You have just started up a new business and you want your WordPress website to inform your customers about your business location. For this purpose, you would need WordPress Google maps plugin as it can help you expand your business and draw more customers to your location.
Google Maps comes in handy in multiple ways, even if you don’t have your own website. It is a tool that uses satellite imagery to help customers locate your business with ease, incorporating defined routes and nearby landmarks from your starting position.
If your website is on WordPress optimized hosting, Google Maps plugin offers the best solution for map integration on your website. Find out what I have picked out for you in the category of free and paid Google Maps WordPress plugins. Hopefully, one of these can come in handy for your business.
|MapPress Maps for WordPress||4.5/5||90,000+|
|Maps Builder Pro||N/A||N/A|
|Cardinal Store Locator||N/A||N/A|
|GEO my WordPress||4.5/5||8,000+|
|Interactive Map Builder for WordPress||4/5||N/A|
|WP Store Locator||5/5||50,000+|
|WP Google Maps||4.5/5||400,000+|
|WordPress Google Maps by Google Maps Bank||4.5/5||2,000+|
|Advanced Store Locator for WordPress||4/5||N/A|
1. MapPress Maps for WordPress
MapPress is one of the most popular Google Maps WordPress plugins for adding an address to your website. By adding an interactive map, MapPress makes it easier for your customers to locate a specific business by using short-code integration. This allows you to include a map within a post. In MapPress, Google Maps can be embedded automatically before and after the post. Here is a list of some of the features that MapPress Easy Google Map has to offer.
- Based on the latest Google Maps API v3
- WordPress Multisite compatible
- Custom post types are supported
- Easily create maps right in the standard post edit and page edit screens
- Add markers for any address, place or latitude/longitude location, or drag markers where you want them
- Create custom text and HTML for the markers, including photos, links, etc.
- Street View supported
- Readers can get driving, walking and bicycling directions right in your blog; directions can be dragged to change waypoints or route
- Multiple maps can be created in a single post or page
- Real-time traffic
- New shortcodes with many parameters: “mapid” (to specify which map to show), “width” “height”, “zoom”, etc.
Programming API to develop your own mapping plugin
2. Maps Builder Pro
If you are an aspiring developer and want a flexible, fast and easy map plugin for creating potent Google Maps directly on your website, then Maps Builder Pro is your thing. Maps Builder Pro offers various outstanding features which can help you locate information and design maps dynamically. If you wish to host an online conference and you want your visitors to be updated about the happenings in your surroundings, Map Builder Pro is made for you.
- Adding your location on a map through a drop-down menu and adding your info
- Indicating schools, bus stops, and other addresses via Google Places.
- Offering icon based custom markers for your feasibility.
- Visual Map Builder
- Impressive Marker Info windows
- Multiple Map Types
- Google Place Integration
- Snazzy Map Integration
- Easy “Drop a Marker” Creation
- Mobile Responsive Maps
- Basic & Advanced Widgets
- Routes & Direction
- Import & Export
- Custom Markers & Marker Clustering
3. Cardinal Store Locator
Based on the jQuery Store Locator plugin, Cardinal Store Locator is an effective Google Maps WordPress plugin for your website. Embedded with a fully functional locator, it has all related features from the jQuery Store Locator Plugin Plus with an additional feature of adding location as a custom post. Moreover, the tool contains taxonomy based filtering for advanced searching. One good thing about using Cardinal Store Locator is its exquisite design that enables even non-developers to customize maps as well.
- Live Category Filtering
- Add location to new and existing custom post types
- Retrieve location data from KML, XML or JSON on local or remote servers
- Interface with coordinates meta fields
- Drop down menus
- Custom Map Styling
- Custom Markers & Origin Markers
- Inline Direction from Source to Destination
- Miles/Kilometers as a unit of length
- Four Map Types
4. GEO My WordPress
Searching for the perfect geographical solution for your WordPress website? One answer: GEO My WordPress plugin. This geo-location plugin helps you to add locations to your posts and pages with just a few clicks. The advanced search option is diverse and helps individuals to add radius values, units, and custom taxonomies for different post types. Here are some of the features that geo-location tool has to offer for WordPress.
- Works with every post type for adding location
- Works with BuddyPress for adding location
- Search feature incorporates search facility by a city, zip code and custom type addresses
- Embedded auto locator identify user’s current location and specify nearby locations
- Radius scalability
- Custom taxonomies
- Provide exact driving distance and provide search feature by kilometers or miles
- “Get Directions” link pops open in a new window
5. Interactive Map Builder for WordPress
Are you a blogger and you’re wishing to integrate your business location details with a map on your blog post? Interactive Map Builder for WordPress is the plugin you require. With Interactive Map Builder 2.1, you can now create interactive maps for your blog. It comes with an extensive set of configuration features to give you the desired feel for your website.
- Fast and Easy Clickable SVG Maps
- Three Different Display Modes
- Customizable Templates
- Wide Range of Maps at Global Scale
- Border Resolutions
- Font Changeability Feature
One thing that differentiates Interactive Map Builder from other Map Builders for WordPress is its diversified styling features. This feature enables you to change:
- Background color of the map
- Height and width
- Border width and color
- Marker size and opacity
- Marker and region colors
- Tooltip styling
6. WP Store Locator
A good website is vital to business success. WP Store Locator is a dedicated plugin that offers accurate location information. It helps users to gather addressing details specifically to your point of delivery and related services. With this relevant tool, you can determine locations more effectively.
- Active support
- Regular updates
- Supports for add-ons
- Multiple countries and locations focus
- International language support
- Supports unique map marker and maker
- Map type selections
- Zooming, showing, hiding, miles/kilometers denominator
- Pull down list
- Local search track
7. WP Google Maps
WP Google Maps is one of the most extensive map plugins on WordPress that is widely used by a large number of users. Thanks to its comprehensive and user-friendly interface, it is one of the most downloaded map integration plugins on WordPress. It comes with a free version offering limited features. Moreover, it has a premium add-on that unlocks additional features. It is available in a variety of different languages with custom Google Maps, detailed markers and a great support team. More than 200,000 websites have integrated the WP Google Maps plugin for their use.
- Custom Markers
- Unlimited Maps
- Marker Listing
- Store Locator
- Amazing Support
- Unlimited Markers
- Zoom feature
- Customizable Custom Markers
- Quick Email Support
8. WordPress Google Maps by Google Maps Bank
Another free plugin of our selection is Google Maps Bank – Easy Google Maps. This plugin allows you to customize maps of Google Maps by adding more than 800 different markers, icons. You can only build two maps and add five different markers with the free version, but this should already be enough for most of if you only need a presentation card of your company.
9. Advanced Store Locator for WordPress
When we develop sites under WordPress, we are often confronted with the request of customers wishing to display their networks of stores or resellers. Advanced Store Locator is one of those plugins that will save you time when you too will have this type of request.
This Gmaps plugin for WordPress will allow you to easily manage a list of stores or retailers locatable on a map Gmaps, with the ability to display all the information related to these outlets. Advanced Store Locator will also allow you to offer your visitors the opportunity to search for the nearest point of sale through a postal code or address.
Of course, no need to know the latitude and longitude of all your points of sale, this plugin will do it for you.
Now, Which One to Choose?
I hope this article proves useful for those who are searching for the best Google Maps WordPress plugins for their websites. Find the right plugin for your website which fits best for your needs. I personally recommend MapPress Easy Google Map Plugin and WP Google Maps for WordPress users for their dynamic features and functionality.
Passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, and marketing, Mansoor Ahmed Khan is in computing since he knows how to type on a keyboard. His daily life is rocked by his family, projects, and his screen. Probably in this order, he likes to be convinced at least.
Start Growing with Cloudways Today!
We never compromise on performance, security, and support.