Creating an email campaign from scratch might look like a difficult task, especially if you are new to email marketing and have not yet found the right tools to simplify the workflows and ensure that your email marketing campaign brings in effective results.
MailChimp is certainly one of the most popular email marketing tools available today. This popularity is mainly due to the very high usability and effectiveness of the campaigns powered by MailChimp. Suitable for WooCommerce stores, it allows you to create and automate email marketing campaigns to a huge subscriber list without the risk of your email ending up in the Spam folder.
MailChimp is recognized as an accredited email provider and has a high percentage of deliverability.
It is likely that you are using a couple of tools to manage all the different stages of your email marketing campaigns. With MailChimp, you will have everything you need in a single platform, thus saving a lot of time that could be used for more creative pursuits.
If you wish to integrate MailChimp with WooCommerce store via a plugin, this article is for you. Let’s read on!
Table of Content
- Plugins for WooCommerce MailChimp
- WooCommerce MailChimp
- Features of WooCommerce MailChimp
- Some Good Reasons to Use MailChimp
- MailChimp for WooCommerce Multisite
- WooCommerce MailChimp Requirements
- WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- Sign up for MailChimp
- Welcome to mailChimp
- Create List of MailChimp
- Installing WooCommerce MailChimp
1. Plugins for WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
Here are the best WooCommerce MailChimp plugins that can help you automate your email marketing campaigns.
- WooCommerce MailChimp
- YITH WooCommerce MailChimp
- WooChimp – WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- WooCommerce Autoresponder
- WooCommerce Price Notification
For the purpose of this article, I will use WooCommerce MailChimp plugin.
2. WooCommerce MailChimp
WooCommerce MailChimp helps you manage your email marketing campaigns. With MailChimp, you can create and send newsletters to your customers, manage your subscriber lists, create targeted ecommerce automation, generate custom product recommendations, send abandoned cart emails, track the performance of your campaigns, and many more.
With its intuitive interface, WooCommerce MailChimp assists you in creating enriched emails, analyzing their performance and automate campaigns according to the behavior of your subscribers.
3. Features of WooCommerce MailChimp
- Allow customers to subscribe MailChimp after order creation, processing, & completion
- Allow you to control the label displayed next to the opt-in checkbox
- Allow you to control whether or not the opt-in checkbox is checked or unchecked by default
- Allow you to control the placement of the opt-in checkbox on the checkout page
- Allow you to set one or more than one interest groups to add users to based on the selected MailChimp list
4. Some Good Reasons to Use MailChimp
- Customization: Pick from dozens of default templates or create a custom template that’s right for you.
- Targeting: Segment the recipients and subscribers into groups according to location, activity, and commitment.
- Analytics: Monitor the performance of campaigns with MailChimp advanced reporting tools (interactive charts, click cards, opening rates, unsubscriptions, etc.).
- Social: Connect MailChimp to your Twitter and Facebook accounts to automatically connect your campaigns to these networks.
5. MailChimp for WooCommerce Multisite
The good part is the seamless integration of MailChimp with WordPress Multisite. So, if you have a Multisite network, the plugin works very well for managing email campaigns for multisite.
6. WooCommerce MailChimp Requirements
Before installing this plugin, you need to make sure that you have at least PHP 5.4 (PHP 7.x recommended), WordPress 3.5.x and WooCommerce 2.2+.
7. WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
Sign up for MailChimp
Go to MailChimp official website and click ‘Sign Up Free‘ to create a new account.
Next, enter your Email, Username, and Password and click ‘Get Started!‘ button.
Next, you will see the message asking you to verify your email address and activate your account.
Check your email and open the email you received from MailChimp. Open it and click the ‘Activate Account‘ button.
Next, you will be asked to confirm that you are a human. Click the I’m Not A Robot button to confirm.
Welcome to MailChimp
Enter your First Name and Last Name and click the Continue button.
Next, enter your Business Name and Website URL and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
Now add your complete business address (including city, region, ZIP code, country) and click ‘Continue‘ button.
If you have an email subscribers list, then select ‘Yes‘ and click ‘Continue‘ button.
If you want to add your social profiles (such as Facebook and Twitter) of your business, then click the ‘+‘ button and if not, click ‘Continue‘ button.
Now click ‘Ok, Let’s Do It‘ button to get the MailChimp account ready to action.
After that, you’ll be asked some questions about your business. You just need to click ‘Yes or No‘ button.
Do you sell things online?
Do you support bookings, ticket sales, or appointments online?
Do you want customers to interact directly with a person? (This could be on the phone, online, or at a location.)
Do you make money off the content on your site?
Do your customers interact with your business mostly through your software or app’s interface?
Choose: Which statement best represents your organization’s primary goal and/or source of revenue?
Then click ‘Continue‘ button.
That’s it! Now click the Start Using MailChimp button.
Create a List of MailChimp
Go to MailChimp Dashboard and click ‘Lists‘ from the top-left menu bar.
Click ‘Create List‘ button in the ‘Lists‘ tab.
Next, you can see the list form. Fill out the required details and then click the ‘Save‘ button.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a list. Now, let’s move to the WooCommerce MailChimp plugin installation process.
Installing WooCommerce MailChimp
To install WooCommerce MailChimp plugin, go to your WooCommerce Dashboard → Plugins → Add New and search for WooCommerce MailChimp from the search bar. Install and Activate the plugin.
After successful activation, you will be redirected to the API Information screen, where you need to add your API key.
Next, go back to your MailChimp Dashboard, click ‘Profile‘ from the top-left menu bar.
Navigate to Extras → API keys.
Click ‘Create A Key‘ button to generate an API key.
As you can see, the API key has been generated successfully.
Copy the API key from your MailChimp account and paste it into WooCommerce MailChimp API Information and click ‘Save all changes’ button’.
After that, you can see an additional tab, ‘Store Settings‘. Here you need to fill the additional details like name, email, etc. Next, click the ‘Save’ button.
Next, go to the next tab, ‘List Settings’, where you need to choose the list you created previously to sync with your store.
Finally, click ‘Save’ button and the Sync and Logs tabs will appear automatically.
Now, go to your WooCommerce store checkout page. There you will notice ‘Subscribe to our newsletter‘ checkbox which is ticked by default.
That’s all for WooCommerce MailChimp installation process.
WooCommerce MailChimp plugin provides simple and flexible MailChimp integration for WooCommerce store. I highly recommend you install this plugin at your WooCommerce stores and start multiplying sales through new subscribers. If you still have any query or comments related to this article, feel free to ask via the comment section below.