When you set up an online ecommerce store, you find yourself in the midst of myriad pricing woes. Just like WooCommerce makes a perfect base for your ecommerce store, Dynamic Pricing plugin comes up with a perfect solution for all of your pricing requirements.
Table of Content
In this article, I will review Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin by XAdapter with every detailed information you are required to have before using the plugin. Also, I am going to tell how you can install and activate the plugin and make proper use of it.
Why Use Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugin?
Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugin is a WooCommerce extension that provides its users the ability to effortlessly implement dynamic prices and discounts at various levels: product, combination, category, and cart. It is one of the best plugins that help users to work with all the dynamic pricing and discount features without the need for any complexity.
The plugin enables users to effortlessly create complex rules involving discount types of percentage and flat. The user can even dynamically set a new price replacing the regular or the sales price. Along with the usual features expected from a dynamic pricing plugin, it has some unique features about which I will talk in the next section.
Which Features You Can Expect From the Plugin?
Along with the following usual features:
- Discount based on User Roles.
- Discount based on the date of purchase. Option to set up discount expiry date.
- Discount types can be either “Percentage”, “Flat” or “Fixed Price”.
- Buy & Get Free offers can be set up.
- Discount based on category.
- Discount based on cart parameters.
- Pricing table is displayed on the product page.
It also has the following unique features like:
- The pricing and discounts rules can be broadly set under– “Product Rules”, “Category Rules”, “Combinational Rules”, “Category Combinational rules”, “Cart rules” and “Buy and Get Free(offers)”. This detailed classification has made this plugin much easier to set up and less confusing while deciding which rules should go under which tab.
- An option to automatically add the free product in the cart in case a product qualifies for the BOGO rule.
- Setting up recurring rules is much simpler. You can just mention the rule number that is required to be repeated in the required field of the settings page.
- An option to enable or disable any of the rule types (product rules, cart rules etc.)
- Rules can be set up based either “Quantity”, “Price” or “Weight”.
- An “Adjustment” option which can be used in a number of ways. For example –while excluding 1 unit of the product from following a discount rule.
- There’s an option to set up a “Maximum Discount” value, in case you would want to restrict the discount to a certain value.
- Any product can be excluded from following a rule using an add-on
- Import/Export is one of the unique features of this plugin. In case of a huge number of rules, migration from one website to another can get real challenging without this feature. Secondly, if for some reason the user wants to delete all the rules and keep a backup, this feature would be invaluable.
- Offer Table feature is great in terms of displaying all the available discount options to the customers.
- Pricing format is customizable for variable products by using an add-on.
- The free version is equipped with all the basic features and is apt for small businesses. What’s best is that we provide amazing support even to the free version users.
Examples of Real Business Cases
- Discounting per item except for the first item in the cart. Using the “Adjustment” setting of the plugin, we could provide a solution to this feature.
- Selling of digital products in conjunction with a physical product. Using the BOGO feature of the Dynamic Pricing plugin, a solution could be provided for this which enabled the customer to add the required physical product to the cart which a virtual product has been selected. A detailed article on the same is given here – WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Offer discounts for different combinations of categories
- Giving discounts based on the combination of the categories of the items in the cart. When a customer faced problems while using “Combinational rules” for his large number of products, they introduced the “Category Combinational rule”. Here’s a detailed article on this – WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Offer discounts for a different combination of categories.
- Besides, the above solutions, there are two useful add-ons.
- The first add-on is used in order to exclude a product from following a rule. It comes handy while excluding one product from the rule setup for its category. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Excluding products from rules
- The second add-on is used to alter the pricing format for variable products. In place of the default price range, a user might want to give” Starting from $…”. This add-on would be useful in such cases. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts – Altering price HTML for variable products.
What Are the Drawbacks?
- Pricing table can be displayed only for product rules and only if there are more than one rules for a product.
- Though offer table displays all the available rules in case of every product it displays only the discount text.
Can I Expect Support in Case of Any Issues?
Yes, the support of XAdapter is one of the best. The following support is available for premium version:
- Tickets (Recommended)
- Live Chat
The basic version support is provided via the WordPress Support Forum.
Which Features Can I Expect?
They have just launched the latest version. Along with a whole lot of new features, WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin has an improved interface.
In the latest version, the entire flow has been revamped and the plugin has been created in such a way that the users would not even have to look up to the documentation for any help.
The following are the new features added in the latest version:
- An option which would let you choose the rules which are required to be executed from among all the available rules. You can choose to select among “Best Discount”, “First Match” and “All Match”.
- The order of the execution of the rules can be changed. The position of the rules can be changed by the newly added “Drag-and-Drop” feature. You can further change the position of the “Product rules”, “Category Rule”, “Cart Rule”, “Combinational Rule”, “Category Combinational Rule” and “Buy and Get Free”. This would help in deciding the “First Match Rule”.
- Discount based on email ID(s).
- Discount based on the number of previous orders.
- Discount based on the number of previous orders.
- In case of combinational rules, you can choose to give a discount on only one or two of the products combined. In the previous versions, the combinational rule discounts used to work as a net discount.
- Recurring rules feature has been simplified by adding it to the rules. In the previous version, this feature was added in the settings page. Recurring rules are available only for Product Rules.
Now, let’s move to the installation process.
Getting Started With Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugin for WooCommerce
WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discount is a freemium plugin. If you want to download a free version of this plugin then follow the steps below. But make sure you cannot avail the all features in free version. Because this is the basic version. To avail all features of this plugin you can go here.
- Log in to your WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discount Plugin
- Install and activate the plugin
After successfully installing the tab will appear on your sidebar screen. Go to WooCommerce > Dynamic Pricing. Here you can see the rules tabs like:
- Product Rules
- Category Rules
- Combi Rules (Premium)
- Category Combi Rules (Premium)
- Cart Rules (Premium)
- BOGO Rules (Premium)
- BOGO Category Rules (Premium)
I already told you this is the basic version of this plugin so you can use only two options Product Rules and Category rules. So let’s describe these two options.
1. Product Rules
There are no rules created to create a rule click the “Add New Rule” button on the top left-hand side. After click on this, the setting screen will appear on your screen. You need to fill the below requirements.
- Offer Name: Here you can add any suitable name for the offer.
- Rule Applicable On: Here you can apply the rule either any suitably selected categories or any selected products or all products in the cart.
- Products: Here you can select any products.
- Check For: Here you can apply the discounts either weight, price, or quantity of any products.
- Minimum Quantity: Here you can add the discount in minimum quantity. Suppose if a user can by minimum 2 then a user can avail the discount.
- Maximum Quantity: Here you can add the discount in maximum quantity. Suppose if a user wants to avail the discount then a user can buy maximum 2 quantity of products.
- Discount Type: Here you can see their options, use anyone percent discount, flat discount, and fixed price.
- Discount Percentage: Here you can provide a percentage based discount on product amount.
Next click on the “Save Rule” button, the rule has been applied. You can also update the rule later.
Here is the result, the 10% has been applied to the product of T-shirt category.
Product Rule: Adjustments
This is the premium feature. Here you can set Product Adjustments settings.
Product Rule: Allowed Rules & Date
Here you can set the rule like whatever you want to apply a rule for a full user or any specific like administrator, author, editor, subscriber, contributor, customer, and shop manager. Also here you can set the valid date and expiry date as well.
Product Rule: Restrictions
This is also a premium feature. Here you can add the restriction like email restriction, minimum order restriction, etc.
2. Category Rule
This is the same process of the Product Rule, but here you can apply the rule in multiple categories.
WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discount plugin is fully compatible with your WooCommerce store. If you want to increase your sale then I would like to suggest you must apply this plugin to your WooCommerce store and increase your sale fast and smartly.
Because this plugin is fantastic, I hope you now understand why I told you that all shops should use the Dynamic Pricing plugin for WooCommerce? If you have any query regarding this tutorial or you have any feedback regarding this plugin feel free to comment in the section below.
Moreover, you can also learn, how you could your WooCommerce store faster and smarter by choosing the best hosting for woocommerce that can secure your WooCommerce store
Your WooCommerce Store Needs A Reliable Host
With no compromise on Performance, Security & Support.
Saud is the WordPress Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed WooCommerce Hosting Platform. Saud is responsible for creating buzz, spread knowledge, and educate the people about WordPress in the Community around the globe. In his free time, he likes to play cricket and learn new things on the Internet. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org