None. We don’t have a contract for any of our plans. You will always be billed on a monthly basis for the services utilized in the previous month.
Your credit card information is kept safe with a renowned third party payment sytem, Adyen, which is a PCI compliant payment processor based in Netherlands.
Cloudways does not store, record or keep track of your credit card information.
We accept all major credit cards i.e. VISA / MasterCard / AMEX. You can also request to pay through PayPal. Please contact us to request Paypal payments.
a) The Click&Go plan is catered towards independent bloggers, designers/developers and small businesses. Our easy to use application console helps you deploy and manage your desired application with a few clicks. It is also a good option for clients who want Cloudways to deploy, manage, monitor and resolve any website/app issues, so they can focus on other aspects of their business.
b) Our PowerCloud plan is designed for Small to Mid-sized Enterprises (SMEs), who are looking for top-notch PERFORMANCE and FLEXIBILITY within a MANAGED HOSTING environment. You can be a startup in the initial phases, with a single server web shop, or a well-established business striving for High Availability and Scalability. The PowerCloud plan is also ideal for high growth businesses that want to outsource all, or part of, their IT operations to the Cloud. There's where we come in and help with the entire life cycle:
Analysis > Migration Path Proposal > Cloud Infrastructure Design > Migration > On-going maintenance/support.
We use a post-billing process, which means you're geting the invoice for services utilized in the previous month.
a) Click&Go customers are charged in the first week of every month for services used in the previous month.
b) PowerCloud customers are charged at the end of the first month of your management subscription with Cloudways.
You can contact us through live chat or create a support ticket by sending an email at support (at) cloudways.com .
Click&Go Cloud is a leading edge Platform-as-a-Service. It offers ease of use and simplicity to both developers and non-technical people who are seeking instant deployment of pre-configured web applications with a strong focus on performance and security.
This efficient platform is supported by an easy-to-use self-management console that provides a comprehensive set of tools to simplify the deployment and control of your cloud applications and infrastructure.
Click&Go provides an ideal platform for independent bloggers, designers, developers, web agencies and small businesses to host their websites—on the cloud quickly, effectively, and with the best possible performance. Click&Go is extremely easy to use and we strive to make it the most convenient hosting platform.
For the past two years, Cloudways has been working with hundreds of businesses, helping them to deploy and migrate from a variety of environments to the Cloud. We have gained extremely valuable knowledge in this process and this knowledge is the foundation of our Click&Go platform.
All your applications are deployed over an exceptionally optimized stack of services (Nginx, Varnish, Memcached, and Apache) and make full use of these caching technologies that are essential for optimal performance in the Cloud.
Click&Go console is broadly divided into two tabs: Server Management and Application Management.
In Server Management tab, you can control your server (Start/Stop/Restart, etc.), view a large number of monitoring items, interact with the different services in your server (Start/Stop/Restart ...), backup the server, and few other server related features.
In the Application Management tab, we have packed all functionalities related to your apps. You can choose from the different apps installed on a server through a drop-down menu, check URLs and credentials for it, set a CNAME, restore backups, and other application related features.
Unfortunately not. Click&Go is a platform and we provide our own extremely streamlined console to interact with our service.
The Free Trial account runs on minimum server specifications (i.e., Small instance).
DigitalOcean Trial :
• One server with 30 Day Free Trial.
• 512 MB or 1 GB Server size packages with upto 2TB Bandwidth.
• US, Europe and Asia.
Amazon EC2 Trial :
• One server with 3 Day Free Trial.
• Small Plan ( Dedicated server with 1.7 GB RAM ) with 100GB Max Disk size for Web files and Databases.
• US. Northern Virginia.
There is no limit, but you need to consider how busy these applications are (number of visitors/users) to decide how many you can safely host on the same server. We advise you to closely monitor the server performance parameters and metrics in the console to know when you are reaching the limits of a server.
Currently, we support WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, MediaWiki, Prestashop, Moodle, SugarCRM and PHP Stack. However, we will continue to add more applications from time to time, and you can vote for your preferred application on our feedback page here.
We currently support Amazon Web Services (AWS) and DigitalOcean but we are planning to add more cloud providers in the near future. Again, you can tell us your preference on our feedback page here.
We support all the datacenters that Amazon and DigitalOcean provides.
You can choose any of the available regions :
• USA : Virginia, Oregon, North Carolina, San Francisco, New York
• Europe : Ireland, Amsterdam
• Asia Pacific : Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo
• South America : Brazil
We have embedded several features in our Click&Go platform that provide a layer of management for your servers and applications. Your servers will be automatically patched on a regular basis; backups can also be scheduled from the console; and we monitor servers, round-the-clock to detect failures or other kind of events that render them unusable and react automatically to them. We will continue to add more features that will make your life easier and are open to any additional suggestions that you may have. Click here to suggest your desired feature.
We DO NOT provide any application level support. We support, though, all the functionalities available through our Click&Go platform (for e.g., server launch, application deployment, etc.
All your applications are behind a firewall with tight controls. Additionally, we regularly patch the servers that host your applications and we minimize the number of services open to the Internet.
Moreover, the infrastructure supporting our Click&Go platform has been carefully designed to offer the minimal chances of attack. All the critical services are properly distributed to ensure that vulnerabilities can be contained.
Please visit our pricing page to get an idea of your costs.
No, Click&Go is a platform and we need to ensure that our server park remains in as consistent state as possible. This is done to ensure that all processes and tools built into the platform work properly. This would not be possible if we allow customers to change anything they want in their servers via root access.
We understand that there are things that you want to do on your server and you can’t because of this limitation. Having said that, we remain highly committed to serve our customers. We strive to add new features to our Click&Go platform to solve your problems. Feel free to post your suggestions on our feedback page here.
Yes, you can scale the size of your server from Click&Go console at any time.
We backup all your application data and related databases.
The default backup frequency is 24 hours; however, you can change backup frequency between 1 to 7 days from the Click&Go console.
SSL installation and management is available in our Click&Go platform. You will find a dedicated section for SSL inside the Application Management tab.
Please go over the following Knowledge Base entry for details on how to achieve that.
Although, we will not get directly involved with your migration process, but, we may try our best to make this process easier.
We have developed several migrator tools for the most common applications to help you with the migration process. If your application is not currently supported, stay tuned and vote for it here.
We have also created a series of Knowledge Base Articles that can guide you in the process if the migrators don’t work for you.
We offer email services as a separate add-on. For email accounts (mailboxes), you can use our RackSpace Email add-on and for outgoing/transactional emails, you can use the Sendgrid SMTP add-on.
Yes, our support engineers are available round the clock to help you. You can reach out to them through live chat and e-ticketing system at any time.
We offer 3 important tools that should satisfy any requirement:
1) SFTP access to upload/download files securely.
2) SSH access (with pseudo privilege) for tech-savvy customers.
3) MySQL access via SSH.
For Windows based servers, we offer Remote Desktop Connection.
Panels are nice when they’re used to display all elements of server management in one screen, however if misused (which happens quite often), they pose security threats by revealing your data to unauthorized personnel. They also waste invaluable resources, which can be used efficiently for other purposes, for example to optimize page load time.
Being a custom-tailored setup, we use all kinds of caching layers that your app can support e.g. Alternative PHP Cache (APC), Varnish and Memcached. By default, we also deploy Nginx as Web server (unless your app can't run properly with it). This again, helps boost performance that you can get from your resources.
We also run extremely lean systems (no panels, no GUI and nothing fancy) to maximize performance.
There are 3 main areas where PowerCloud is different from most PaaS providers- FLEXIBILITY, DATA ACCOUNTABILITY and LOCK-IN.
Typical PaaS environments (like the ones mentioned above) cannot be as flexible as a custom-tailored solution. A PaaS environment is basically a Black box where you input data with no visibility of what goes on in the background e.g. how and where it is stored.
Also, opting out of a PaaS provider is not simple. There is no straightforward method to extracting your data and integrating it with other systems, so migration can be tricky.
Most importantly, there are no managed solutions available, which limits your options at the behest of the features available though their native web portal/API.
Unfortunately, we don’t provide support for inbound email. However, your server will still be able to send outbound emails to your customers, such as automated emails like “forgot password” etc.
By letting you bring your own cloud hosting account, we avoid lock-ins and you're able to retain 100% ownership of your data and cloud infrastructure. This lets you be in control of all critical aspects.
If for some reason you’re unhappy with our service, you can discontinue and walk away with a functional infrastructure. We believe that no hidden lock-ins at our part gives you complete peace of mind.
We currently work with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elastichosts and CloudSigma. The reason we work with a limited number of providers is because we're on very good terms and have an open communication channel with these providers. This, in turn, helps us in being able to offer the quality of service that we strive to provide.
We're however open to working with other providers/environments as well, on a case by case basis.
There are no restrictions with reference to key resources such as CPU, memory, number of servers etc.
Yes, we do so for customers on our managed service plans. We can install SSL Certificates on your Cloudways servers or migrate your existing SSL certificates.
Our PowerCloud plan is designed for Small to Mid-sized Enterprises (SMEs), who are looking for top-notch PERFORMANCE and FLEXIBILITY within a MANAGED environment. You can be a startup in the initial phases, with a single server web shop, or a well-established business striving for High Availability and Scalability.
The PowerCloud plan is also ideal for high growth businesses that want to outsource all, or part of, their IT operations to the Cloud. There's where we come in and help with the entire life cycle:
Analysis > Migration Path Proposal > Cloud Infrastructure Design > Migration > On-going maintenance/support.
The additional/optional features available include a range of frequently requested options: Email services, DNS Services, Mail gateway services, Off-site backup etc.
PowerCloud Management Service includes six broad categories of features outlined below:
24x7 Customer Support
• 24x7 Monitoring of your servers (via our own monitoring platform).
• 24x7 Live Customer Chat.
• 24x7 Online Ticketing System.
• Technical advice and guidance related to your cloud deployment.
• Knowledge Base & Forum.
Application Level Support
• Applications: Magento, Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, Moodle, Mediawiki. For other applications, please contact us to describe your application stack so we can assess the level of support we can offer.
• Application Deployment and Setup.
• Complete Migration from your current hosting.
• 24x7 Application Monitoring.
• Application Multisite Support (for specific applications).
• Plugin Updates. (1)
• Plugin & Core Troubleshooting. (1)
• SSL Integration.
• DNS Management. (2)
• Application Core Updates (supported, under certain circumstances, as an Add-on).
(1) Application/plug-in troubleshooting will not involve in any case any code related issue (be it custom customer code or faulty plug-ins). Anything that entails modifying application code is beyond our managed services scope.
(2) Cloudways doesn't provide any DNS Services. We manage DNS on top of your own DNS provider and for Cloudways related infrastructure only. In case you want to change your DNS provider, we recommend DNSMadeEasy.
Server Level Support
• Clouds Supported: Amazon AWS, Elastichosts, Linode, Digitalocean.
• 24x7 Server Monitoring.
• Linux (Debian) / Windows Server 2008 SP R2 / Windows Server 2012 Operating System Support.
• Weekly Operating System patching (for supported OSs above)
• WEB Servers: Apache, nginx, IIS 7,5, IIS 8.0. Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching.
• Database Servers: MySQL, MS SQL Server. Installation, Configuration (including replication/mirroring), Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching.
• Database Servers: Postgres, MongoDB. Installation, Monitoring.
• Auto-scaling and Load Balancing deployments.
• High Availability deployments.
• Managed Backup Services (on-site/off-site): rsnapshot, duplicity, Windows Backup. Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching, Restoration. On-site are backups residing in the same infrastructure as server. Off-site, are backups residing in different infrastructure. Off-site backups are available as an Add-on.
• FTP Servers: vsFTPd, Windows FTP. Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching.
• SMTP: Postfix (only outgoing), Microsoft SMTP Service (only outgoing). Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching. We offer SMTP Gateway services as an Add-on.
• Software Firewalls: Shorewall (iptables), Windows Firewall. Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching.
• SSL support.
• Security Patches.
• VPN (OpenVPN) access to servers (available as an Add-on).
• Security Testing/Analysis of web applications (available as an Add-on).
• PCI Compliance Services (available as an Add-on).
• Caching: Varnish, Memcached, APC. Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching.
• CDN Integration & Support.
• DB optimization.
• Nginx / php-fpm deployments (on compatible environments).
• Email Services (mailboxes).
• Email Gateway (for reliable outgoing email delivery).
• Load Testing of web applications.
• Security Testing/Analysis of web applications.
• VPN (OpenVPN) access to servers (for secure management).
• PCI Compliance Services (the whole process up to obtaining the PCI Security Certificate).
• Off-site Backups (to Amazon S3).
In case of any doubt please contact Support at: support(at)cloudways.com or Sales at join(at)cloudways.com.