Due to its dynamic interface, WordPress is the most-used Content Management System (CMS) on the Internet. It offers thousands of themes and a wide range of plugins for customization. This has made WordPress a powerhouse for inventive web solutions.
Date and time play a vital role in organizing businesses and none other than a calendar can significantly come in handy to fulfill this purpose. From labeling events to keeping track of your routine tasks, WordPress calendar plugins offer you all.
WordPress offers various uniquely designed calendar plugins making your website trackable for routines and events for every demographic. I have outlined a few best WordPress event calendar plugins that can make the website visually stunning. Therefore, take your time to go through the article and find out which plugin suits your website best.
- All-in-One Event Calendar
- The Events Calendar
- My Calendar
- Simple Calendar-Google Calendar Plugin
- Calendar by WD – Responsive Event Calendar
- Calendarize It!
- Booked – Appointment Booking for WordPress
1. All-in-One Event Calendar
First up on our list is All-in-One Event Calendar. Due to its neat visual design and powerful set of features, All-in-One Calendar is one of the most advanced Calendar plugins for WordPress. This plugin was introduced by Timely. However, due to its limited resources, there is only a single person at WordPress.org to provide its tech support. However, troubleshooting is carried out on a regular basis, with a maximum response time ranging in between 24 to 48 hours.
Due to its vast resource of features, it is one of the widely recognized plugins for customers using WordPress. These are listed below:
- You can now use different color codes for categorizing events
- Comes with embedded Google Map feature
- Includes images of events and category
- Day, Month, Week, Agenda, Posterboard view
- Widgets offering upcoming events
- Comes with a Calendar theme editor
- SEO-Optimized events
- Twitter integration
- Linked with the original Calendar
- Filtered Calendar View
- Easy Importing feature
- You can now have recurring events involving complex patterns
- Filtered Event Categorizing
- Easily shareable with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook, iCalendar, etc.
- Supporting 15 Different Languages
All-in-One Calendar comes with 4 different plans:
- The Basic version is FREE
- The Pro version is $9/month
- The Hublite version is $29/month
- The Hub version $99/mo
2. The Events Calendar
Are you worried that your targeted community won’t be able to attend your event taking place later this month? Fret no more! For The Events Calendar is an expendable resource that offers consumers with a bookmark option for recurring events as well as publicly submitted events. Introduced under the flag of Modern Tribe, social media integration or ticket sales you name it, this plugin incorporates all. Event Calendar offers consumers a highly customizable interface to work out-of-the-box. Specifically designed for a wide range of users, it does not use shortcodes but uses a skeleton stylesheet to theme quickly and efficiently.
Here is a list of features that Event Calendar offers to its consumers:
- Rapidly create events
- Saved venues & organizers
- Calendar month view with tooltips
- List view, Day view
- Event search
- Google Maps Integration
- Widget: Upcoming events list
- Events Taxonomies (Categories & Tags)
- Google Calendar and iCal exporting
- Super smooth browsing using Ajax
- Completely responsive from mobile to tablet to desktop
- Tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Woo Themes, Thesis, and much more.
- Incremented Microformat SEO
- Internationalized & Translated
- Multiple stylesheets (Skeleton, Default, Tribe Event Styles) to improve integration
- Extensive Template Tags for Customization
- Hook & Filters up the wazoo
- Caching Support
- Debug Mode for Developers
It comes with a free base version; however, to add more functionality and features, you are required to upgrade your package to Pro version which will cost you $89/year for personal use with updates & support for a year on 1 site, $149/year for business updates & support for a year on 3 sites, and $299/year for an agency updates & support for a year on 10 sites.
3. My Calendar
If you are searching for placing multiple calendars on your WordPress multisite, then My Calendar is your thing. Making event management as easy as a snap with richly customizable ways, this plugin supports enormous flexibility for designers and developers likewise for creating custom calendars.
- Standard calendar grid and list views of events
- Show events in monthly, weekly, or daily view.
- Mini-calendar view for compact displays (as a widget or as a shortcode)
- Widgets: Today’s Events, Upcoming Events, Compact Calendar, Event Search
- Custom templates for event output
- Limit views by categories, location, author, or host
- Schedule a wide variety of recurring events.
- Edit individual occurrences of recurring events
- Rich permissions handling to restrict access to parts of My Calendar
- Email notification to administrator when events are scheduled or reserved
- Post to Twitter when events are created. (with WP to Twitter)
- Location Manager for frequently used venues
- Fetch events from a remote MySQL database. (Sharing events in a network of sites.)
- Import events from Kieran O’Shea’s Calendar plugin
- Integrated Help page to guide in use of shortcodes and template tags
- Shortcode Generator to help create customized views of My Calendar
My Calendar is absolutely free, however, Pro version comes with two different plans.
- Single-year License cost $49
- Permanent License cost 149
4. Simple Calendar-Google Calendar Plugin
If you are seeking simplicity and easy-to-use calendar plugin for your WordPress website, then Simple Calendar-Google Calendar Plugin is available for you. It comes with limited features as compared to its competitors but creates Calendar design in accordance to your liking.
Simple Calendar-Google Calendar Plugin comes with the following features:
- Display events from any public Google Calendar.
- Keep managing events in Google Calendar. No need to create events in WordPress.
- Out-of-the-box designs that match your theme’s look and feel.
- Fully responsive and mobile-friendly monthly grid and list views.
- Customize event content display using simple tags. No coding required.
- Combine multiple calendars into single displays explicitly or using categories.
- Intuitive admin settings for simple configuration changes.
- Advanced settings to adjust time zones, date/time formats and the start of the week.
- Many translations available with more being added on a regular basis.
- Fully extensible to support add-ons with advanced features for more specific needs.
Licensing includes the following price quotations:
- The Personal package comes with $49/year with a single site support
- The Business package comes with $79/year with support for 5 sites
- The Elite package comes with $149/year with support for 25 sites
5. Calendar by WD – Responsive Event Calendar
Spider Event Calendar also is known as Calendar by WD – Responsive Event Calendar is one of the many highly configurable Calendar plugins on WordPress. It is a calendar plugin that enables WordPress users to allocate a number of events in a single calendar. It organizes your events in the form of pop-out widgets through extensions. Specify a single event per day or multiple on the same date, organize your upcoming events in an orderly fashion, or let it be randomized. With Spider Event Calendar, you are now able to configure your events dynamically.
Why would you like to add Spider Event Calendar as a useful Plugin for your WordPress website? Here is a list of reasons.
- It is 100% responsive and fully compatible with all mobile devices.
- You can add an unlimited number of calendars, event categories, and events for each calendar.
- WordPress Calendar can be used as a widget as well.
- It contains separate upcoming events widget to display upcoming events in a list. The widget features are customizable.
- With a simple click on the date on the Calendar, you will see the events and their descriptions recorded for that day.
- Possibility to set the month and the year initially displayed on the calendar (option to display any particular month instead of the current month on the calendar).
- A possibility of displaying events repeating on a specific day of the week on a weekly, monthly and even yearly basis.
- The possibility of displaying single-day events.
- Possibility to choose month display format in the Spider Event Calendar.
- The option of displaying from one to four views (Month, List, Week, and Day).
- The possibility of setting one of the view options as a default one.
- An option to create categories.
- Possibility to assign a category for each event.
- The option of having different colors for each category.
- Filtering possibility on the front end: when clicking upon the category legend it will display events of that category only.
- Possibility to display multiple events for a single day.
- Possibility to include custom HTML, e.g. images in the event description.
- The possibility of defining the default view, as well as view options for the calendar widget.
- Colors and fonts of the Upcoming events widget can be customized from the widget area.
- Possibility to include only the events and not the calendar as a whole in a list form with Upcoming Events widget.
- Calendar widget uses lightbox for displaying events similar to the large calendar.
- The possibility of searching and browsing event in the backend for easier and quick editing.
- Possibility to display events of only specific categories when pressing the mentioned category labels below.
- Possibility to use the same color for the event categories (legend display below the calendars) for a unicolor design.
- Support for both 12-hour and 24-hour time options.
- All categories legend for displaying all events or returning to original state after hitting a specific category
- Support for recurring events
It is available in WordPress plugin directory for FREE, however, PRO pricing version has been categorized into 3 different plans:
- The Personal plan includes a single site at $20 for 6 months
- The Business plan includes 3 sites at $30 for 1 year
- The Developer plan includes unlimited domains at $40 for 1 year
EventON offers an amazing Calendar design and an exquisite user experience to customers. It’s beautifully-crafted, clean tile design is packed with tons of features for your website need. Recognized among customers for its feature availability, it is an awesome calendar which comes with WPML compatibility for event registration system.
- Set Event Time & Date
- Set Custom Unlimited Event Colors
- Easy Shortcode Generator
- Create Calendar Widget
- Added Interactive Featured Images
- Google Maps Integration
- Add to Calendar offering users to download events as.ICS file to Google Cal or iCal
- Create Upcoming events
- Different Styling for featured Events
- Create Event Cards with important information
- Clutter-Free Settings
- Custom Meta-fields
- Jump Months
- Up to 5 event type categories
- Colorized Google Maps
- Filter Events
- Customize Appearance
- Customize Font Icons
EventON comes with 2 licenses:
- The Regular License comes with 6-month support at $23
- The Extended License comes with 6-month support at $750
7. Calendarize It!
Calendarize It! is an another paid app available in the WordPress plugin directory. Due to its diversity and cool colorful themes, it is one of the most amazing calendar plugin available on WordPress. What makes it different from other calendar plugins is its Visual CSS Editor giving transparency to change and customize design on developer levels. Additionally, the support is par excellent and it comes with a number of downloadable add-ons.
Here is a list of features included in Calendarize it!:
- Different Color Schemes
- Easy Translation
- Dashboard Notifications
- Visual CSS Editor
- Downloadable Add-ons
- Event/Venue Layout Box Builder
- Point and Click Interface for adding Events
- Support for Recurring Events with Exceptions
- Individual Calendar for individual users on WordPress
- Advanced Filtering with custom taxonomies
- SideBar Widget with Mini event Calendar and Upcoming events
- Event List per day, week, month
- Custom fields and event
- Manage venues and organize
- Support for Shortcodes, custom post types, and capabilities
- Customize Data and Time format
- Detailed Event page and Venue page with google map support
- Support for Internationalization
Calendarize It! for WordPress comes with two licenses:
- The Regular License comes with 6-month support at $25
- The Extended License comes with 6-month support at $149
8. Booked – Appointment Booking for WordPress
If you have your own hospitality and tourism business and you are searching for a great plugin to manage your bookings, then Booked – Appointment Booking for WordPress is your thing. It comes with a single pricing plan and is indeed the best solution for your booking.
- Guest Booking
- Custom Time Slots
- Endless Color Possibilities for Calendars
- Custom Fields
- Front-End Calendar Shortcodes/Widgets
- Appointment Management
- Customizable emails for customers
- Fully responsive Frontend and admin
- Fully translatable
- Customer manages their own appointment
- Custom time slots
- Integration for Adding to Google Calendar
The Regular License of Booked – Appointment Booking for WordPress comes with 6-month support at $49.
Who to Date?
As many calendar plugins for WordPress websites are available on the market, I have significantly listed down a few for WordPress users. Calendars play a vital role in organizing events for our businesses and provide insight for it to our customers through websites. Therefore, it holds as much importance on your website as a map does. As far as my personal opinion is concerned, I believe My Calendar is a Calendar plugin that can offer you all in one package. Offering users customizable designs and interactive features, it is indeed, the plugin you desire for your specific website.