Managing cloud of any organization isn’t an easy job to do. However, the concept of cloud computing has emerged as a service rather than a product or commodity to be sold. Thus, it requires ample expertise and skill sets to manage it efficiently and smoothly.
Keeping aforementioned factors in mind several service providers offer cloud management services to such organizations in order to help them concentrate on other business aspects rather than focusing on managing their software and hardware related issues. Not only do they offer lucrative and competent cloud management solutions to them, but also help them overcome with its burden.
To highlight the role of Managed Cloud Service providers in a transparent fashion, let us first understand in which segments they provide their services. The basic foundation of managing a cloud depends upon three major factors. These factors comprise of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service). Let us brief about each one of them individually.
Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS: focus upon management of servers, storage, bandwidth, hardware and its related networking components.
Software as a Service or SaaS: This particular segment enables one to ease out their work by managing the installation part of whatever software tools they might be using for running their daily operational activities on CMS like WordPress, Laravel or Magento SaaS.
Platform as a Service or PaaS: Platform means basis on which the coding of software is done. For example .net and Java platforms based on which several software applications are made.
Managed Cloud Service Providers: Offering Remunerative Ways of Business Expansion
- Now, a managed cloud service provider would be responsible to manage all of the activities by being paid for it. Most of the IaaS service providers are paid as per pay-as-you-go basis. Apart from all this, cloud managed service providers help organizations manage issues like improved scalability, round the clock cloud monitoring and migrating data from one place to a server located at a distant place and assuring them 100 percent security guarantee as well as better coordination amongst their team members.
- Perhaps, when we talk about managed cloud services or their relations to three important segments like IaaS, SaaS and PaaS, we basically lay our emphasis on the virtualization of computers. This means, one can access or share any kind of information without the hassle of installing or implementing it on a computer desktop. In such a scenario no hard disks are required as everything is directly accessed from the web that acts as one big cloud.
- Even though, outsourcing your infrastructure through IaaS can be an excellent opportunity for businesses to setup their own cloud datacenter, hiring knowledgeable and professional man force becomes a must activity for organizations to concentrate upon core business requirements.
- Ease out all your business handling issues and let your cloud manager do the job for you. If you think your cost of hardware and software installation would come down to a good percentage by availing managed cloud services, you probably are thinking right. Although, cloud computing has left behind many questions unanswered in terms of organizational cost-cutting, it certainly has brought about drastic changes by making the work environment of an organization coordinated.
- Moreover, MCS or Managed Cloud Services is boon to SMBs i.e small and medium scale business enterprises as well for enhancing their future business prospects.
- Additional responsibility of managed cloud services is that they allow organizations to concentrate on other business strategies that would help in making them market leaders. Organizations can also enjoy monetary benefits and can expand their roots across the globe, while also building a strong customer base.
If you’ve got an overall idea about what cloud computing managers do, nothing can be more beneficial and opportunistic for your company to move ahead in lead leaving all the hurdles like storing and securing data in your computer systems and servers behind.
Significance of Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS in Managed Cloud Computing
Infrastructure as a Service holds a sound importance in managing the cloud of an organization. Nevertheless, it is a process in which a business entity outsources its infrastructure to a managed cloud service provider who in return would maintain, run and house an organization’s operations for scaling up its production levels as well as up time.
Follow CloudWays on Twitter for all the updates.