Strip down any website to its absolute core and you will find an idea; an idea of a medium that allows brands and their consumers to communicate with each other. But if the communication between a service provider and a potential client isn’t swift and satisfactory, then it defeats the whole purpose. If you’re running a WordPress website, contact form plugins can prove to be very useful when it comes to addressing that particular concern. Contact forms make it much simpler and easier for your customers to get in touch with you, and creating one isn’t that hard either. With WordPress, all you’re going to need is a suitable plugin.
There is no shortage of contact form plugins out there. With 1625+ WordPress Contact plugins to choose from, the market truly presents us with an embarrassment of riches. But not all of these plugins are worth your time, or at least, equally worth. So, in order to save your time, we spent hours and came up with this article.
Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins In 2018
Here we are going to take a look at the WordPress top 5 contact form plugins on the market and highlights their pros and cons.
1. Contact Form 7
The oldest and most downloaded Contact Form 7 plugin in the official WordPress plugin directory has over three millions active installs to boast of. WordPress Contact Form 7 comes equipped with a ready-made form making it extremely beginner-friendly. Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, and Akismet spam filtering is all supported by the form. If a basic contact form with plenty of field options is what you’re after! Contact Form 7 just may be the perfect choice for you.
- Contact Form 7 is totally free and you can install it on an unlimited number of sites. There is a bunch of free third-party plugins that act as add-on plugins for Contact Form 7.
- The plugin comes with the ability to manage multiple contact forms.
- It allows you to flexibly customize the form and the email contents with simple markup.
- The plugin also offers a wide variety of form field options such as check boxes, drop-down menus, reCAPTCHA, radio buttons, and more.
- Finding add-ons to extend the functionality of the base plugin may end up taking some time due to the lack of an add-ons directory on the official plugin website.
- The latest releases have had to deal with some bugs.
2. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin for WordPress that is packed with a variety of features. The capability of this plugin goes far beyond just contact form functionality. The plugin can be used to create subscription forms, surveys, or virtually anything else that can be done through a web form. The ability to create highly interactive forms with minimum effort makes Ninja Forms one of most popular choice on the market.
- You can download and install the base plugin of Ninja Forms on as many sites as you want completely free of charge.
- The premium version will unlock additional customization options for you including the ability to send out specific email notifications once forms are submitted.
- Google reCAPTCHA, question/response fields, and honeypot fields are some of the available anti-spam options.
- Beginners may find the user interface to be a little confusing due to its highly customizable nature.
- According to several users, their support system leaves a lot to be desired.
WPForms has been able to pull off the trick of having a bunch of features and a nice and simple user interface at the same time. The free version, WPForms Lite, comes with limited functionality. However, the premium version is loaded with useful features such as smart conditional logic, the ability to collect payments, better spam protection, and more. If you’re willing to spend some extra bucks for a plugin that’s easy to use and doesn’t require any coding skills, then you can consider WPForms.
- WPForms automatically blocks spam submissions.
- This plugin is great for sales, donations as it includes online payments via PayPal.
- Dozens of pre-built templates also allow for speeding things up.
- WPForms look great on all kinds of devices be it a mobile, tablet, laptop or a desktop since it’s a 100% mobile responsive contact form solution.
- You can always turn to email support if you face any issues. Documentation and guides are also available.
- In the pursuit of making WPForms as user-friendly as possible, some of the more complex features that some other form plugins offer have not been included on this one.
- The lite version has extremely limited functionality and the premium version may seem expensive to many.
Team Themeisle has created a nice and user-friendly WordPress contact form plugin called PiratesForms. It comes with an easy interface that does a commendable job of creating simple contact forms. You can use the [pirate_forms] shortcode or use the WordPress contact form widget to create a contact form. Pirate Forms also has a very impressive and meticulous customizing ability that makes it even more appealing.
- Basic features that you need to create a simple contact form such as CAPTCHA and SMTP can all be found on Pirate Forms.
- The premium version offers time-saving features like the ability to create multiple forms, MailChimp integration, and custom fields.
- Provides contact databases store all the contacts in an archive by saving e-mail addresses.
- Comparing to other top-notch form plugins, it offers a very limited number of add-ons.
- Due to the plugin being focused on simple contact forms, some advanced functionalities such as subscription forms, payment integrations that other plugins offer are missing on this one.
weForms is the newest addition to the contact form market. It is developed by weDevs, the company that created popular plugins like Dokan, WP User Frontend, WP Project Manager, WP ERP and so on. It is a fast and user-friendly form builder that aims to resolve many issues faced by current users.
- The free version offers a host of useful and advanced features that are not available with the existing alternatives.
- All the data and settings from contact form can be migrated easily to weForms.
- It comes with four cost efficient pro packages.
- All actions are performed within a single page, so creating forms feels super fast.
- It comes with the strong front-end framework and features of WP User Frontend.
- It is still in advanced development phase, so few of the integrations seem incomplete.
It is a no brainier that you should use contact forms in your site for effective user engagement. All the WordPress plugins we have discussed here can help you out with that. Which one is the best option for you ultimately depends on your needs and budget. There was a time when opting for a free plugin meant compromising on features and functionalities. But with smart form plugins like weForms entering the market, now the users can afford to be pickier and more hassle free than before.