Much like any other agency, SEO agencies comprise numerous departments and functions, housed with people from a variety of professional backgrounds. Each department has its own specific needs for automation and time-saving tools, especially as there’s no lack of data-driven and analytical tasks at SEO agencies. It can be difficult to keep track of tasks like link building, competitive analysis, backlinking, and analytics monitoring.
Automation tools and software come to the rescue of harried SEO professionals here, helping your agency handle time, people, and workload management in the SEO context. From HR to content marketing and more, this article breaks down the important functions of an SEO agency, and curates a list of the best SEO agency software to serve your clients more effectively.
Ahrefs is all-round SEO agency software that offers services in the realm of keyword research, link building, competitor analysis (Here: This feature comes in handy when you’re doing competitor analysis.) and rank tracking. Ahrefs crawls the internet 24/7 to check on new live websites, storing petabytes of information about those websites.
Here are a few noteworthy features of this tool:
- Keywords Explorer: The Keywords Explorer is a feature that shows you keyword ideas, along with their organic traffic and ranking difficulty.
- Site Explorer: Through the Site Explorer you can analyze any website’s organic traffic, backlinks and paid traffic.
- Site Audit: Through Site Audit, you can check your website’s on-page SEO and analyze it for possible issues.
- Lite: $99/month
- Standard: $179/month
- Advanced: $399/month
- Agency: $999/month
2. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool is a free and one of the best SEO software for agencies, which generates long-tail keywords for any topic with Google Autocomplete – Google’s search feature that offers topic-related search suggestions.
Here’s what Keyword Tool does:
- It pulls keywords from more than 190 Google domains.
- It uses more than 80 Google language interfaces to give you keyword suggestions.
- It provides accurate cost-per-click and search volumes for all global keywords.
- Keyword Tool: Free
- Keyword Tool Pro Basic: $69/month
- Keyword Tool Pro Plus: $79/month
- Keyword Tool Pro Business: $159/month
3. KWFinder by Mangools
KWFinder is an SEO software for agencies which helps create paid search campaigns. This tool provides a list of keywords based on their search volumes, cost per click, and search difficulty.
Although KWFinder is a great tool, it is most effective for high volume keywords in high volume markets. You may find that data for niche specific, low volume keywords to be less reliable.
Nevertheless, the tool offers some great features like:
- Keyword Look-Up: This primary feature offers a number of indications like Trend, CPC and Search for any particular keyword that you search for.
- Domain Look-Up: With Domain Look-Up, you can explore the keywords of other websites. This feature comes in handy when you’re doing competitor analysis.
- List Creation: Here you can break down your main keyword list and divide it into custom sub-lists to help you with your keyword research.
- Mangools Basic: $29/month
- Mangools Premium: $39/month
- Mangools Agency: $79/month
Major organizations across the marketing industry use Moz. Moz’s Link Explorer Tool is highly recommended for tracking and managing links for your clients. It’s one of the best SEO software for agencies and with a whopping number of 40.7 trillion links in its database, you can easily find the perfect backlinking opportunities for your client websites using the Link Intersect feature.
Here are some cool features that this tool offers:
- Research Competitor Backlinks: This feature allows you analyze your competitor’s link profiles and see how they’re getting their links.
- Link Intersect: With this tool, you can find opportunities that are linking with your competitors but not you.
- Domain Authority Checker: The DA Checker lets you keep track of metrics like Domain Authority, Page Authority and Spam Score.
- Standard: $99/month
- Medium: $179/month
- Large: $249/month
- Premium: $599/month
Link-Assistant is one of the top SEO agency software that you can use to find thousands of relevant backlinks. The tool crawls around 7.1 billion pages on a daily basis, ensuring that you get reliable results each and every time.
Here are some awesome feature that the Link-Assistant tool offers:
- Finding Link Partners: Through this feature, Link-Assistant finds link submission forms of relevant link-sharing partners, locates websites using your keywords, and suggests new keywords.
- Complete Control of Emails: Link-Assistant finds email addresses of potential link partners and allows you to send out emails from the platform directly.
- Link Directory: Link-Assistant creates link directories that contrast with your website’s design. You can customize this link directory and organize your link partners into different categories as well.
- Professional: $149
- Enterprise: $349
The best part about BuzzSumo is that it’s not just confined to finding high performing articles that you can use for link building. It also offers several other features to help you find influencers for your niche and come up with content ideas.
Some features of BuzzSumo include:
- Content Discovery: Uncover content ideas using topics, analyzing trends and researching forums.
- Content Research: BuzzSumo will scan millions of articles and give you important insights related to their social engagements, traffic and other important metrics that you can use for link building.
- Find Influencers: This feature searches for the best influencers related to your niche present on some major social platforms like Instagram, Twitter and the web.
- Pro: $99/month
- Plus: $179/month
- Large: $299/month
SEMrush is a powerful tool for analyzing your competitors. This SEO agency software lets you analyze any website by showing their top pages, backlinks, competitors and several other important metrics like their organic traffic and top-ranking keywords.
Being one of the best SEO software for agencies, it offers some amazing features like:
- Position Tracker: Track the positions of your keywords, analyze local competitors and categorize your keywords using tags.
- On-Page SEO Checker: As the name suggests, the on-page SEO checker feature checks your website’s on-page SEO and compares it to how your competitor websites are performing.
- Keyword Alerts: This feature is super helpful because it sends out an alert every time a keyword drops by a few numbers or leaves the top 10 positions.
- Pro: $119.95/month
- Guru: $229.95/month
- Business: $449.95/month
2. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is another great all-in-one SEO agency software that comes packed with all the necessary tools to carry out tasks like keyword research, website SEO audit, and competitive analysis.
Although SE Ranking is a SEO software, you can also use it for social media management, scheduling posts on your pages, and analyzing key social media metrics.
Here are some features of this all-in-one SEO package:
- Website Audit: This feature checks your entire website against some pre-set SEO parameters and offers suggestions on fixing any issues that might come up.
- Backlink Checker: The Backlink Checker helps in prioritizing your back-linking opportunities, and analyzes your competitors’ backlinks.
- Competitor Research: This tool can be used to identify your competitors’ keyword strategy for paid and organic search, including their Google Ads history.
- Essential: $31/month
- Pro: $71/month
- Business: $151/month
SpyFu is a great search marketing tool that can assist your agency with all digital marketing related tasks, including SEO. It comes with a sufficient number of tools that can tackle almost every important SEO related task that your company might have to do.
What makes SpyFu so unique is that it offers features that can easily be compared to those offered by Ahrefs and SEMrush, but it does so at incredibly affordable prices.
Some great SEO features that SpyFu offers are:
- Domain Search: With this feature you can search up any domain and see where it ranks in Google, what keywords your competitors have purchased on AdWords, and their organic rankings in the past nine years.
- Monitoring Tools: These tools help monitor competitor websites and analyze their SEO rankings on a number of search engines.
- Smart Recommendations: This feature sends out recommendations which drives more traffic towards AdWords and SEO campaigns of your businesses.
- Basic: $39/month
- Professional: $79/month
- Team: $299/month
You don’t just need SEO for agencies, you also have a lot of other responsibilities for your clients as well. For content marketing, Uberflip can be a great choice. It is a content experience platform that allows you to manage your content and create digital experiences for your target audience. These digital experiences include how your audience will interact with the content being presented to them and how it will be related to your brand’s identity.
Uberflip has divided the content experiences into different categories, like Email, Paid Ads, Social Media, SEO and Events. So depending on which category you’re planning a content strategy for, Uberflip will give you personalized content options to choose from.
Below are some features that will help you in serving your clients’ content marketing needs:
- Personalized content experiences: You can easily personalize your content, create campaigns, and publish them according to your needs.
- Content recommendations: The platform also creates AI-powered content recommendations which will automatically gauge buyers’ attention.
- Analytics: The platform also identifies the good and bad performing campaigns according to how your audience is interacting with it.
- The Uberflip website does not disclose pricing. You’ll have to contact them to get a quote for their services.
Contently is a top content management platform designed primarily for SEO agencies. It seamlessly integrates with all the major marketing applications like MailChimp, Google Suite, and others while giving you the power to create detailed content strategies for different audience personas.
What makes Contently stand out from other content marketing software is that it easily allows you to collaborate with content publishers, communicate with them, manage payments and generate reports as well.
Some features that you can employ with Contently include:
- Data-driven content strategy: Using the content strategy feature, you can create individual strategies based on your audiences and valuable, SEO-driven insights.
- Content value tracker: This feature is a new addition to the Analytics Suite which helps you determine the worth of your organic website traffic and identify your content’s ROI.
- Premium creative network: Apart from a great platform, you also get access to a global network where you can connect and collaborate with other marketers, publishers and videographers.
- Monthly: $1000 – $25000
ClearVoice sets itself apart from other content marketing platforms by letting you outsource your content creation to a huge team of more than 25,000 freelancers. You can create a team of freelance editors, videographers, writers and designers for your SEO agency and serve clients using this platform.
Its uniqueness lies in the fact that ClearVoice can be of great help if you have extra work for your agency’s teams that you’re looking to outsource to an external writer or designer.
Here are some awesome ClearVoice features:
- Collaborative workflows: This feature of the platform increases collaboration by letting all team members review, edit and collaborate on each other’s content tasks.
- Talent network search: This is where you can add new team members by searching for talent according to your needs, viewing their CVs, and contacting them.
- Dashboard: This feature shows you your content strategy’s picture in its entirety. You can see what’s performing and what’s not, check messages, and create campaign schedules.
- Standard Plan: $249/month
- Pro Plan: $749/month
- Managed Plan: $1449/month
Website Performance Management
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform that lets you choose a server for your website and run it on one of five top hosting providers. The Application Performance Monitoring function of Cloudways is an amazing website performance management tool that will help you keep track of all the important website metrics.
Here are some amazing features it offers:
- Traffic: This feature of the APM tool gives you key statistics about traffic, bot traffic, IP requests and many other important related metrics for your website.
- Database: The APM also provides details on currently-running SQL queries and how long they’ve been running for. This is a great feature for client websites that have large databases.
- Disk usage: This shows the amount of storage being used by a particular application to run your website. You can use this for analysis and prioritizing application usage.
- Monthly: $10 – $225 (depending on server & application)
GTmetrix is a popular tool for keeping track of your website performance. Using this platform, you can analyze how your clients’ websites are performing and what changes you can suggest or make.
Here are some features that GTmetrix offers:
- Slow Speed Notifications: If you set up an alert, you will get notified every time your website speed falls below a certain level along with a detailed report.
- Global Test Locations: With around 22 global test locations, you can check how your pages are performing in different parts of the world.
- Performance Tracking: This feature consists of all that you need for tracking website performance.
- Basic: Free
- Solo: $10/month
- Starter: $20/month
- Growth: $40/month
Awarded the number one spot on the Main Top 50 List for 2 consecutive years, it’s safe to say that Uptrends is an outstanding platform for website performance management and tracking.
With features like Uptrend’s 1-minute monitoring, you can always stay aware of your website’s performance and stay ahead of any issues that might occur.
Some features that make Uptrends such an amazing web performance management tool are:
- Location-based Insights: With over 227 monitoring checkpoints around the world, you can easily identify the origin of your website performance problems.
- Reporting: In just a few clicks, you can access in-depth website performance reports which can also be easily shared with your team members.
- Scheduled Maintenance: You can’t be around all the time, but you can still schedule daily maintenance runs on your website to avoid any unforeseen problems.
- Starter: $15.47/month
- Business: $21.59/month
- Enterprise: $51.58/month
Reporting and Analytics Software
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the best software that you can use at your SEO agency. This incredible analytics tool will track your website’s social, organic, affiliate traffic along with a bunch of other important metrics.
Here’s what Google Analytics can do for your agency:
- Campaign Management: This tracking feature will analyze the amount of traffic a particular campaign is bringing to your website.
- Goals: The goals feature tracks your website’s conversions, which is the most important metric of all. You can analyze your visitors’ behavior and see how they interact with your website through this feature.
- Audience Reports: This feature gives you a colorful representation of your audience demographics, geo-location and interests.
- Standard: Free
Launched in 2014, Alexa is one of the latest but also the most popular website analytics tools out there. Whether it’s content research or SEO analysis, Alexa offers everything. And with a Google Chrome extension, it makes website tracking and analyzing even easier.
Some features that you get with Alexa are:
- Website Traffic Statistics: Statistics like Alexa Rank, referral sources, engagement metrics all can be obtained through this one feature.
- SEO Keyword Opportunities: With this feature, Alexa also serves as an incredible SEO agency software and helps you find top-performing keywords, competitor keywords and other important pieces of information that will help you rank better.
- Audience Insights: Audience Insights gives you a glance of what interests your audience, what pages they interact with and what keywords they search for.
- Free Trial: 14 days
- Essentials: $99/month
- Advanced: $149/month
- Advanced High Traffic: $799/month
3. My Web Audit
My Web Audit is an all-in-one software that lets you create detailed audit reports, ready to be shared with your clients and prospects. From on-page SEO audits to ecommerce website audits, this app extracts all the details and provides you in-depth audit reports.
Here are some amazing features that are offered by My Web Audit:
- With just one click, you can get details on 40 important website factors.
- A browser extension makes it even faster and easier to analyze a site
- Easy to customize templates which optimized for desktop, phones and tablets
- Starter: $40/month
- Pro: $70/month
- Agency: $200/month
Scalable Hosting For Agencies
Focus on your agency’s growth and let Cloudways take care of your hosting hassles!
BambooHR is an all-in-one HR software that streamlines all HR-related tasks of your SEO agency. This tool takes care of all aspects of HR from maintaining and analyzing data to onboarding new employees and managing compensations.
Here are some features that make BambooHR one of the most popular software in the world:
- Centralized Employee Database: This tool features an interactive database that integrates with several other software. It consists of employee details, and it updates automatically every time some information is added.
- Employee Self-Service: This feature makes the job of your HR teams easier. With the employee self-service features, people can access their PTOs, tax documents and other employee-related information by themselves.
- HR Reporting: Creating reports can be a hassle. With HR Reporting you can quickly and easily create reports on employee performance, absences and several other parameters.
- For Pricing Packages: BambooHR offers packages based on their client’s needs, you can visit their website and contact them for prices.
ApplicantStack is a full-scale HR platform that helps businesses in reaching out to candidates, sending out automated emails and ultimately hiring them. You can save time and track hundreds of applications easily by using a HR Hiring Software, all in a single platform.
Below are some product-based features of ApplicantStack:
- AS Recruit: This is a web-based tracking tool for hiring teams. They can use this to track applicants, and manage the entire online hiring process.
- AS Onboard: This feature can be used to enhance your company’s onboarding process. From creating hiring checklists, to managing pre-onboarding paperwork, you can do it all with this feature.
- Email Templates: There are many different email templates available on the platform that are effective and can be used immediately to speed up the hiring process.
- Recruit: $95/month
- Onboard: $95/month
- Bundle: $135/month
Zenefits offers an all-in-one platform and takes away all your HR related worries. With this platform, your HR teams can automate their daily tasks and focus more on serving your people.
Using Zenefits, you can set automated workflows for your teams and since it integrates with Google Suite, Slack and Salesforce very easily, you can also provide new accounts using this platform to all your newly on boarded employees.
Zenefits comes with some amazing features like:
- Employee Management: With this feature, employees can update their information from any place and device without ever needing the help from an HR team member.
- Documents Management: Documenting is hard, but this feature makes it easy, letting you store all your important worker and company documents safely with Zenefits.
- Mobile Application: Zenefits has a mobile application for Apple and Android. This takes accessibility and ease to a whole new level for your HR team as well as other employees.
- Essentials: $8/month/employee
- Growth: $14/month/employee
- Zen: $21/month/employee
Ecommerce Hosting CTA
An SEO agency requires more than just an SEO agency software to be run effectively. Payments form a big part of the whole SEO agency operation and there should be an efficient payment gateway for your clients and Stripe is one of them. With an all-in-one platform for everything related to payments, Stripe will make client-handling a lot easier for you.
Here are some features that Stripe offers:
- Customer Interfaces: Using this feature, you can create a personalized checkout experience for your clients. Contrasting with your business, you can create checkout pages that will work on multiple browsers and all kinds of devices.
- Payment Options: On Stripe, payment options are plenty. It accepts all major debit and credit cards, bank transfers and even has the option for wallet payments.
- Stripe Dashboard: Using this dashboard, you can manage all your clients, their payments, claims and disputes.
- Stripe charges their prices depending on the type of services you’re availing. You can visit their website for more details.
2. PayPal (Payflow)
PayPal is the most commonly used payment gateway. Payments through PayPal are accepted in around 200 countries so integrating this with your SEO agency website will make client payments a lot faster and easier.
Some amazing features that PayPal offers are:
- PayPal Manager: PayPal Manager is an online account management dashboard which has all the necessary information regarding your finances.
- Mobile-Optimized Checkout: This feature will add the option of making payments through smartphones, giving your clients an additional way to make payments, easily.
- Low Rate: Compared to most other payment gateways, PayPal offers an extremely low rate of $0.10 per transaction.
- Payflow Link: Free
- Payflow Pro: $25/month
3. 2Checkout (Verifone)
2Checkout is also quite popular in the payment gateways industry. Available in around 87 countries it offers support to all major credit and debit cards. With its seamless payment API, you can easily integrate it as a payment system on your SEO agency website.
Some features that 2Checkout offers are:
- 2Checkout Nexus: Using this feature you can add personal brand elements and enhance the buying experience for your clients.
- Customer Management: The 2Checkout API offers amazing customer management options. Using a single interface, you can view your customers, their subscription data and get insights about their payment history.
- Global Acceptance: The 2Checkout API will work with all major payment methods and can accept payments in over 100 different currencies.
- 2Checkout offers different packages on a per successful sale basis. You can visit their website for more details.
A research by Computer World suggests that companies who shift to SaaS solutions are able to reduce their IT spending by more than 15%. SaaS tools make it easier for people to run their SEO agency with the least amount of hassle since they focus on analytics and automation.
The SEO agency software and tools mentioned above are some of the best options available in terms of providing great results, automating business processes and increasing collaboration within teams. Using the tools above, you can create the perfect software mix for your agency and reap the amazing benefits.
Q1. What is SEO software?
SEO software refers to tools that help you manage, track and analyze data related to your website’s performance on various search engines like Google and Bing.
Q2. What tools do SEO agencies use?
There are many different tools and SEO software for agencies. Some common tools that SEO agencies use are link building tools, keyword research tools, competitive analysis tools and many more.
Q3. What are some of the top SEO agency software?
Some of the top SEO agency software include Ahrefs, KWFinder and Moz.
Customer Review at
“Great performance for the price, and plenty of control”
Sean P [SMB Owner]
Shoaib is a passionate digital marketer who believes creativity is everything. His interests lie in content, digital marketing and he loves to help agency and ecommerce business owners in growing and expanding their businesses. In his free time, Shoaib loves to play football or binge-watch some interesting shows on Netflix.