic preset template) sent out to your customers.
- Generate emails and send them automatically to the customers
- Bulk invoice and PDF generation
- Download the invoices from the account page
- It’s available in different languages such as: Dutch, English, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Finnish, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish & Ukrainian
- Customize the email templates
If you want to go with premium extension, you can try out the following extensions:
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Professional
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips to Dropbox
- WooCommerce Automatic Order Printing
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Premium Templates
WooCommerce PDF Invoices
WooCommerce PDF Invoices allows you to quickly generate PDF invoices. The plugin generates invoices automatically, attaches it to WooCommerce email templates of your choice and send the PDF invoices to the customers’ Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or Egnyte.
- Attach invoice PDF to custom WooCommerce emails automatically
- Use a full customizable email template
- Available in multiple languages such as English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, etc
- Customize the shipping & billing address format to include additional custom fields, font sizes etc
- Easily download PDF invoices and packing slips from the order admin page
- Give custom titles and filenames to PDF documents
This is a freemium plugin so if you opt for the premium version, you get additional features including:
- Bulk PDF invoices
- Download and export bulk PDF invoices
- Change the styling of your PDF invoice template such as font, additional PDF files, etc.
YITH WooCommerce PDF Invoice and Shipping List
YITH WooCommerce PDF Invoice and Shipping List is a freemium plugin which generates PDF invoices for your orders automatically. In the free version, you can use some of the features of this plugin but if you want to use all the features, you need the premium version.
- Edit documents in the panel
- Create PDF invoices and shipping list documents from WooCommerce orders
- Easily customize templates
- Generate email templates, manually and automatically
The premium version of this plugin comes with additional features:
- Generate a pro-forma document
- Manage invoice generation
- Manage invoice numeration
- Generate packing slips
- Generate credit notes
- Customize document filename format
PDF Invoices (Premium)
PDF Invoices is the premium plugin by WooCommerce that automatically creates and attaches a fully customizable PDF invoice to the order completed or processing emails.
- Attach PDF to “New Order” email for admins
- Include your corporate logo in the PDF invoice
- Customize date format and invoice number format
- Set invoice number and download the invoice in order list
Woo Invoice (PDF Invoice and Packing Slip)
Woo Invoice is a premium plugin which allows you to customize email according to your requirements. This PDF invoice and packing slip plugin is easy to customize. Woo Invoice generates invoices automatically as soon as the orders are created.
- Customize PDF invoice slips according to your requirements
- Preview before printing the invoice
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce subscription and WPML
- Customize invoice number format
These are some great plugins that work equally well and extend the functionality of your WooCommerce store.
To illustrate the process of using a WooCommerce PDF invoice generator, I will use WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips as it is free and easy to use. You can pick any other plugin, if you want.
Now let’s move to the installation process!
Install WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
To download and install the plugin, navigate to WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New → search for ‘WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips’. Once found, click Install Now button and then activate the plugin.
Once successfully installed, a tab will appear in the WordPress dashboard. To view this, navigate to WooCommerce, and then click PDF Invoice. You will see something like:
Under this section, you can see the following tabs:
- General Settings
Let’s discuss these tabs.
Under this section, you can see a whole bunch of different options. You can either download the PDF directly or control how the document opens (same or different tab). You can also set the print size and the complete log and contact information of your store.
Here you can select the emails to which PDF documents would be attached. To illustrate this point, I have selected the option of attaching the PDF invoices to all the new emails sent out as admin email. This is a great option to set up and simplify your store invoicing processes.
You can also set other settings such as display shipping address, phone address, email address.
In this tab, you can set settings including legacy mode, calculating document numbers, enabling debug output, automatic cleanup, etc.
Generating an Invoice
To generate an invoice, go to WooCommerce > Order.
Click on an order and you can see the invoice in the right section of the screen.
In the Create PDF section, you can see the options for generating the PDF invoices and packing slips. Once generated, you can attach the invoice to customer-focused emails.
Now whenever a customer finalizes an order on your store, an email with the invoice gets generated and is sent directly sent to the customer. Here is a sample email with invoice:
If you think the volume of invoices on your store is huge enough, you can opt for the premium version that provides additional capabilities and features such as:
Premium PDF Invoice bundle
- Use this plugin in WPML multilingual setup
- Create advanced customizable template that involve elements such as price, taxes, thumbnails, etc.
- Customize billing and shipping formatting like font size, font weight, etc.
Payment Reminders to Your Customers
- Automatically send payment reminders to your customers
- Awesome text editor for the email text, including placeholders for data from the order (name, order total, etc)
- Fully compatible with WPML. The emails will be automatically sent in the language the order was placed.
- Integrates seamlessly with the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin
Send New Orders or Packing Slips
- Automatically send new orders and/or packing slips to the attached printer. You can also see the extension WooCommerce Automatic Order Printing.
Summing It Up!
By integrating WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips, you can easily generate and send out professional-looking invoices to your customers. There is a free version for users who wish to generate invoices without any expense. For users who wish to access advanced features, the premium extensions unlocks additional features and options.
Additionally, keep visiting our WordPress Blog as I will be adding more WordPress and WooCommerce resources in the coming weeks.
If you need to as a question about installing and integrating WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips, feel free to ask via the comments section below.
Your WooCommerce Store Needs A Reliable Host
With no compromise on Performance, Security & Support.
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at email@example.com