Opening multiple tabs for your WordPress websites dashboards in a single browser can hamper your processing, and your performance as well. Multiple tabs increase the chances of error along with confusion on the user end.
WordPress, with its Multi-site feature, helps you to reduce that confusion. With a single username and password, multisite allows you to access all your websites under one WordPress installation. Read the following benefits to know why you should host a WordPress MultiSite:
- One-Click access to all Blogs: Multi-site allows access to all authors and site admin through a single drop-down menu in the WordPress admin bar. Having the ease of accessing multiple WordPress sites from a single click is convenient, to say the least, and all this with a single username and password.
- Centralized Users: Previously, creating duplicate users for each WordPress install was how multiple sites were managed. With Multisite, this hassle gets taken care of. You can give access to each site that the user needs access to.
- Shared Plugins and Themes: Plugins and Themes can be easily shared among all the websites. Users and authors also have the option of using the same theme and plugin as the parent website or installing a different one to their liking.
Is WordPress Multisite for You?
WordPress Multisite is not for everyone. If you are running a content specific website with contributors, then you do not need to install WordPress Multisite.
Multisite is best for use when you have a network of websites installed for an individual business. It is beneficial for large websites with different subdomains like a school website, a large business with domains in different countries.
Read more: When You Should Use WordPress Multisite
How to Install WordPress Multisite on Cloudways
Setting up a WordPress Multisite on DigitalOcean with Cloudways is just a few clicks away. You first need to Sign Up with Cloudways using just an e-mail or using your LinkedIn, Gmail or GitHub accounts. You can sign up and start your free trial at Cloudways by clicking here and follow steps.
- Select WordPress Multisite
- Select DigitalOcean Cloud
- Choose Server Size
- Select your location
1. Select WordPress Multisite Application
Name your WordPress Multisite application, server, and select project.
2. Select DigitalOcean Cloud
3. Choose Server Size
Select the server size based on your website traffic.
4. Select your location
Choose the data-center location of your server that is nearest to the targeted audience.
Just click on the Launch Now button and your server will take a few minutes to install WordPress multisite on DigitalOcean.
After your server is launched, the next step is to visit the WP admin screen and configure WordPress Multisite.
Read more: How do I take my website live from Cloudways
1. Go to Tools > Network Setup from the WordPress Admin panel. From there, you would have to choose subdirectories or subdomains, whichever you deem fit.
2. Now you would be prompted to change the title and email of the network. Be careful while editing these as you cannot change them later on.
3. Now click on the Install button.
Finally, you would be asked to copy and paste some code provided by WordPress into your wp-config.php and WordPress .htaccess files. After editing the codes, save both the files. Your WordPress multisite is now installed and ready to be used on the fastest WordPress Multisite hosting platform.
Go ahead and give it a try. Do not forget to let us know what benefits you reaped from this feature in the comments box.
Read more: Free SSL on WordPress Multisite