Optimizing your WooCommerce store for search engines, especially Google, is something you should not take lightly since it can affect natural referencing; hence your sales. Fortunately, one of the benefits of WooCommerce is its incredible number of plugins available, whether free or paid.
But can SEO plugins do all the work? Unfortunately, the answer is no! There are other factors, such as WooCommerce hosting with Varnish, can be opted for optimization. Although the goal here is only to help you choose the best WooCommerce SEO plugins that can improve various aspects of SEO but still (I would say) the optimization process is more complex than installing some plugins.
To return to our subject, there is a multitude of WooCommerce SEO plugins that can be used to properly optimize your store. Here are 7 best WooCommerce SEO plugins for store optimization that I personally tested on my own stores.
Let’s start our list!
- Yoast SEO
- All in One SEO Pack
- All In One Schema Rich Snippets
- WP Smushit
- Broken Link Checker
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
1. Yoast SEO
With over 5 million downloads and thousands of positive reviews, Yoast SEO is without a doubt one of the best SEO WordPress plugins available today. This plugin allows you to perform many on-site technical optimizations to improve the SEO of your website. It has a wide variety of features that make it an all-in-one plugin. Note that there is a premium version even if the free version is enough.
- Keyword Optimization
- Preview Page
- Readability Checker
- Full-control Over Breadcrumbs
- Duplicate Content Alert
- Technical Stuff in Background
- Updated Google Algorithm
- Internal Linking Suggestion
- Content Insights
- Redirect Manager
- Multisite Compatibility
- 1-year free 24/7 Support
2. All in One SEO Pack
Yoast SEO competitor, however, All in One SEO Pack is a little less complete than this one if you want to fine-tune your website. It is useful for WooCommerce beginners or those who do not want to take the head too much. Indeed, the advantage is that it works automatically and you will not need to touch the parameters too much for it to work properly.
- XML Sitemap Support
- Google Analytics Support
- Built-in API
- PHP 7 Compatible
- Social Meta
- File Editor
- Importer and Exporter
- Bad Bot Blocker
3. All In One Schema Rich Snippets
Another great plugin is All In One Schema Rich Snippets which provides you with a short summary of your website page in the search results of Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. This gives the user an overview of the entire content on the page.
- Optimize Content for Higher SERPs
- Improves Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Interactive Rich Snippets
- Display Information on Facebook Links
4. WP Smushit
If you have already built an ecommerce store then it was definitely a lot of images to upload. And in fact, they might take a time to load of your online store. To save from this disaster, you should seriously consider WP Smush.it plugin. It allows you to resize, optimize and compress all of your images without compromising on the image quality.
- Optimize Images Using Lossless Compression
- Compatible With Media Library Plugins
- Support JPG, JPEG, GIF, and PNG image files
- Optimize Images From the WordPress Directory
- WPML Media Translation Add-on
- Multisite Compatible
5. Broken Link Checker
Broken links are those that give 404 error on product pages which you have added in the past and have been taken down or the page does not exist anymore. Those links are not useful for search engines and they are seen as a negative point for your WooCommerce store. So it’s always a good idea for every month you should work and fix them using Broken Link Checker.
- Monitor Links in Pages, Posts, Comments, and Blogroll
- Easily Detects Links That Don’t Work
- Finds Missing Images and Redirections
- Makes Broken Links Display in Posts
- Send Notifications via Dashboard or by email
WP-Backlinks is a freemium WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to monitor new backlinks directly from your dashboard. By using this plugin, you can also monitor your competitors’ new backlinks. The price of the premium version is just $19.99 per month.
- Free: Monitor Blog Backlinks
- Free: Refresh Every 7 Days
- Premium: Monitor Blog Backlinks
- Premium: Refresh Every 24 hours
- Premium: 3 Competitors
- Premium: Priority Updates
- Premium: Cloud Protection
- Premium: Discount for Other Websites
7. Jetpack by WordPress.com
Jetpack is essential for WooCommerce beginners. Its free version includes a statistics tool, the automatic sharing of publications on social networks, and a “similar articles” function directing your readers to the articles of your choice. The optimization of SEO and SEA tools (AdSense, Facebook Ads) is included in the paid version.
This plugin also simplifies content production through easier media integration, as well as creating carousels and image mosaics.
- Free: Site stats and analytics
- Free: Auto-sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Reddit
- Free: Related posts
- Paid: Search engine optimization tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress
- Paid Advertising Program for AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo
SEO always has a stranglehold on all WooCommerce stores in the hope of getting the best place in search engine result pages (SERPs) while algorithms are constantly evolving. Although the algorithms cannot be in control, you can ensure that your online store is properly optimized using WooCommerce SEO plugin to achieve better search position.
Although it’s up to you to choose the best WooCommerce SEO plugins that’s right for you. Once installed and activated, all you have to do is configure it to start optimizing your web reference. But be careful! The installation of dozens of plugins is not recommended because it may significantly increase the loading speed of your store, a factor penalizing your SEO.
Start Creating Web Apps on Managed Cloud Servers Now!
Easy Web App Deployment for Agencies, Developers and E-Commerce Industry