When you set up a store, you find yourself in the midst of myriad pricing woes. Just like WooCommerce makes a perfect base for your ecommerce store, Dynamic Pricing plugin comes up with a perfect solution for all of your pricing requirements.
In this article, I will review the Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin by XAdapter with every detailed information you are required to have before using the plugin.
What Is Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugin?
Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugin is a WooCommerce extension that provides its users the ability to effortlessly implement dynamic prices and discounts at various levels – product, combination, category, and cart. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing is one of the best plugins that enables its users to work with all the dynamic pricing and discount features without the need for any complexity.
The plugin enables users to effortlessly create complex rules involving discount types of percentage and flat. The user can even dynamically set a new price replacing the regular or the sales price. Along with the usual features expected from a dynamic pricing plugin, this plugin has some unique features, about which I will talk in the next section.
Which Features You Can Expect From the Plugin?
Along with the following usual features:
- Discount based on User Roles.
- Discount based on the date of purchase. Option to set up discount expiry date.
- Discount types can be either “Percentage”, “Flat” or “Fixed Price”.
- Buy & Get Free offers can be set up.
- Discount based on category.
- Discount based on cart parameters.
- Pricing table is displayed on the product page.
It has the following unique features:
- The pricing and discounts rules can be broadly set under– “Product Rules”, “Category Rules”, “Combinational Rules”, “Category Combinational rules”, “Cart rules” and “Buy and Get Free(offers)”. This detailed classification has made this plugin much easier to setup and less confusing while deciding which rules should go under which tab.
- An option to automatically add the free product in the cart in case a product qualifies for the BOGO rule.
- Setting up recurring rules is much simpler. You can just mention the rule number that is required to be repeated in the required field of the settings page.
- An option to enable or disable any of the rule types (Product rules, cart rules etc.)
- Rules can be set up based either “Quantity”, “Price” or “Weight”.
- An “Adjustment” option which can be used in a number of ways. For example –while excluding 1 unit of the product from following a discount rule.
- There’s an option to setup a “Maximum Discount” value, in case you would want to restrict the discount to a certain value.
- Any product can be excluded from following a rule using an add-on
- Import/Export is one of the unique features of this plugin. In case of a huge number of rules, migration from one website to another can get real challenging without this feature. Secondly, if for some reason the user wants to delete all the rules and keep a backup, this feature would be invaluable.
- Offer Table feature. This feature is great in terms of displaying all the available discount options to the customers.
- Pricing format is customizable for variable products by using an add-on.
- The free version is equipped with all the basic features and is apt for small businesses. What’s best is that we provide amazing support even to the free version users.
Give Me Examples of Some Real Business Cases?
1. Discounting per item except for the first item in the cart. Using the “Adjustment” setting of the plugin, we could provide a solution to this feature.
2. Selling of digital products in conjunction with a physical product. Using the BOGO feature of the Dynamic Pricing plugin, a solution could be provided for this which enabled the customer to add the required physical product to the cart which a virtual product has been selected. A detailed article on the same is given here – WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Offer discounts for different combinations of categories
3. Giving discounts based on the combination of the categories of the items in the cart. When a customer faced problems while using “Combinational rules” for his large number of products, they introduced the “Category Combinational rule”. Here’s a detailed article on this – WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Offer discounts for a different combination of categories.
4. Besides, the above solutions, there are two useful add-ons.
- 1st add-on is used in order to exclude a product from following a rule. This add-on comes handy while excluding one product from the rule setup for its category. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Excluding products from rules
- 2nd add-on is used to alter the pricing format for variable products. In place of the default price range, a user might want to give” Starting from $…”. This add-on would be useful in such cases. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Altering price HTML for variable products
What Are the Drawbacks?
- Pricing table can be displayed only for product rules and only if there are more than one rules for a product.
- Though offer table displays all the available rules in case of every product. But it displays only the discount text.
Can I Expect Support in Case of Any Issues?
Yes, the support of XAdapter is one of the best. The following support is available for premium version:
- Tickets (Recommended)
- Live Chat
The basic version support is provided via the WordPress support forum.
What More Features Can I Expect?
They have just launched the latest version. Along with a whole lot of new features, the plugin has an improved interface.
In the latest version, the entire flow has been revamped and the plugin has been created in such a way that the users would not even have to look up to the documentation for any help.
The following are the new features added:
- An option which would let you choose the rules which are required to be executed from among all the available rules. You can choose to select among “Best Discount”, “First Match” and “All Match”.
- The order of the execution of the rules can be changed. The position of the rules can be changed by the newly added ‘drag & drop’ feature. You can further change the position of the “Product rules”, “Category rule”, “Cart rule”, “Combinational rule”, “Category Combinational rule” and “Buy and get free”. This would help in deciding the “First Match” rule.
- Discount based on email id(s).
- Discount based on the number of previous orders.
- Discount based on the amount of previous orders.
- In case of combinational rules, you can choose to give a discount on only one or two among the products combined. In the previous versions, the combinational rule discounts used to work as a net discount.
- Recurring rules feature has been simplified by adding it to the rules. In the previous version, this feature was added in the settings page. Recurring rules are available only for Product Rules
So you now understand why I told you that all shops should use the Dynamic Pricing plugin for WooCommerce? Please free to write your feedback regarding this plugin in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: This is a guest post by Ipshita Biswas from XAdapter. The opinions and ideas expressed herein are author’s own, and in no way reflect Cloudways position.
Start Creating Web Apps on Managed Cloud Servers Now!
Easy Web App Deployment for Agencies, Developers and E-Commerce Industry